Any interest in Dragan Bender next summer?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
Sheesh we could have got Niko easily last season now we're talking about max contract?

Maybe... he will have to show some consistency... he's been hot like this before.

He's right in that tier of player that gets overpaid in a player friendly market... which next year will be.

Saint Cy of JFC

With Bender its a minimum deal... probably one year deal with team option on second year.

The list is okay. I will say that we won't bring a Morris twin in. On court I think the games would fit (marcus more than Markieff) but the organization won't bring on their other headaches... they just won't. Winslow already extended.

Free agent targets for the Jazz will be as follows:

-Middleton - #1 target. Two way player who can shoot and score in iso. Can play the four or wing. Will get a max contract so 4/135M... steep price but I think he's worth it.
-Niko or Harris - Both guys get max or damn close if healthy. I'm not sure which I'd prefer. Niko seems to be the better shooter, but Harris has a more diverse offensive game. Harris is kind of lost on defense at times. Niko is not a world beater on that end, but not stiff and has length.
- Kemba - he might be higher than the other guys, but I'm not sure he will consider us. Seems like he will stay in Charlotte or head to NY.

After that I think we are looking to take guys into our space. OP Jr. may be a candidate for that if he hasn't moved already. But outside of that it may be just a couple one year rental overpay guys (like Indiana did with Tyreke) and try again the next year.
I really don't think the Jazz would sign Benderr to that. It would probably have to be a 2-way deal because they would want him in the G-League system.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
I really don't think the Jazz would sign Benderr to that. It would probably have to be a 2-way deal because they would want him in the G-League system.

Maybe. i think he could make more than that in Europe. It would be next year so they may have a roster spot to use on him. I like the strategy though... get guys in... learn the system... then on minimum deals they can be decent rotation players. I think Naz is next up this summer.

Eminence

OP Jr, pls

Probably the way I'd most like to see us use our cap space going forward. Wiz appear to be having some tough times, if it continues maybe we can swing something around Favors for Porter.

Bender, ehh, I wouldn't sign him to a real contract, bring him in during the summer sure, but not a real deal.

SCS

At the right price, sure. I think he'd develop well here. He can really shoot it for his size and I think he'd fit in well. But price may be an issue.

Engorged On Unborn Gore

I also fear if Mirotic keeps up a high level of play, he is going to get way overpaid due to contract year phenomenon. I really don't want Mirotic at 25 million a year.

What's the alternative? The blue chips are not going to sign here, whereas the best Euro players are attracted to our franchise because they know they will get touches and be developed.

Mitchell, Gobert, Mirotic, Ingles, Rubio + the Jazz bench could be a top 5 offense. Is Mirotic bad enough to drop us out of the top 10 in defense? No. So we would be top 10 on both ends, and potentially top 5.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
What's the alternative? The blue chips are not going to sign here, whereas the best Euro players are attracted to our franchise because they know they will get touches and be developed.

Mitchell, Gobert, Mirotic, Ingles, Rubio + the Jazz bench could be a top 5 offense. Is Mirotic bad enough to drop us out of the top 10 in defense? No. So we would be top 10 on both ends, and potentially top 5.

What I'd like to see is if Niang can bring 85-90% of what Mirotic would... we could address other areas of need.

How good does the stretch 4 need to be? Would we be better off getting a wing or more dynamic PG? Like maybe it'd be better to have DM, Ingles, OP Jr., Niang, Gobert or Kemba, DM, Ingles, Niang, Gobert

Is Ricky, DM, Ingles, Niko, Rudy that much better than if Niang was the starter? Niang is getting up 8.2 3 pt. attempts per 36 minutes - and shooting an unsustainable 55%. Niko is getting up 8.8 attempts and shooting 41%.

I just think we need to get bigger sample of playing small ball 4s with the starters. Niko might not be necessary.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
As if we have other areas of need.......

We have to go from good to great... tough leap to make. Ricky is good but there may be great options out there. Not just pgs... we could go without a traditional point and add another wing. Ingles is flexible and DM can handle some of the PG duties. Our system doesn’t need the traditional pg.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
Let’s be crystal clear here:

OP Jr >>>> Niko

and they may end up making very similar $$

Washington is toxic... I just hope they wait until after January 15th to move Porter... that is when Favs can be moved and we’d have a decent package to offer.

If I was them I’d be calling Phoenix and Orlando and offering wall... his contract becomes a millstone soon.