What's new

Aaron Gordon....Are you serious? Disaster.....Disaster.....

yamers

A guy who can't create his own shot AT ALL

A guy who shoots .400 from the free throw line...(worse than griffin in college)

Dont even talk about this "elite defense" ....this kid is going to get torched. Most of his buckets are off Oops....cool.

3 point % at .352...but Griffin shot around the same .375 from 3. This guy isn't going to magically develop a free throw shot.

So we need a scoring punch and you believe that Gordon is the answer? I....cant.....even....

Do you want a guy who will be a major liability to keep on the floor in close games? HACK GORDON.

last 3 games, Gordon has averaged 7.25 points on 26.2% shooting and a free-throw shooting percentage of 29.2%, yes 29.2% from the free-throw line.

p.s. his shooting is atrocious and makes Andre Drummond's outside game look like Kobe Bryant's.

Last edited:
As of now, I wouldn't take Gordon ahead of Vonleh, Smart or likely Randle. Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted. There are other guys like Saric, McDermott, etc. who could conceivably end up going higher. If he's so great, why are the Celtics, Lakers and Kings trying to trade their pick.

I'm also having a hard time buying that a guy who averages 1 block and .9 steals in college is this great defensive player.

As of now, I wouldn't take Gordon ahead of Vonleh, Smart or likely Randle. Will be interesting to see where he gets drafted. There are other guys like Saric, McDermott, etc. who could conceivably end up going higher. If he's so great, why are the Celtics, Lakers and Kings trying to trade their pick.

I'm also having a hard time buying that a guy who averages 1 block and .9 steals in college is this great defensive player.

Do you even watch basketball or are you just a box score junkie? He is a 6'9" forward that can stay in front of most 2 guards. Don't be dumb.

problem is.. we need a star... not just a good player... Gordon may bust but he is the youngest one in the draft and he has the highest ceiling of the players left imo.. gotta swing for the fences

Last edited:
problem is.. we need a star... not just a good player... Gordon may bust but he is the youngest one in the draft and he has the highest seeling of the players left imo.. gotta swing for the fences

Sorry, but Gordon is probably the furthest thing away from a star of the top 8 players of this draft.

Gordon won't be a #1 or #2 option offensively, but I look at him as one of the safest picks in the draft. I would be happy-ish with him at 5 and very happy if we were to move down to 7-9. Length, athleticism, and motor are probably the 3 things that translate best from the college game to the professional ranks. I also believe he is more skilled than people here give him credit for. Plus he's extremely young, is a solid kid, very articulate, etc. Would be a great locker room presence and ambassador for the franchise.

I hear the Kenneth Faried comparison and am lukewarm on it. I don't think he compares exactly to any player in the league, but I see him being an impact guy across the box score on both sides of the ball. a la Andrei Kirilenko or Kawhi Leonard.

the Jazz could use his lateral quickness and leaping abilities. he is not the OMG pick but a solid one for sure.

Jimmy Butler: 1.1 steals, 0.5 blocks at Marquette
Kawhi Leonard: 1.4 steals, 0.4 blocks at San Diego State

Sure you may not think he is a fit for this team but at least watch him first before you claim he isn't a great defensive player.

he's a solid defensive player...

but the big problem we had on defense is..

#1 crobain....

#2 Trey Burke can't stay in front of most of the guards in the NBA...

#3 Enes Kanter gets lost on defense.

and Gordon won't fix this. Marcus Smart would be a huge upgrade to this defense as it stands right now...

Defense can be learned. Smart's strength is not something Trey can gain in time, but defensive awareness is. He is a smart kid. I bet he is smarter than Marcus. Not ballzier, but smarter. I think Utah needs a fast cutter preferably a small forward in this rich draft. But I just can't say who. I wish the Jazz could bring someone like Parker or Wiggins more than before. Then the draftee and Gordon Hayward would work wonders on fast breaks.

elite explosive dunking means publicity. if he can get it done as his routine. I find him ways below blake's starting point. but he is not even drafted yet. we shall lay down with patience. whoever the jazz draft, I will not be sorry for the decision.

did you watch ibaka and how 1 man can drastically change a 7 game series?

we don't need gordon to be an offensive star. we need him to be a defensive star. we are in a rebuilding mode. we can address our offense through FA or next year's draft.

randle - we have favors & kanter
smart - don't like small backcourt, don't like small SG. we have trey at PG
exum - he is probably gone
vonleh - tremendous potential, but he is 3 year project. can he come in and start? no. he won't even avg 25 in his first year.

with gordon, we can give him 30 min and make him our do it all defender.

even better, we should trade all our veterans and just build a team around trey, gordon, favors, burks, and kanter.

Defense can be learned. Smart's strength is not something Trey can gain in time, but defensive awareness is. He is a smart kid. I bet he is smarter than Marcus. Not ballzier, but smarter. I think Utah needs a fast cutter preferably a small forward in this rich draft. But I just can't say who. I wish the Jazz could bring someone like Parker or Wiggins more than before. Then the draftee and Gordon Hayward would work wonders on fast breaks.

For some reason this just cracked me up: "Trey is smarter than Smart." :)

Do you even watch basketball or are you just a box score junkie? He is a 6'9" forward that can stay in front of most 2 guards. Don't be dumb.

There are lots of guys who can stay in front of guards. You don't talk yourself into drafting them top 5.

Gordon won't be a #1 or #2 option offensively, but I look at him as one of the safest picks in the draft. I would be happy-ish with him at 5 and very happy if we were to move down to 7-9. Length, athleticism, and motor are probably the 3 things that translate best from the college game to the professional ranks. I also believe he is more skilled than people here give him credit for. Plus he's extremely young, is a solid kid, very articulate, etc. Would be a great locker room presence and ambassador for the franchise.

I hear the Kenneth Faried comparison and am lukewarm on it. I don't think he compares exactly to any player in the league, but I see him being an impact guy across the box score on both sides of the ball. a la Andrei Kirilenko or Kawhi Leonard.

You're comparing Gordon to a bunch of guys who get drafted mid first-round every year. If you like defense and athleticism, you can draft McDaniels later in the draft.