What does Walker's future hold?

• Will be better than Gobert

• Just as good as Gobert

• He's still a future All Star or DPOY

• Still a future 30+ MPG player

• Zubac level starter

• Bench player

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't have confidence that Walker is a top 10 center in today's NBA, and I don't have confidence that the Jazz view him as a main cog going forward. He's too limited offensively. He's also been pretty soft on a number of occasions this season, when being a big, physical presence is supposed to be his main selling point.

He's long, he moves well, and he's got decent hands. But he doesn't look like he has the mentality to really want to dominate. He's content to set weak screens, tell guards to run behind him, and finish the occasional lob. His numbers this season bear that out.

I'm willing to give him a bit of a pass this season because of injuries. However if we see the same thing next season, it's probably time to face reality and send him to Dok Island.

I don’t know who is in the market for a backup big….probably won’t get much on the trade market for him. Whether he’s actually good or not, it’s been decided he is not going to be the starter for this franchise. Maybe we make a run at Hartenstein in FA? Idk, the C position is looking bleak right now.

As a Walker "hater" I'm completely against trading him.

Despite all his weaknesses and his tendency to act like a wet blanket, he's still one of the most talented rim protectors on a rookie deal. Just zero reason to deal him imo.

I dont expect a huge leap from him per se, but I think when the team gets better around him he will look better. In a way it might be a positive thing that he's limited to the extent he is because I dont see a team throwing a huge deal at him when his contract is up.

But who knows, maybe there is some kind of physical development jump where his defense is more versatile or a slight skill jump where he becomes more useful offensively

All time low right now.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I didnt watch the entire game last night, but when I did watch, THT actually put him in a position to make a couple of plays that he just absolutely fumbled.

Not that THT deserves to play or anything. He's been mediocre and doesnt really show signs of improving his decision making, but he is the guy who actually sets up Walker. I think THT not playing down the stretch has hurt Walker a bit.

I don’t know who is in the market for a backup big….probably won’t get much on the trade market for him. Whether he’s actually good or not, it’s been decided he is not going to be the starter for this franchise. Maybe we make a run at Hartenstein in FA? Idk, the C position is looking bleak right now.
Depends. He’s cheap and playable and several teams need that. I only do it for a decent offer but I just am not sure he’s the center of the future right now. Fine as a place holder but I wish he had some dawg in him… I’d settle for a chihuahua or shitsu or maybe a very large cat. Yes Ihart is a guy I’d look long and hard at. In FA I don’t think we can get a star or a two way wing but a solid starting center could be a solid use of cap.

If the offers aren’t great then you can definitely roll with him and see what happens.

Depends. He’s cheap and playable and several teams need that. I only do it for a decent offer but I just am not sure he’s the center of the future right now. Fine as a place holder but I wish he had some dawg in him… I’d settle for a chihuahua or shitsu or maybe a very large cat. Yes Ihart is a guy I’d look long and hard at. In FA I don’t think we can get a star or a two way wing but a solid starting center could be a solid use of cap.

If the offers aren’t great then you can definitely roll with him and see what happens.

He’s fine as a backup, no urgency to move him. I guess what I meant is that we have no starting center going forward. It’s not John Collins and it’s not Walker. If we want to bring in a third guy, there will not be minutes for someone.

It has not been decided that he is not going to be the starter for this franchise. Not even close.

He’s fine as a backup, no urgency to move him. I guess what I meant is that we have no starting center going forward. It’s not John Collins and it’s not Walker. If we want to bring in a third guy, there will not be minutes for someone.
Collins is really a pf and I imagine if we went hard for a guy like Ihart that it’s likely we moved a guy first. I get what you are saying.

I simply would be shopping to see what Walker could get and to see what a replacement would cost. Like if he cant roll well, screen well, or pass well… on top of not shooting and not being much of a vertical threat. Ooof. I think he still has a little shine and would have value to teams like NO Phx and Mem who will want a cheap option at center.

Kessler probably will be ok at 26 or 27, when maturity takes over kid's softness.
No one is gonna give the Jazz anything for him specially after DA traded real players like Olynyk for peanuts.

Kessler probably will be ok at 26 or 27, when maturity takes over kid's softness.
No one is gonna give the Jazz anything for him specially after DA traded real players like Olynyk for peanuts.
Walker is a real player. He is also dirt cheap. He would net more than KO for sure.

