What's new

Best shows on TV?

For justified fans, they are making new episodes. Quentin tarantino is even going to direct a few episodes as he was a big fan of justified.
For my money, Justified might be the best show of all time.

For justified fans, they are making new episodes. Quentin tarantino is even going to direct a few episodes as he was a big fan of justified.
For my money, Justified might be the best show of all time.
I'm a fan. Great dialogue and acting.

I couldn't get into Ozark. Relentlessly bleak, nothing redeeming about any of the characters, too slow paced. Seemed like they were trying for a darker, grittier, and slower version of breaking bad. Just didn't work for me.

Anyone watch Yellowstone or 1883?

I was thinking of starting one of them and was thinking of watching 1883 first. It's a prequel to Yellowstone but maybe it's better to watch them in the order they were made?

Are they any good?

Anyone watch Yellowstone or 1883?

I was thinking of starting one of them and was thinking of watching 1883 first. It's a prequel to Yellowstone but maybe it's better to watch them in the order they were made?

Are they any good?
Both are good. I thought 1883 and seasons 1 through 3 of Yellowstone were excellent. I thought season 4 of Yellowstone was a mess and not as good as the first 3 seasons. I don't think it matters if you watch 1883 first or Yellowstone first.

We have gotten into "In the Dark", on Netflix. It is about a blind girl who gets involved with organized crime in a bad way. First 2 seasons were great, 3rd season is ok so far. Does a good job of depicting the fear that can come with losing your eyesight, let alone getting involved with a gang of drug runners.

Resident Alien on Hulu is good stupid fun. The main actor does a good job portraying, you know, an alien. Definitely not high cinema but the show is pretty well done and fun to watch. Recommended for a rainy Saturday afternoon or something.

Is anyone else watching Snowpiercer? I love all the main cast, but this last season is just... meh. Character goals are constantly shifting for no reason other that the need to try to keep things interesting, this last episode was a complete waste.

I enjoyed Russian Doll, but do not see the purpose in a 2nd season (besides making money, of course).
I could see it if they went with another character, but Natasha Lyonne really sold that show, so she will definitely be back, which will kind of blunt the impact of it.

Resident Alien on Hulu is good stupid fun. The main actor does a good job portraying, you know, an alien. Definitely not high cinema but the show is pretty well done and fun to watch. Recommended for a rainy Saturday afternoon or something.
Yeah, I have liked this show. Its pretty well written and the acting from the main guy is pretty solid as usual.

Jack Reacher was hot garbage. I can't believe the ratings and that's the only reason I watched it.

Peacemaker is great.
Ozark.
Mystery at Blind Frog Rancher (I'm a sucker for those shows.)
Peacemaker was really awesome. I was surprised how good it was. All of the characters are solid and enough surprises and laughs to be worth watching. I like that James Gunn wrote it while in quarantine and thought it would be fun and the network gave him complete control to do whatever he wants. More networks need to do this especially for established people. Too often stuff from people like James Gunn end up being garbage because of too much interference.

Jack Reacher was okay. Its really cheesy but that is what I expected. I think its supposed to be a bad *** guy that can do anything and is smarter, stronger, and better than everyone. People really like that type of thing. I think it was fine to watch but nothing great. I would probably watch season 2 if I didnt have much else to watch like these days.

Jack Reacher was okay. Its really cheesy but that is what I expected. I think its supposed to be a bad *** guy that can do anything and is smarter, stronger, and better than everyone. People really like that type of thing. I think it was fine to watch but nothing great. I would probably watch season 2 if I didnt have much else to watch like these days.
I haven't read the books, so I don't know how faithful it is, but it surprised me that he's played basically as tho he's on the autism spectrum.

Peacemaker was really awesome. I was surprised how good it was. All of the characters are solid and enough surprises and laughs to be worth watching. I like that James Gunn wrote it while in quarantine and thought it would be fun and the network gave him complete control to do whatever he wants. More networks need to do this especially for established people. Too often stuff from people like James Gunn end up being garbage because of too much interference.

Im going to start Peacemaker tonight.

I haven't read the books, so I don't know how faithful it is, but it surprised me that he's played basically as tho he's on the autism spectrum.
Hmm, I could see that as a take away from his personality. I personally didnt take it that way. I didnt read the books either and dont really have any interest in them. He reads people very well in the show, he just seems not to care or is just more interested in doing things his way. Obviously he is the typical tough guy who doesnt let people in or show emotions unless its the right moment. All the cheesy parts of it.

This Louis CK scene is so damn funny. Haha

There were a bunch of scenes that had me laughing pretty hard. John Cena was way better and more funny than I imagined. Vigilante though, stole the show.

I'm surprised by how many people haven't even heard of it cause it's that damn good and funny.