What's new

Black Kid Shot in Gated Neighboorhood

Wait, were you actually expecting a serious response to that idiotic drivel you posted? Seriously?

I have noted no relationship in the past between what you consider the quality of a post and the seriousness of your response.

There are few things in this life that make me giggle more than being called a racist. This is like saying Carrot Top is one of the greatest comedians of all time, or John Stockton was a terrible passer.

I can't change your ignorance at your own reactions. Only you can do that. I can say that your reaction to that article was that of a racist.

Seriously, TaintBrow, just WTF are you trying to prove here? Do I need to give you a call at your school office to discuss how you handle yourself on the innerwebz? I know people who know people; I will find you.

Just make sure you don't call up some random philosophy professor by mistake (I don't even teach philosophy).

I originally started defending Zimmerman based on people saying it was a hate crime, I didn't think it was a hate crime, it may have been a crime, but I doubt it was a hate crime. It seems everyone has moved on past the whole hate crime thing and are now arguing whether it was simply a crime. It is not illegal to follow someone through a neighborhood, it is not illegal to defend yourself from a threat (both trayvon and zimmerman both felt threatened I'm sure), it's not illegal to use deadly force if you feel your life is at risk. So now I'm still leaning towards it being self defense, albeit Zimmerman probably jumped the gun (pun intended) on using deadly force, he can still claim self defense and be found innocent.

I still wonder what the reaction will be if Zimmerman is found innocent.

You know what would have been nice to see from some of our resident I'm-not-a-racists? Some support for Marissa Alexander before I brought the topic up.

You know what would have been nice to see from some of our resident I'm-not-a-racists? Some support for Marissa Alexander before I brought the topic up.

Get over that ******** racist crap. It is the defense of a weak mind. We both know you do not have a weak mind so abandon that idiotic defense.

As for Marissa Alexander I have never heard of her or her case. Details?

I'm not party to this thread, really, but it sounds like you just pretty much called the board racists.

I'm not party to this thread, really, but it sounds like you just pretty much called the board racists.

Pretty much. He can always play the "if you are not a racist it wasn't meant for you card" but yes he called us racists. Weak, pathetic defense that frankly is beneath One Brow or at least should be.

Get over that ******** racist crap. It is the defense of a weak mind.

Reality is never the efense of a weak mind.

As for Marissa Alexander I have never heard of her or her case. Details?

Summary: black woman from Florida, was being attacked by an abusive husband, fired a warning shot which hit no one, denied Stand-Your-Ground status, going to prison for 20 years.

Pretty much. He can always play the "if you are not a racist it wasn't meant for you card" but yes he called us racists. Weak, pathetic defense that frankly is beneath One Brow or at least should be.

He's gotten in the habit of doing it.

Hey One Brow, your race card is all worn out, you're going to have to replace it.

Reality is never the efense of a weak mind.

Summary: black woman from Florida, was being attacked by an abusive husband, fired a warning shot which hit no one, denied Stand-Your-Ground status, going to prison for 20 years.

If she feared for her life she shouldn't have fired a "warning shot." In this instance it didn't hurt anyone, but the best way to be sure innocent people aren't hurt is to fire directly at the center mass of the person threatening you. She showed that she has no knowledge of the proper use of firearms and she created a deadly situation for other innocent people in the vicinity.

Firing a warning shot demonstrated that she didn't feel that she was in imminent danger. She made the case against herself. It's the same thing if you carefully aim at the thigh or arm. If you had the time and ability to do that then you most likely were not in imminent danger.

In the military "warning shots" were always strictly forbidden any time I carried a firearm.

That's a curious interpretation.

No it isn't.

As for that case. 20 years? That seems extremely severe. There must be more to the story. I am not willing to take sides based off the words of a man that uses racism as a defense for everything.

It has been my experience in life that the one calling everyone racist is usually the one with that problem.

No it isn't.

As for that case. 20 years? That seems extremely severe. There must be more to the story. I am not willing to take sides based off the words of a man that uses racism as a defense for everything.

It has been my experience in life that the one calling everyone racist is usually the one with that problem.

I was curious myself, so I googled her name, clicked on the first link and read an article about her case and the law and it seems One Brow is correct and that the law is absolutely ****ing retarded.

I was curious myself, so I googled her name, clicked on the first link and read an article about her case and the law and it seems One Brow is correct and that the law is absolutely ****ing retarded.

If that is the case then it is retarded and she should not be in jail.

She is a victim of mandatory sentencing. Florida has a mandatory 10-20-Life law that requires specific sentences for certain crimes committed with a gun.

Let's get rid of mandatory sentencing and stop calling people racists.

She is a victim of mandatory sentencing. Florida has a mandatory 10-20-Life law that requires specific sentences for certain crimes committed with a gun.

In this case the mandatory sentencing is indeed idiotic. However there are certain crimes that I believe warrant a mandatory minimum sentence. Such as murder, rape, child kidnapping...hard crimes.

Hey One Brow, your race card is all worn out, you're going to have to replace it.

Things are what they are.

Firing a warning shot demonstrated that she didn't feel that she was in imminent danger. She made the case against herself. It's the same thing if you carefully aim at the thigh or arm. If you had the time and ability to do that then you most likely were not in imminent danger.

It's quite obvious you didn't read the details of the case. Feel free to proclaim racism played no part in that. You probably even believe it.

... based off the words of a man that uses racism as a defense for everything.

I don't recall having defened anything with racism, just pointing it out. What do you think I am defending?

You mean, the people who are affected by a problem are more likely to point the problem out? Duh.

There is also racism is in being denied Stand-Your-Ground status, and immediately arrested, despite being apparently less culpable than Zimmerman.

In this case the mandatory sentencing is indeed idiotic. However there are certain crimes that I believe warrant a mandatory minimum sentence. Such as murder, rape, child kidnapping...hard crimes.

You don't need a mandatory sentence to get the sentencing right. You need good sentencing guidelines and judges who follow them. Mandatory sentencing is horrible in every way in my opinion. They have led to countless tragedies like this and haven't done damn thing about crime.