What's new

Best shows on TV?

Anyone watched a Netflix show called Hellbound? Im wondering if its any good.

Finished Peacemaker. Pretty good show.
I loved the speech at the end by the alien: "Not long after we arrived, we realized the people of earth were on the exact same trajectory as our people had been. Ignoring science in favor of populist leaders who tell you that the floods and the fires and the disease are unrelated to your own actions. Valuing profit over survival, treating minor inconveniences as assaults on your freedom."

Yep, sounds like a lot of people in this country.

Gonna watch the last season of Ozarks now.

I've watched every episode of Young Justice multiple times. Each time I see something new.

Finished Peacemaker. Pretty good show.
I loved the speech at the end by the alien: "Not long after we arrived, we realized the people of earth were on the exact same trajectory as our people had been. Ignoring science in favor of populist leaders who tell you that the floods and the fires and the disease are unrelated to your own actions. Valuing profit over survival, treating minor inconveniences as assaults on your freedom."

Yep, sounds like a lot of people in this country.
Certainly not the best show, but pretty damn funny and a gem. I like James Gunn. Glad he didn't get canceled.

We are getting caught up on "Upload" on amazon. Really interesting thought experiment on the nature of humanity, what makes us people and discussions about the existence of the soul. Very very heavy-handed take on the dangers of technology but it is still very entertaining. The writing is good, the actors are mostly really good, the effects are well-done. 2 seasons so far. No word on a 3rd, afaik.

If you aren't familiar with it, it is about the future of our society where there is a virtual reality where you "upload" your consciousness when you die, so you can continue interacting with the real world and keep "living", depending on how much money you have to spend, of course. And, naturally, people that are against tech like that and believe it is wrong, whether for religious or other reasons. Interesting stuff.

We are getting caught up on "Upload" on amazon. Really interesting thought experiment on the nature of humanity, what makes us people and discussions about the existence of the soul. Very very heavy-handed take on the dangers of technology but it is still very entertaining. The writing is good, the actors are mostly really good, the effects are well-done. 2 seasons so far. No word on a 3rd, afaik.

If you aren't familiar with it, it is about the future of our society where there is a virtual reality where you "upload" your consciousness when you die, so you can continue interacting with the real world and keep "living", depending on how much money you have to spend. And, naturally, people that are against tech like that and believe it is wrong, whether for religious or other reasons. Interesting stuff.
Yeah my wife and I watch that one.

If you aren't familiar with it, it is about the future of our society where there is a virtual reality where you "upload" your consciousness when you die, so you can continue interacting with the real world and keep "living", depending on how much money you have to spend, of course. And, naturally, people that are against tech like that and believe it is wrong, whether for religious or other reasons. Interesting stuff.
I liked that one quite a bit

similar theme to Altered Carbon and Westworld

Gonna check it out. Thanks for sharing.

I'm late to the party but I'm watching Ted Lasso for the first time. halfway through the first season...I'm enjoying it, but it's honestly not as funny as I was expecting based on everything that I've heard about it.