What's new

Bold Prediction: Alec Burks WILL have a huge breakout year.

He attempted zero threes in 67 minutes so far in the pre-season. I was expecting him to work on his jumpshot and FT% this summer, looks like he did not. It's early so I still think he can emerge as a star player this year if he improves his 3P and FT shooting.

Yeah, his unwillingness to look for the deep ball will hold him back from reaching his full potential.

Yeah, his unwillingness to look for the deep ball will hold him back from reaching his full potential.

He definitely needs to improve his shooting doe. I don't blame the dude for wanting to get to the line or try for a layup/mid-range jumper when he shoots 50-60% vs mid 30's from 3. He's just not going be able to take it where he wants unless he extends his game.

He attempted zero threes in 67 minutes so far in the pre-season. I was expecting him to work on his jumpshot and FT% this summer, looks like he did not. It's early so I still think he can emerge as a star player this year if he improves his 3P and FT shooting.

Ya if only d-wade could have developed a three point shot he might have ended up being a good player.

Y'all know I love this boy....

I freakin stood tall when he started like **** last year and a bunch of you tossed him out with the bath water.

I'm getting hungry UGLI!!!

Good for you. We should all be homerish drones.

Dat demar derozan 30% three point shooter = all star doe.

It would be nice if Burks shoots and makes alot of threes.

But if he doesn't shoot alot of threes, but keeps shooting about 35% from three..... while being a fantastic driver, finisher, and foul drawer then he can still be an all star level player.

The Utah Homerish Drones. Not bad. It's way better than the Franklin Park Sore Losers.

Word

Burks sucks
dick "herpes" haywad
Kwame kanter
favors cant defend the post.

Classics

The Utah Homerish Drones. Not bad. It's way better than the Franklin Park Sore Losers.

What do I have to be sore about? I've been spot on in calling Burks' progress. These two homers (Zulu and FOJ) have made spastic calls of success, and are now claiming victory because he's caught up to 50% the potential they've claimed he would have since his rookie campaign? If you shout things loud enough and long enough you'll probably eventually be right.

BTW, I don't need to be "right", I don't care. And I'm sure Zulu is just having the typical fun with this.

Word

Burks sucks
dick "herpes" haywad
Kwame kanter
favors cant defend the post.

Classics

Now that they're all veterans we'll see you and the rest of the forum flip out when they get burn over young, unproven players like Rudy Gobert. The more things change here the more they stay the same.

What do I have to be sore about? I've been spot on in calling Burks' progress. These two homers (Zulu and FOJ) have made spastic calls of success, and are now claiming victory because he's caught up to 50% the potential they've claimed he would have since his rookie campaign? If you shout things loud enough and long enough you'll probably eventually be right.

BTW, I don't need to be "right", I don't care. And I'm sure Zulu is just having the typical fun with this.
The quotes Zulu posted sure made it sound like you believed Burks wasn't even worth developing. If you were being honest you could simply say, "Hmm. I guess I was wrong." Instead you fling insults at those who appear to have gotten it right. That's what I call a sore loser.

The quotes Zulu posted sure made it sound like you believed Burks wasn't even worth developing. If you were being honest you could simply say, "Hmm. I guess I was wrong." Instead you fling insults at those who appear to have gotten it right. That's what I call a sore loser.

You want to cherry pick a reaction after one game where Burks was being a complete ****up on top of a few weeks of ****ups? Tool.

tools.png