What's new

Any interest in Dragan Bender next summer?

meh.. he is like poor mans Jerebko. If just for a minimum, maybe. Otherwise pass.

to me it comes down to price. anything more then say 5 mil is to much.

Tobias Harris - He is my #1 target for next summer. I do not think he is worth a max though and he might be looking for a max contract. Hell give him a max
Nikola Mirotic - He is my #2 target for next summer. Again not worth a max and his defense worries me.
Marcus Morris maybe (he will be 30 years old) - His mid range game is deadly.
Stanley Johnson again for the right price (Might be a decent small ball 4) - Only on a cheap contract. still cant shoot and that worries me
Bojan Bogdanovic - If you are looking for a 2 instead of 1 signing he might be worth a long look but Ingles had his spot pretty tightly sown up
Luc Mbah a Moute - Looking to keep the Jazz defense identity and still be able to bury the 3 ball. Look no further and he might be had cheaply
Justise Winslow (but he is restricted) - tough player to sign but the Celtics offered a lot to try and draft him. He might be worth it
Kris Middleton - Let rubio go move mitchell to the 1 and bring Middleton into play the 2?
Julius Randle - Ok i have a man crush on Randle. He still is not a good 3 point shooter. Ok he is bad but his mid range is good
Darius Miller (Bench player) - Would be a great bench player to back up Ingles. Good defender and an excellent shooter
Mario Hezonja - I think he could play in the small ball 4 situation.
Richaun Holmes - Another bench player if Udoh is let go.
Al-Farouq Aminu - See Moute
Markeiff Morris - Maybe bring the twins back together if they will sign for less?

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse, but flipping a 1st for Niko sounds fantastic in hindsight. Especially if DL could have worked some magic and kept Favors (not likely).

Would have been straight savage.

Not to beat a dead horse, but flipping a 1st for Niko sounds fantastic in hindsight. Especially if DL could have worked some magic and kept Favors (not likely).

Would have been straight savage.
I really don't think MIrotic would be nearly as good in Utah as he is in New Orleans. He has an extreme green light and high usage.

I also fear if Mirotic keeps up a high level of play, he is going to get way overpaid due to contract year phenomenon. I really don't want Mirotic at 25 million a year.

Defense is by far his strong suit.

His problem is low self confidence on the offensive end. He is a guy who needs to go to Europe for some time and work his way back into the league later.

I think his problem is sucking at basketball.

to me it comes down to price. anything more then say 5 mil is to much.

Tobias Harris - He is my #1 target for next summer. I do not think he is worth a max though and he might be looking for a max contract. Hell give him a max
Nikola Mirotic - He is my #2 target for next summer. Again not worth a max and his defense worries me.
Marcus Morris maybe (he will be 30 years old) - His mid range game is deadly.
Stanley Johnson again for the right price (Might be a decent small ball 4) - Only on a cheap contract. still cant shoot and that worries me
Bojan Bogdanovic - If you are looking for a 2 instead of 1 signing he might be worth a long look but Ingles had his spot pretty tightly sown up
Luc Mbah a Moute - Looking to keep the Jazz defense identity and still be able to bury the 3 ball. Look no further and he might be had cheaply
Justise Winslow (but he is restricted) - tough player to sign but the Celtics offered a lot to try and draft him. He might be worth it
Kris Middleton - Let rubio go move mitchell to the 1 and bring Middleton into play the 2?
Julius Randle - Ok i have a man crush on Randle. He still is not a good 3 point shooter. Ok he is bad but his mid range is good
Darius Miller (Bench player) - Would be a great bench player to back up Ingles. Good defender and an excellent shooter
Mario Hezonja - I think he could play in the small ball 4 situation.
Richaun Holmes - Another bench player if Udoh is let go.
Al-Farouq Aminu - See Moute
Markeiff Morris - Maybe bring the twins back together if they will sign for less?

With Bender its a minimum deal... probably one year deal with team option on second year.

The list is okay. I will say that we won't bring a Morris twin in. On court I think the games would fit (marcus more than Markieff) but the organization won't bring on their other headaches... they just won't. Winslow already extended.

Free agent targets for the Jazz will be as follows:

-Middleton - #1 target. Two way player who can shoot and score in iso. Can play the four or wing. Will get a max contract so 4/135M... steep price but I think he's worth it.
-Niko or Harris - Both guys get max or damn close if healthy. I'm not sure which I'd prefer. Niko seems to be the better shooter, but Harris has a more diverse offensive game. Harris is kind of lost on defense at times. Niko is not a world beater on that end, but not stiff and has length.
- Kemba - he might be higher than the other guys, but I'm not sure he will consider us. Seems like he will stay in Charlotte or head to NY.

After that I think we are looking to take guys into our space. OP Jr. may be a candidate for that if he hasn't moved already. But outside of that it may be just a couple one year rental overpay guys (like Indiana did with Tyreke) and try again the next year.

Sheesh we could have got Niko easily last season now we're talking about max contract?

Sheesh we could have got Niko easily last season now we're talking about max contract?

Maybe... he will have to show some consistency... he's been hot like this before.

He's right in that tier of player that gets overpaid in a player friendly market... which next year will be.

With Bender its a minimum deal... probably one year deal with team option on second year.

The list is okay. I will say that we won't bring a Morris twin in. On court I think the games would fit (marcus more than Markieff) but the organization won't bring on their other headaches... they just won't. Winslow already extended.

Free agent targets for the Jazz will be as follows:

-Middleton - #1 target. Two way player who can shoot and score in iso. Can play the four or wing. Will get a max contract so 4/135M... steep price but I think he's worth it.
-Niko or Harris - Both guys get max or damn close if healthy. I'm not sure which I'd prefer. Niko seems to be the better shooter, but Harris has a more diverse offensive game. Harris is kind of lost on defense at times. Niko is not a world beater on that end, but not stiff and has length.
- Kemba - he might be higher than the other guys, but I'm not sure he will consider us. Seems like he will stay in Charlotte or head to NY.

After that I think we are looking to take guys into our space. OP Jr. may be a candidate for that if he hasn't moved already. But outside of that it may be just a couple one year rental overpay guys (like Indiana did with Tyreke) and try again the next year.
I really don't think the Jazz would sign Benderr to that. It would probably have to be a 2-way deal because they would want him in the G-League system.

I really don't think the Jazz would sign Benderr to that. It would probably have to be a 2-way deal because they would want him in the G-League system.

Maybe. i think he could make more than that in Europe. It would be next year so they may have a roster spot to use on him. I like the strategy though... get guys in... learn the system... then on minimum deals they can be decent rotation players. I think Naz is next up this summer.

OP Jr, pls

Probably the way I'd most like to see us use our cap space going forward. Wiz appear to be having some tough times, if it continues maybe we can swing something around Favors for Porter.

Bender, ehh, I wouldn't sign him to a real contract, bring him in during the summer sure, but not a real deal.