What's new

China's social credit system

Seriously?

You traveled to his cabin in Montana?
it was while I was preparing to move to Germany and I was living in Reno. Babe and his family were driving through heading to California. We meet for lunch and had a nice chat. He has a quiet demeanor in person and a beautiful family. It was a good visit. Would do it again.

it was while I was preparing to move to Germany and I was living in Reno. Babe and his family were driving through heading to California. We meet for lunch and had a nice chat. He has a quiet demeanor in person and a beautiful family. It was a good visit. Would do it again.

Was his missus hot? Please advise.

You traveled to his cabin in Montana?

I sorta hate the cold. Wouldn't dream of living in Montana. Going there in the summertime, yes.

I have often referred to my cave, well caves. I think Aristotle's Cave is the one. Imaginary. Easy to get there, no need to shoot deer or rabbits or eat rats. Always warm in the winter, cool in the summer. I love to imagine I'm there with some damn ignoramus clawing their way up the talus trail to try to learn something unfathomable from my midnight musings.

You're welcome to come visit.

There's an easy trail, that begins with your computer......

My book will be about Mormonism, a historically based fantasy, sub-titled American Dreamers.

I intend it to be readable, and faith-promoting.

Did you know, for example, that when I was in the Philippines, in 1970 plus or minus, there was a political faction in favor of Philippine Statehood USA. We could have had another 8 states at least, and most of them Democrats. Before I went on my mission, I had some dreams, fantastic dreams. With some really bad scenes, which made the idea of going on a mission a pretty dicey vision. Good and Bad are never very far apart, the the more good in any time or place, the more evil there will be also.

I suppose a band of cannibals stewing a pith-helmeted explorer might look like a bad day in the jungle, but not to the hungry clan. Do we know what is good, or evil. Really.

Look at this forum. A bright-eyed band of patriots out to do in the Orange Man Bad before he fires any Civil Service Employees let alone any SES officials, who all know what is good, of course. They write reports, they publish books, they preach to one another about the Good Cause year in and year out. And damn those deplorable voters who just don't know.

I tell ya. The Age of Reason come full circle for the umpteenth time.

We are at the end of the Age, taking a turn. No matter what side you are on, it's gonna be nothing like what we expect.

And, as I think you really do know, the Unabomber was more like the Antifa folks of today than any redneck conservative. I think his manifesto was a lot like that of the mass shooter in Ohio who was all for Elizabeth Warren.

About the only alleged conservatives who have done stuff like that might be the OKC bomber guy who was worked with for over two years by our FBI. He spent some time in the Philippines in the eighties or early nineties, and associated with communist-organized Islamists there, though. So, really, not much of a typical American Redneck or conservative. If you'be been around, the more extreme right has a lot of the same talking points as the more extreme left, but there's two kinds of each extreme. There is the well-funded units with some kind of super Sponsor, like a Soros or whatnot, and there are the simple nutjobs who actually believe some stuff and really wanna make the world "better" somehow. But the really sad thing is, just this, that our government agencies who do sting operations trying to "prevent" terrorism or civil political destructive events, sometimes seem so slow to pull in the nutjobs you just hafta wonder whether it's not really a psy-op project to provide media hysteric focus events useful politically to change laws or public sentiments, and manipulate us somehow.

I worked for a chemical company once that I was told was cooperating with the DEA to catch illegal manufacturers of stuff like amphetamines and crack cocaine. I was not part of the production crew or the office staff who bought stuff and sold stuff. I was a researcher creating the laser dyes so much in use today in electronics and photography. Just making scores of such new molecules, and determining stuff like their efficiencies and wavelenghts and other useful properties. But the company got tired of no news about people being caught who bought their stuff, and just stopped doing it. They got fire bombed and burned out. They rebuilt, and were again asked to "cooperate", and decided not to. The DEA officials themselves came into the place, and demanded a tour. They found packages in the safe room labeled "Heroine" , "Cocaine", "Marijuana", "Amphetamines". "Barbiturates", "Opioids" or whatever. Everybody left, it was after hours. The company people went to the bosses' house a few miles away. When they arrived, the wife came running out. Alarms were sounding at the plant. They went straight back and found their plant barricaded and sealed off, with a little fire burning in a storage room with windows to the front. They told me they could have gone in with a fire extringuisher and just put it out. I mean it was all small bottles, no big tanks, and only one shelf had become involved.

