What's new

Brooklyn, Milwaukee & Denver interested in Millsap

Jennings takes us nowhere, wouldnt fit in personaity wise, and would block Burks even more.

Great! Sign me up!

Personality wise? What does that even mean? Because he is black and has a lot of tats? He and Hayward are both gaming nerds apparently (they both did something for COD together), so they seem to have similar hobbies at least.

Jennings has always been on a bad team, and has always been on extremely offensively limited teams. Give him some talent who can also score, and maybe he would become less selfish. I think it's a risk that can be made with little consequence. It doesn't work out, don't re-sign him.

I don't often agree with Cy, but I agree with this.

Jennings was a much better player when he was playing off Bogut. Earlier in his career he was quoted as saying he loves passing it down low for Bogut to go to work. With the bigs that we have - he can do that. Then he can focus more on hitting the occasional 3's and driving to the basket to get AND 1's.

If we can get him by trading Millsap then that's a pretty good deal IMO. Provided that we can extend him at the market rate then there's nothing to lose.

I kind of agree. I'm a little wary of trading for a guy like Jennings, but I also firmly believe he would only cost around 7-8 million a year to extend and he could be a real bargain at that price.

trade sapman for whatver the best u can get bros. he's gonna leave for nothing in a few months anyway. no need to re-sign him. KOC be ware.

I'm against trading Millsap because it more or less guarantees the return of Al next year. If we resign Al then he's our starting center for the next 4 years. Say no to trading Paul.

I also don't understand the enamoration with Jennings. Is it because he scores lots of points? Most of the time he's shooting sub-40%. Sounds promising.

I'm against trading Millsap because it more or less guarantees the return of Al next year. If we resign Al then he's our starting center for the next 4 years. Say no to trading Paul.

I also don't understand the enamoration with Jennings. Is it because he scores lots of points? Most of the time he's shooting sub-40%. Sounds promising.

We're not saying he's the best or the greatest.

Obviously the list of available PG that we can realistically trade for or sign through FA is pretty slim. Rondo or Bledsoe would be our best option followed by the young PG Harrion coming up in the '14 draft.

However, if we can't get those guys, then obviously we have to look at other options and all we're saying is Jennings could be one of those options, along with picking up a PG in the '13 draft which is not a great crop by any stretch of the imagination.

Obviously the list of available PG that we can realistically trade for or sign through FA is pretty slim. Rondo or Bledsoe would be our best option followed by the young PG Harrion coming up in the '14 draft.

However, if we can't get those guys, then obviously we have to look at other options and all we're saying is Jennings could be one of those options, along with picking up a PG in the '13 draft which is not a great crop by any stretch of the imagination.

If that's the case then why not just retain Williams? I think going out and getting a bad option just because we 'need a PG' is a lot like holding on to Al because 'we need an offensive anchor' or dating someone because 'I need a girlfriend'.

The Bledsoe love is laughable. Guy would make a good 6th man, but is far from our answer at PG. I wouldn't mind him, but there are better options and fits for the team.

Also, this "PG Drought" that has been pushed by PKM is laughable. There will be good PGs coming out, we just have to find and get them. Did anyone think Vasquez was going to become a starting PG, arguably top 10 PG? No, but he is. There will be players who will be underrated and develop, we just have to get them.

If that's the case then why not just retain Williams? I think going out and getting a bad option just because we 'need a PG' is a lot like holding on to Al because 'we need an offensive anchor' or dating someone because 'I need a girlfriend'.

Williams would be asking for a swansong 4-year contract, around 7-8m per?

Jennings is young enough, so even if it doesn't work out, we can just pass him off to some other teams... no big deal.

trade sapman for whatver the best u can get bros. he's gonna leave for nothing in a few months anyway. no need to re-sign him. KOC be ware.

I love how people jump to conclusions. There is no reason to believe sap is leaving. I think he would stay for less than market value. He's a star here why go somewhere a be just another player

https://www.foxsportsohio.com/01/20...r/msn_landing.html?blockID=852099&feedID=8888

Not sure why we would even consider trading him to Denver....... But who knows

There is nothing the Nets have that we even want. Would have to be a 3 team trade.

Milwaukee would most likely have to be a 3 team trade also. One thing that is interesting is the Bucks +/- statistics. Only Dunleavy, Ilyasova, Udrih & Lamb are in the Plus section. Kind of weird for a team around .500 Everyone else hurts the team.
https://www.nba.com/statistics/plusminus/plusminus_sort.jsp?pcomb=1&season=22012&split=9&team=Bucks

In the beginning of the year I was looking at teams w/ PF needs & I thought DEN , PHI (w/ Bynum), CHA, & HOU...

Millsap/Marvin for Iggy/Randolph?
https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfbsjyu

Iggy plays his natural SF & allows Ty to play either Foye/Burks with both Hayward & Iggy!
The only issue here is that I dunno who Karl would play at the 2...

The Bledsoe love is laughable. Guy would make a good 6th man, but is far from our answer at PG. I wouldn't mind him, but there are better options and fits for the team.

Also, this "PG Drought" that has been pushed by PKM is laughable. There will be good PGs coming out, we just have to find and get them. Did anyone think Vasquez was going to become a starting PG, arguably top 10 PG? No, but he is. There will be players who will be underrated and develop, we just have to get them.

I can't believe you're taking this position after the fact. I predicted it, it came, and you're challenging it based on 'hoping' to find a diamond in the rough?
There's no question, at all, that the NBA has seen a major lack of elite PG prospects coming into the league over the past several years, compared to the norm.

I guess if I has to make a trade milwaukee is the team I would trade with. I would look at illyosava and Brandon Jennings or beno udrih for millsap and Watson or bell. (try to pry doron lamb away also)

Illyosava's contract isn't great, 4years, but I like his play. Is a 3/4 that can really stretch the floor. Kind or redundant to Marvin but with more scoring and less defense. One can slide over and take minutes at the 4 as back up. Jennings or udrih are tryouts to see if the will fit if not let them walk.

Jennings, Williams, tinsley or Williams, Jennings, tinsley
Foye (regretably), burks, lamb (I hope)
Illyosava, Hayward
Favors, Williams, Evans
Jefferson, kanter

Milwaukee gets out from illyosava's contract and gets the rights to millsap. They would probably want a draft pick also and I would give them the worse of the 2 next year. Milwaukee would be players again in the offseason for talent.

This makes a lot of sense if the jazz like either Jennings or illyosava.

Millsap better be worth more than a couple of months of Jennings auditioning for a new team. But, yeah, we've Long Conned this **** for so long, so who knows.

I like Gallo.