What's new

Annual Black and Purple Thread

The Rockies have a tough series to close out the season. The Dodgers are on fire right now.

I averaged ERA for the top 4 starting pitchers from COL and LAD, without weighting for # of starts, and they're 3.347 and 3.283 respectively. I'm surprised the Rockies quietly put together a competent group of starters. Now if we could just get the bullpen back to Dodger's level... and add a Fife fifth rotation spot.

The Dodgers' bullpen was a reason they were spiraling until Puig saved them. Replacing League as the closer is Mattingly's best move so far. League was a disaster as a closer. Jansen is no sure thing but he's been effective.

Kinda funny how you can rack up saves by blowing big leads but still getting that last out. I can tell from League's stat line that he made you bite your nails a lot.

Back in 2009, the Rockies announcers went on and on about how Huston Street was the best closer in the game because his saves led the league all season, even though he was giving up tons of hits and getting lucky over and over on that last out with 2-3 men on. Then the playoffs came and Jim Tracy did nothing as he pitched the Rockies out of the last two games. Those were two happy days when the Rockies traded Street and fired Tracy.

You might relate to the Tracy hate.

dodgersrumors.com_-300x300.jpeg

https://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_23760648/brian-wilson-rejects-san-francisco-giants-los-angeles

*snicker*