The packages were analytical kits made for police to use in the field. The barricaded building was allowed to burn to the ground, again. The case was ultimately just dismissed.

I decided that corruption is institutional in our government, and sometimes in our relevant, powerful corporations, and that law enforcement is just not really able to meet the challenge it would take to straighten things out.

I have not since believed in the DEA, or in the FBI.

In the Philippines, a terrorist cell was discovered in 1995 that had several computers and a lot of bomb-making material. It was discovered because a fire broke out in the apartment. Authorities there gave our US government detailed materials, plans, exact targets, and methods..... for flying passenger airlines into major American skyscrapers. In 1995.

In 2001, after 9/11, Condolezza Rice claimed no one could have ever imagined anyone would do such a thing.

I take it you're a political operative for some kind of change-agent group. You read their literature, to copy their talking points. You mean well.

One thing I learned from reading Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, about the Russian Revolution, was that the first wave of folks rounded up and thrown into Lubyanka Prison, were the idealist, educated, true-believers in the Progress, in Marxism, who had done almost all the work in overthrowing the Czar. In the days following the success of the revolution, there was a need for measures to be taken to consolidate political control.

The people who were most to be feared were the successful revolutionaries who knew how to organize and get it done. These, Lenin figured, had to go..... first.

It is a word or warning, to you and anyone else now serving to do some kind of Resistance or Revolution.

I will stick to advocating electoral processes like our American Constitution provides for, and I will be advocating against any kind of consolidation of power outside of the voters themselves.

Thank you for giving me the occasion to explain it all.

Was his missus hot? Please advise.

I prefer non-hotties generally. Since I was once blind, and paralyzed, and for some years was pretty much an invalid, I have learned that there is lot of life than can be beneficially imagined better than done.

Along that line of philosophy, I have a few jokes. A man can marry a pretty woman, and be alternately proud, worried, pleased and downright disgusted. Or he can marry a good woman(not necessary an exclusive proposal), and be loved. You can marry a hottie and just be damn busy keeping up the pace, or you can marry a good cook and be a philosopher in the midnight hours.... An uncle explained it to me this way. I think I might have brought the subject up. His wife was ugly, pock-marked face and all.... It was a "why" question I think. But of course my Aunt was actually highly intelligent, and a lot of fun, too. He replied that all women look good in the dark. He's the uncle who taught old junior high classes, and hung miscreants out the window by their heels to shake out the spitwads and bubble gum. And who offered, one night, when I was apprehended walking around my grandpa's house with some cats following me because I would shoot birds via bb gun and flashlight where they roosted, to help me out by just shooting the damn cats. He showed me his revolver in the moonlight..... humor runs pretty dry in my clan.

My wife is a lot younger than me, though, and she's definitely on the side favoring doing stuff more than sitting around typing on a computer. If I take her on trips, I have to accept the idea of stopping to do some fun stuff sometimes, and being sociable with folks she knows on the way. I get to do this computer cave gig when she's on night shift.....Today, I was discussing my admiration of Sonnie Johnson, and used her as a handy comparable. Sonnie talks sorta rough sometimes, calls it straight. She's not the perfect Republican to be sure. I said she was like my wife, who is both smart and articulate, and perfectly willing to say it true.

Log was perfectly decent. It was one of my first trips through Reno, but that is now my most frequent trail to Oakland. When it's snowing I go south, it takes longer. I could go the Log's place sometime, maybe, not so far off that route.

Back to the China thing.

I have a sis in-law who has family in China, a brother who is of considerable rank in the leading circles. Another of her relatives in China has "disappeared" because he was being pretty outspoken politically and crossed the line, so to speak. My brother often goes over there. I have other relations in China as well.

I have been concerned more recently with some of the things being said and done. For a while I was pretty positive about the hope we could really have good relations with China, on the principle of doing good business and moderating the ideology....

I am aware of the influence here on the issues of compliant citizenry, and public management. I'm just not on that ride. I think we should export our culture and norms of human rights to the rest of the world.

All women are beautiful.

Here it is. The thing we agree on.

I also think cows, dogs, cats, birds, and lizards are all beautiful.

It's the hype we get, which you call "brainwashing" that imposes some critical belittling standard of what we "should" think is "beautiful".

Well, admittedly, the male brain is sorta self-programming and there are definitely some features that can be particularly interesting, or "attractive". But I decided a long time ago, that the better criteria would be having someone to talk to who could make it a good time.