What's new

AK+9th pick 4 Iggy+filler (build to keep Deron and make a title run now)

d@!!0n0rcutt

If Philly is going after Turner, which I know they can just go with Turner at the 2 and Iggy at the 3 or switched, but they also have Young which hasn't been given his opportunity. So for the incentive of getting rid of Iguodala they pick up another lottery pick and an expiring.

Then we resign Boozer and trade Millsap to Atlanta for Pachulia. Trade Koufos and Matt Harpring's trade exception for Przybilla (expiring). Sign Joey Graham, Sasha Pavlovic, or Ime Udoka to part of MLE to take up all of our MLE.

Through the draft we aren't going to get someone who can help us now, because if we want to keep Deron here we need to be building for a championship run in the next couple years. These moves would give us experience that we need and the length in the interior but especially the experience in the post that we won't get from any big man in the draft.

Our line up looks like this...

Williams/Price
Miles/Matthews
Iguodala/Graham or Pavlovic or Udoka
Boozer/Graham or Pachulia
Przybilla/Pachulia/Okur

As David Locke has said we need that third scorer a combination of DWill/Iggy/Booz would give us those three scorers. BTW Boozer can sign with us for extra year and more money. Then and if Okur returns partially healthy we shop him for expirings, so we won't get hit with luxury tax to hard the following seasons.

Or we could just re-sign Ronnie Brewer and not give up our best wing player and lottery pick.

Also, you can't package a TE like that, and Portland has absolutely no incentive to give away Joel for Koufos (they're owned by Paul Allen, and Joel's contract is reasonable anyway).

Millsap for Pachulia? Disgusting.

Ime Udoka? Joey Graham? Sasha Pavlovic?

Have you ever even watched any of these guys play?

I would much, much, much rather have Brewer than Iggy. Iggy sucks and gets paid like AK. No thanks.

Also, you can't package a TE like that, and Portland has absolutely no incentive to give away Joel for Koufos (they're owned by Paul Allen, and Joel's contract is reasonable anyway).

Millsap for Pachulia? Disgusting.

Ime Udoka? Joey Graham? Sasha Pavlovic?

Have you ever even watched any of these guys play?

Yes, you can package trade exception like that, but you can't package trade exceptions together.

Millsap isn't gonna wanna play behind Boozer again, and this way we get length and someone who isn't afraid to hack someone to the floor if they try coming in the paint.

Those three players are players that are good role players that have experience, play pretty good defense, and also are athletes that can keep their man in front of them and hit an open jumper. I have watched alot NBA games and couple glaring things about our team is length and keeping up with the athletes on other teams.

I would much, much, much rather have Brewer than Iggy. Iggy sucks and gets paid like AK. No thanks.
Brewer SUCKS! He can't hit an open jumper to save his life, and Iggy is an all-star caliber player unlike Brewer, they don't even compare.

You don't get it...what we have doesn't work, it gets us 48 to 54 wins, and early exit from the playoffs, we need to change it up a bit to give ourselves a shot or we will just be cheering for the same thing each year.

No I'm not, you can package the trade exception with a player
I think the trade exemption has to be enough on its own to absorb the player coming back (I may be wrong here, actually). Also, I'm not sure if the 125% + $100k applies to TE's (what's wrong with me?).

Regardless, why would Portland make that trade?

Also, what does Iggy bring to the Jazz? Do you really think he's any better than AK? Do you really think dumping AK, Millsap and Monroe (or other rookie) for Iggy (who can't shoot) and a few scrubs makes the Jazz a better team? How?

No I'm not, you can package the trade exception with a player

Umm you're still wrong.

https://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

See section 71-

There are some common misconceptions about non-simultaneous trades. For one, teams cannot use a Traded Player exception to sign free agents; it can be used only to acquire existing contracts from other teams. For another, teams cannot combine a Traded Player exception with other exceptions (such as the Mid-Level exception or the 125% plus $100,000 margin from another trade) in order to trade for a more expensive player. For example, a team with a $1 million Traded Player exception cannot combine it with their $2 million player to trade for a $3 million player (see question number 74 for more information on combining exceptions).

