What's new

Boozer who?

It's like Buzz Killington trying to talk basketball.

I had to look that up. 'Family Guy'? You watch and reference 'Family Guy'...

Well, I think we have a baseline for many posters in this thread, if not this site.

The oxymoronic nature of Bourgeoisie Pride. It's not about living up to a standard, it's about not meeting one, and somehow feeling superior because of it. I guess I know how we went from Julia Child to Rachel Ray now -- the WalMart aesthetic and lifestyle.

OMG! A gay slur!

Where's sirkicky?

*crickets*

Like many of the posters that you deign beneath you, it's clear you're posting this solely because you are upset that you received an infraction for a personal attack in this thread.

ln the process, you've made the exact same mistake as the mere commoners in assuming that the post you've quoted is not presently up for review and/or that you know what my personal vote was.

Like many of the posters that you deign beneath you,

I also breathe, eat, defecate and screw. How common.

As far as deigning people beneath me, note that this works both ways: i.e. one personal attack after another because 'Family Guy' viewers find my grammar offensively arcane.

But then, I would think the self-proclaimed biggest ego on the board would have more sympathy in general. Or are we talking megalomania here?

it's clear you're posting this solely because you are upset that you received an infraction for a personal attack in this thread.

Analysis! Was I hiding that?

Also, to be technical, it wasn't this thread.

ln the process, you've made the exact same mistake as the mere commoners in assuming that the post you've quoted is not presently up for review and/or that you know what my personal vote was.

Well, I personified it because that's how the message was sent.

Though, I rather doubt that you didn't vote for me to receive the infraction, so...

As far as voting, period, just another example of how democracy leads to demagoguery, and angry mobs with torches.

As addendum, an infraction is either taking place or it isn't. If it takes a vote to decide, then the standards are so vague as to be worthless in the first place, beyond the need or want to punish some while allowing others a pass for the same, or worse, conduct.

All the talk about gay slurs, and the guy posting them gets off (no pun, please); note that I've said nothing directly negative about gays, yet I receive the infraction.

How ironic that votes are the standard, and once again gays get the...well, I'm sure that would be an infraction. For me.

Last edited:
I also breathe, eat, defecate and screw. How common.

As far as deigning people beneath me, note that this works both ways: i.e. one personal attack after another because 'Family Guy' viewers find my grammar offensively arcane.

But then, I would think the self-proclaimed biggest ego on the board would have more sympathy in general. Or are we talking megalomania here?

Analysis! Was I hiding that?

Also, to be technical, it wasn't this thread.

Well, I personified it because that's how the message was sent.

Though, I rather doubt that you didn't vote for me to receive the infraction, so...

As far as voting, period, just another example of how democracy leads to demagoguery, and angry mobs with torches.

As addendum, an infraction is either taking place or it isn't. If it takes a vote to decide, then the standards are so vague as to be worthless in the first place, beyond the need or want to punish some while allowing others a pass for the same, or worse, conduct.

All the talk about gay slurs, and the guy posting them gets off (no pun, please); note that I've said nothing directly negative about gays, yet I receive the infraction.

How ironic that votes are the standard, and once again gays get the...well, I'm sure that would be an infraction. For me.

Best poster on the board.

The oxymoronic nature of Bourgeoisie Pride. It's not about living up to a standard, it's about not meeting one, and somehow feeling superior because of it. I guess I know how we went from Julia Child to Rachel Ray now -- the WalMart aesthetic and lifestyle.

We all determine our standards arbitrarily, and then moany of us cast aspersions toward those who do not meet those standards. Julia Child was an expression of her popular culture, Rachel Ray is an expression of ours. Still, those are hardly fair comparisons. We have an entire network devoted to food shows, and it would seem Emeril Lagasse is a much better modern comparison to Julia child. Meanwhile, Rachel Ray has taken over the roles of Hopper and Parsons.

It's so easy, and so shallow, to sneer at the standards of others and rely on the nostalgia effect to illuminate the great fall that must have occurred from the Time Everyone Thought Like Me to the modern day.

Getting back to the topic, it sounds like Jefferson is was getting more with the program on Sunday, but I don't think we'll see a real test for that until we play Orlando (or maybe Miami).

Sumtimes I git to thinkin that they aint nuthin on this here board sept for pusillanimous pussyfooters, nattering nabobs of negativism, and hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history. Nuthin mo than an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals. Where's Tricky Dick when ya need his *** to set sum standards, I ax ya?

All reported posts receive a vote. It takes three moderators voting in favor to issue an infraction.

I suggest you lose your attitude.

All reported posts receive a vote. It takes three moderators voting in favor to issue an infraction.

I suggest you lose your attitude.

Come on Colton, that last post was hilarious. Please don't kill this manifestation over attitude. I'll be the first to call this version an irate, grating *******, but please don't stop the show over it being it. Besides, I'm pretty sure most suspect it to be a multiple personality (a lot of board knowledge for a person with 58 posts, all over 3-4 days). Booting this incarnation isn't booting anything. Let the show go on!

All the talk about gay slurs, and the guy posting them gets off (no pun, please);

I mentioned before that this is an assumption on your part. I will confirm for you now that the post in question is still up for a vote. Claiming that he has gotten off is premature.

note that I've said nothing directly negative about gays, yet I receive the infraction.

Which would be relevant if you had received an infraction for homophobic comments.

But you didn't.

So it's not.

Well, I think we have a baseline for many posters in this thread, if not this site.

The 'Utah Jazz'? You watch and reference the 'Utah Jazz'...

We also have a moran with a dictionary that will jump to conclusions and bore the rest of us with them while trying to get noticed on a sports forum because things aren't going very well for him otherwise.

haha pretty rough, but pretty funny