What's new

Best Friends Forever

Arnie Ferrin. NCAA MVP with championship for Utah as a Freshman. Won a couple titles with the Lakers back in the day. Shot off one foot like a boss.

There was a decision that it would be a great idea for the NCAA champ to play the NIT champ. So Arnie lead the team to beat St. John's at Madison Square Garden. All with four starting freshmen. They couldn't even practice in their own gym as it was during WWII so their gym was filled with soldiers cots.

Hmm. Maybe Byron Scott or Keith Van Horne. I'm not about to argue that Utah is an NBA talent hot spot, but you can't have everything. I live in Park City. This place is a Winter Olympics talent hot spot.
Wow. Thought you were joking. Never knew Byron Scott was born in Ogden.

He was my favorite player when I was a little kid.

I always liked Bobby Hansen. Always thought he was hard-nosed, and played his game. He came up North and signed autographs when I was a kid. My brother and I were the only ones who showed up for the signing. We got to hang out with him for a good while. The popularity of the game has changed a lot. That would never happen today.

He is a really down to Earth guy. I was sad when we traded him, but that trade indirectly put Horny on our roster, so it worked out in the long run. I am glad Bobby was able to get a ring with the Bulls in 92 with him sparking the beginning of a comeback down 15 points with a 3 pointer and a steal. A great way to end his career.

Man, I miss 90s bball.

I always liked Bobby Hansen. Always thought he was hard-nosed, and played his game. He came up North and signed autographs when I was a kid. My brother and I were the only ones who showed up for the signing. We got to hang out with him for a good while. The popularity of the game has changed a lot. That would never happen today.

He is a really down to Earth guy. I was sad when we traded him, but that trade indirectly put Horny on our roster, so it worked out in the long run. I am glad Bobby was able to get a ring with the Bulls in 92 with him sparking the beginning of a comeback down 15 points with a 3 pointer and a steal. A great way to end his career.

Man, I miss 90s bball.
Bobby Hansen got us Jeff Malone, who got us Jeff Hornacek.

Yeah, I know. Which is why I said indirectly. It took a few years to get Horny, but it was worth it. :)
Lol... totally glossed over the fact that you mentioned Hornacek.

On another note, I'd think Kicky would be paying hush money to make that fluttering eyes shot disappear, not spreading it around himself.

I'm just a little more comfortable with emotional vulnerability than you are. Anytime you want to talk about it, just give me a ring. We'll shoot some hoops and talk about our manly feelings.

You still look like you’re 12! That’s not a bad problem to have.

Alas, I have the hips of an octogenarian.