What's new

Breaking Bad (thread will have *spoilers*)

I have to say, I liked The Wire better. Way better ;)
But it was okay, even though predictable.

Haven't seen the Wire yet, but I've only heard good things.

I liked the ending of BB.
Walts smile as the life drained out of him.
He found some peace in the madness. His back was against the wall, and he took extreme measures. As he said "I did it for me, I liked it, I was good at it".

You will remember his name.

I have to say, I liked The Wire better. Way better ;)
But it was okay, even though predictable.

Imo the wire had some amazing! Seasons and a couple of very meh seasons

i dont get it why do you compare it to dexter? because they ended the same year.

breaking bad is on another level compared to dex

That's one of the reasons. Both had series finales very recently. I will not argue that BB wasn't always a better show. I believe it was. Dexter went on longer than it should have. That still doesn't mean they couldn't have ended it better.

I am having trouble making it through the 1st season and the 4th episode. So far it is very boring for me.

I loved the first season btw.

There is a season about newspaper workers that I didn't like.
And a season about dock workers that was ok but not up to the standard of the other seasons

Any season with lots of mcnulty, barksdales, omar, marlo, bodie are the best.
I like the season about the high school kids a lot too.

But the best seasons are the one with the drug dealers on streers and the cops trying to police them.

"Who got those WMD's!"

The Wire was great, but as was mentioned, not all seasons were created equally. When they were on the streets going against Bardsdale, Stringer, Marlo, etc., it was amazing. When they were on the docks, the school, and the newspaper office, it was still good but hardly as gripping.

Each series had a great line that is almost interchangeable: "Say My Name" and "My Name Is My Name".

I loved the first season btw.

There is a season about newspaper workers that I didn't like.
And a season about dock workers that was ok but not up to the standard of the other seasons

Any season with lots of mcnulty, barksdales, omar, marlo, bodie are the best.
I like the season about the high school kids a lot too.

But the best seasons are the one with the drug dealers on streers and the cops trying to police them.

"Who got those WMD's!"

I am not sure what it is. I just can't get into it so far. I watch 10 minutes and get bored and then decide to watch more at some later date.

I am not sure what it is. I just can't get into it so far. I watch 10 minutes and get bored and then decide to watch more at some later date.

Not everybody likes it.

Have you got to see omar yet? He is my favorite character on the show.... "hey now".....

Did anyone watch "SouthLAnd"? I watched the series thanks to Netflix and thought it was pretty damn good.

Havent tried Southland but I enjoy Homeland.

Sent from my HTC One using JazzFanz mobile app

The Wire was great, but as was mentioned, not all seasons were created equally. When they were on the streets going against Bardsdale, Stringer, Marlo, etc., it was amazing. When they were on the docks, the school, and the newspaper office, it was still good but hardly as gripping.

I disagree because I think that's what makes The Wire the most important show ever created. It was an examination of politics, crime, and bureaucracy in those different areas. The school season was my favorite.

Havent tried Southland but I enjoy Homeland.

Sent from my HTC One using JazzFanz mobile app

Ye, new season started yesterday. Thought it was a great start. It's like 24, just with good actors and a story ;)

Haven't seen the Wire yet, but I've only heard good things.

I liked the ending of BB.
Walts smile as the life drained out of him.
He found some peace in the madness. His back was against the wall, and he took extreme measures. As he said "I did it for me, I liked it, I was good at it".

You will remember his name.

Ye. I kinda liked his moment of honesty. Where he showed his pride. I wish I did that in my youth when my mom was telling me to stop playing video games or watch basketball.
"Hey mom, I do this because I'm good at it. And I like it!"

What I really think was great about The Wire was that there were lots of concurring stories that were linked to each other at certain points. Each season had another set of character that had an awesome story they found themselves in. The hispanic policewoman and the homeless junky. Those two were super awesome.
While with Breaking Bad I found the first and the last season great. The rest was kinda mediocre. Inconsistent story, too much flip-flopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n4zRe_wvJw8#t=28

Phone's ringing, Todd.

That's one of the reasons. Both had series finales very recently. I will not argue that BB wasn't always a better show. I believe it was. Dexter went on longer than it should have. That still doesn't mean they couldn't have ended it better.

i seriously cant fathom why people compare it with dexter.
other than tod and dextrer suffering from the same "sickness" there are no similiarites.
wire and sopranos on the other hand are comparable

i seriously cant fathom why people compare it with dexter.
other than tod and dextrer suffering from the same "sickness" there are no similiarites.
wire and sopranos on the other hand are comparable

He's only comparing it because they were both long running shows that ended at the same time and generated discussion. Other than that, nothing. No reason to dwell on some deeper explanation that isn't there. I even said that I was hoping it would go out with a bang rather than a whimper, like Dexter did. Didn't mean that I put them on the same level, just that they both ended within a week of each other.

I disagree because I think that's what makes The Wire the most important show ever created. It was an examination of politics, crime, and bureaucracy in those different areas. The school season was my favorite.
agreed wire is like a documentary with actors(and some comic relief) mixed in with fiction.
wire isnt rooted in reality much

An excellent ending to an excellent show. This was so much better than the way they ended Dexter.

This in spades. Dexter finale was pure crap, and compared to this is was worse than crap.

Fantastic ending to what may have been the best TV show ever aired. Professional to the end, always staying in the framework of the story. Wonderful tight writing. Couldn't ask for more. I didn't even want a 6th season as I didn't want them to jump the shark the way Dexter did after season 4.

Goodbye Walt. You're cooking meth in heaven now.

Each series had a great line that is almost interchangeable: "Say My Name" and "My Name Is My Name".

I'm of the opinion that the Wire is the most overrated show in this era of television.

The first season is merely a season long procedural. There's not that much that differentiates it from something like the first season of The Killing (I understand I just committed heresy, but if we're just comparing first season to first season I think this statement is accurate). Procedurals are prevalent throughout television. They have so many beats that are essentially pre-proscribed and such a high floor that I'm just not that impressed by them.

Seasons Three and Four are truly excellent. Everything that's been written about the show in glowing terms is true, but only about those two seasons. Other seasons have their moments, but I think the Wire really coasts on rep more than anything. It's not even in the same league as Breaking Bad or the Sopranos.