Here is a more complicated example of a legal non-simultaneous trade: a team has a $4 million Traded Player exception from an earlier trade, and a $10 million player it currently wants to trade. Another team has three players making $4 million, $5 million and $7 million, and the teams want to do a three-for-one trade with these players. This is legal -- the $5 million and $7 million players together make less than the 125% plus $100,000 allowed for the $10 million player ($12,600,000), and the $4 million player exactly fits within the $4 million Traded Player exception. So the $4 million player actually completes the previous trade, leaving the two teams trading a $10 million player for a $5 million and a $7 million player. From the other team's perspective it's all just one big simultaneous trade: their $4 million, $5 million and $7 million players for the $10 million player.

Again, non-simultaneous trades are not available when a team trades away multiple players (aggregates). Let's say a team has a $4 million player and a $5 million player, and uses the Traded Player exception to trade for an $8 million player. Even though they trade away more salary ($9 million) than they receive ($8 million), the fact that they aggregated the two players means they do not gain a Traded Player exception. However, it is sometimes possible to reorganize these trades so that players technically are not aggregated. A good example of this occurred in 2004 when Houston traded Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato to Orlando for Tracy McGrady, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines. As a single trade, it could only be simultaneous since multiple players were moving each way. However, Houston was able to reorganize the trade into three separate trades. In one trade, they acquired McGrady and Gaines for Mobley and Cato. In another trade, they acquired Howard and Lue using an existing Traded Player exception from their earlier Glen Rice trade. That left them trading Francis essentially by himself for nothing, which generated a new Traded Player exception in the amount of Francis' base year value. From Orlando's perspective, it was a single, simultaneous three-for-four trade.

Teams can consume only part of a Traded Player exception, in which case they can still use the remainder in a future trade. For example, if a team trades a $4 million player for a $2 million player, they gain a $2.1 million Traded Player exception. If they later trade a draft pick for a $1 million player, they still have $1.1 million remaining to acquire more players and complete the trade (until one year from the date of the original trade).

Also, what does Iggy bring to the Jazz? Do you really think he's any better than AK? Do you really think dumping AK, Millsap and Monroe (or other rookie) for Iggy (who can't shoot) and a few scrubs makes the Jazz a better team? How?

If I may interject and field this question: *clears throat*...... it doesn't..........at all.

I think the trade exemption has to be enough on its own to absorb the player coming back (I may be wrong here, actually). Also, I'm not sure if the 125% + $100k applies to TE's (what's wrong with me?).

Regardless, why would Portland make that trade?

Pachulia, Przybilla, Graham make us alot longer and they are experienced veterans that know their roles and play good defense. Portland does this because they have Camby and Oden already and they shed some salary.

Also, after verifying with those who know, the 125% + $100k doesn't apply to TPEs. The salary being obtained has to be within $100k of the TPE. The Matt Harpring TPE is worth $6.5mil and Przy will make $7.4mil next season. Definitely a no go.

But, again, why the **** would Portland make that trade anyway?

Portland does this because they have Camby and Oden already and they shed some salary.
The Blazers are owned by Paul Allen and the Jazz are a division rival. There is no way in hell they make that trade. It's retarded. Absolutely ****ing retarded.

And Iggy blows.

Never mind that Millsap for Pachulia is one of the worst ideas ever brought up on the board. Never mind that throwing in the #9 pick with AK to get Iggy and his horrific contract really would **** up the Jazz finances for years to come. Never mind that you can NOT package an TE, especially for a guy who might never play again. The deal killer for me is Vujabitch. If the Jazz sign him, I'm becoming a T'wolves fan.

Ok so a starting line up of...

Wiliams/Price
Miles/Matthews
AK/Miles/rookie
Millsap/AK/rookie
Fesenko/Koufos

How many games does this win you? Goodbye Deron in two seasons, and then Jazz suck!