I just think we need playmaking and shooting around Lauri, Taylor, Sexton etc. and one way to get that is subbing out Collins and adding a guy like Hartenstein... who has been a monster defensively as well. Not a shooter but his passing and ability to finish with a little floater adds to the offense.

If the best offer was say the Phoenix pick on draft night... its an easy pass. If someone offers a pick in the 7-14 range I might consider it based on other intel I would have.

Collins is really a pf and I imagine if we went hard for a guy like Ihart that it’s likely we moved a guy first. I get what you are saying.

I simply would be shopping to see what Walker could get and to see what a replacement would cost. Like if he cant roll well, screen well, or pass well… on top of not shooting and not being much of a vertical threat. Ooof. I think he still has a little shine and would have value to teams like NO Phx and Mem who will want a cheap option at center.

Only one of them can play at a time. Don't really care what you call them, that is fact. We have pretty much abandoned the idea of them playing together, so it's an either or situation and it's safe to assume that any other players like them cannot play together with them. It's not even something we're willing to try when we're tanking.

I think there are some teams who might be in a money crunch and also see him a pseudo starter. He's really cost effective on his current salary....to be clear, my comments are more directed towards how the FO feels about Kessler than myself. Doesn't seem like they think he's very good. A team like ATL, for example, is in a money crunch but Quin would probably want to play him 30+ minutes. Maybe we swap him and Okongwu as the base of a trade, idk. It's a shame Big O hasn't developed but he is the third greatest prospect of all time behind Exum and Bilal.

It has not been decided that he is not going to be the starter for this franchise. Not even close.

Possibly, but if so, they have done a **** job of investing in Kessler. Someone doesn't believe in him, that's for sure.

Only one of them can play at a time. Don't really care what you call them, that is fact. We have pretty much abandoned the idea of them playing together, so it's an either or situation and it's safe to assume that any other players like them cannot play together with them. It's not even something we're willing to try when we're tanking.
I think you just maybe stumbled on how Ainge will force Hardy to tank if he can't move Collins lol. "Will we need to see these guys playing together for 25 minutes a night... we really believe it can work".
I think there are some teams who might be in a money crunch and also see him a pseudo starter. He's really cost effective on his current salary....to be clear, my comments are more directed towards how the FO feels about Kessler than myself. Doesn't seem like they think he's very good. A team like ATL, for example, is in a money crunch but Quin would probably want to play him 30+ minutes. Maybe we swap him and Okongwu as the base of a trade, idk. It's a shame Big O hasn't developed but he is the third greatest prospect of all time behind Exum and Bilal.
I'd rather have a pick than Okongwu. Capela looks cooked though. I could see Atlanta having interest in something though. Memphis, Phoenix, and NO I think would have more interest since all could use at least a 20-25 minute a night guy to supplement what they have now.

Possibly, but if so, they have done a **** job of investing in Kessler. Someone doesn't believe in him, that's for sure.

I think you just maybe stumbled on how Ainge will force Hardy to tank if he can't move Collins lol. "Will we need to see these guys playing together for 25 minutes a night... we really believe it can work".

I'd rather have a pick than Okongwu. Capela looks cooked though. I could see Atlanta having interest in something though. Memphis, Phoenix, and NO I think would have more interest since all could use at least a 20-25 minute a night guy to supplement what they have now.

We might be able to get a decent pick by taking on Capela. Only one year left on his deal but this saves ATL a ton of $$$ and they get better/younger. Could decide to buy him out or reunite Capela/Collins lmao.

The problem is clearly Hardy. The front office is not happy with the way he is developing Kessler.

Walker is a real player. He is also dirt cheap. He would net more than KO for sure.
Even if you were right -and I want you to be indeed- to net more than KO could still actually be a minimal return.
Minimal to negative return seems to be Danny Ainge new mantra.

Under new ownership the Jazz has swiftly become an awful thing. I'm convinced Dannny Aige, Justin Zanik and coaching staff have to go.

It amazes me how quickly some of you lose confidence in players. Walker is going to snap back next year after an offseason of focusing solely on basketball rather than team USA crap and traveling all over the place. He was hyped up a little too much after his rookie year and it hurt him but now he is getting to the point where he is underrated.