What's new

Alec Burks: 2013 - 2014 Season Mix

I'm not in that group. I think he is a great passer, and respectable shooter that needs to be honored, but he relies too heavily on driving to the hoop for some awkward shots. He needs to utilize his midrange game and be a more willing passer when he dives to the hoop. Doing those things would give him a chance at being an Allstar caliber player and more possibly.

Right now he's too predictable. Everyone knows what he's going to do. Last year he caught teams by surprise, it will be tougher this year if he doesn't broaden his overall game.

But I know he can shoot and pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Define great.

Only if he develops the rest of his offensive game, and competes on defense like Jordan did.

Burks relies too heavily on driving. Before long defenders will pick up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. His "houdini" will be pretty easy to stop once defenders get used to it. Right now, they're doing the correct thing by cutting him off since he's not athletic/fluid enough to change directions once he gets a head of steam. The defenders are essentially forcing Burks into all these miracle heaves. Once they realize he can make them with a fair level of consistency, it would only take them very small adjustments to back off just a tad and "freeze" him in the middle of nowhere-to-go and houdini.

He needs to become way more dynamic. He cannot dunk over the top of defenders and he cannot change movement speed, which is probably the most important part of a driver's game.

Why do rappers have to ruin everything?

Foye might be a better player than Burks..........

Troll alert! Everyone knows Burks is leagues better than Foye as overall player, shooter - I'll give Foye that. He's a great spot-up shooter. He's not quick, he's got no shake for a 2guard, and he'd get destroyed going to the rim. All Foye does is shoot.

Troll alert! Everyone knows Burks is leagues better than Foye as overall player, shooter - I'll give Foye that. He's a great spot-up shooter. He's not quick, he's got no shake for a 2guard, and he'd get destroyed going to the rim. All Foye does is shoot.
I was quoting David Locke. He said the same thing when Foye was on the team and Burks wasn't getting any playing time.

I was quoting David Locke. He said the same thing when Foye was on the team and Burks wasn't getting any playing time.

Can we trade David Locke? He gets the weirdest set of facts, from random *** angles and applies them to unrelated situations. While we're at it we should include Matt Harpring for a package deal for some hotter/sluttier Jazz Dancers.

Can we trade David Locke? He gets the weirdest set of facts, from random *** angles and applies them to unrelated situations. While we're at it we should include Matt Harpring for a package deal for some hotter/sluttier Jazz Dancers.

I really wish I could like my own posts, like on FB.

I remember back when so many were down on Burks and wanted to get rid of him. Remember I told you to give him playing time and let him show what he can do.

I remember back when so many were down on Burks and wanted to get rid of him. Remember I told you to give him playing time and let him show what he can do.
Word

He's not Stockton or anything, but he can make any pass, and when in playmaker mode, he's very good at setting up players. The problem is that he doesn't do it enough.

His assist #'s have improved and were pretty solid last season. I credit that to Corbin's rigid structure more than Burks though. He's never stood out as having great floor vision. However, after Corbin put in some serious work with developing his pnr game he impressed me quite a bit in the growth department even if it wasn't anything to write home about.

His assist #'s have improved and were pretty solid last season. I credit that to Corbin's rigid structure more than Burks though. He's never stood out as having great floor vision. However, after Corbin put in some serious work with developing his pnr game he impressed me quite a bit in the growth department even if it wasn't anything to write home about.

Burks was an excellent passer in college fwiw.
Probably because corbin was somehow involved in working with the colorado coaches or something though tbh

I'm excited to see what Burks can do with extended time on the floor, a system that plays to his strengths and a coach that knows how to teach and develop him as a professional. He has some legitimate skills that could become elite IF he's used properly and he's actually given a chance to succeed. I'm expecting a pretty big jump from all of the young players under Quin Snyder.

Burks was an excellent passer in college fwiw.
Probably because corbin was somehow involved in working with the colorado coaches or something though tbh

I never saw him play in college. Did you? There was never any video to go off of. I'd love to see some CO video of him if you have it.