What's new

Annual Black and Purple Thread

That Giants comeback last night was pretty cool. RBI triple on the last out, 2 strikes bottom of the 9th to tie... then a 2 run HR from Sandoval who was sick and got IV's before the game... better not have been steroid IV's. Either way, was pretty cool.

Even though their pitching has been getting lit up, luckily their offense is close to top in MLB right now.

That was a pretty swing by the Panda, but credit to Blanco for getting the RBI that got them into the 10th.

Giants go 10 innings with the Nats again, this time losing.

In other SF sports news, Michael Crabtree tore his achilles tendon. Bad news for the Niners.

I agree. But I think the Rockies are proving they aren't SF's bitch anymore.
The Giants' starting pitching has been inconsistent and at times, downright awful. I'm confident Cain will come around and Bumgarner is solid. But Lincecum and Zito are below average and Vogelsong was simply returning to his norm after a couple of unbelievable seasons. SF is very vulnerable. I think AZ or Colorado have an excellent chance of winning the division.

I'd like to see the Giants give Gaudin a start or two while Vogey is on the DL. I think he could be an effective starter. I've liked what I've seen from him so far.

Can anyone make a case against Tulo being the NL frontrunner MVP at this point (outside how stupid hard it is for a pitcher to get it..)? Ya, ya, it's way too early. But damn those are some impressive stats.

I'm not buying Coors Field on this one because he has even HR, 1 more ribi, and 2 more doubles away.

And he's [finally] clutch with base runners.

But he'll Tulo his streakiness.