What's new

Coronavirus

Utah’s trend has been down for a solid 2 weeks now. Great news. I’m worried however that it'll reverse and head back up because of schools and fall sports. I really hope these things don’t act as an accelerant to spread the virus. I think we’ll find out in about 3 weeks. Alpine starts this week. Canyons, Granite, and Jordan in the upcoming weeks.

Is our media doing a good job of showing this?

It’s my experience that people are completely ignorant of how other countries are handling this pandemic. It’s like we don’t know just how awful our response is.

It’s my experience that people are completely ignorant of how other countries are handling this pandemic. It’s like we don’t know just how awful our response is.
That's pretty crazy. Quite the stark difference. Americans (myself included) are stupid selfish buttholes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

But Thriller, what about this?
12525026-4x3-xlarge.jpg

Thought I never say this in a million years but I can't understand why the rest of the country can't be like New Jersey.

If you're in public and indoors wear a mask.

If you're not indoors, either socially distance or, if you can't, wear mask

That's it - it's not ****ing brain surgery.

It's not like we live in a North Korean Police State - I think Wes will even back me up on this.

Thought I never say this in a million years but I can't understand why the rest of the country can't be like New Jersey.

If you're in public and indoors wear a mask.

If you're not indoors, either socially distance or, if you can't, wear mask

That's it - it's not ****ing brain surgery.

It's not like we live in a North Korean Police State - I think Wes will even back me up on this.
Ya pretty easy stuff.
Americans are selfish buttholes though and think following any recommendation is a loss of freedom I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Soooooo was his presser today supposed to give confidence? Because he took 3 questions (2 of them from Fox and OANN) so really just 1 question and then he ran away. Um.

What the hell is this? And why is this still happening? Why are we still having anti mask rallies? Like... the science is clear on this, right? What the hell is wrong with people?

Also, the comments will pop your brain cells. Yikes

If any of you actually think one person can't change the world these days then you obviously haven't heard about someone eating an undercooked bat.
I know it's a joke but this most likely didn't start from someone eating an undercooked bat. It's still being researched but either way it was most likely started from an alive animal transferring to humans. The plausible explanation now is it went from a specific bat to another animal and then to humans. The problem with this market and others is having lots of live animals close together in unclean situations. But there could be other ways.

It took over 15 years after SARS to get a pretty definitive answer to it. I'm guessing this will be faster but it's still being researched. They only think it's possible it came from an animal at that market and that's mostly because it's similar to SARS that started that way.

What the hell is this? And why is this still happening? Why are we still having anti mask rallies? Like... the science is clear on this, right? What the hell is wrong with people?

Also, the comments will pop your brain cells. Yikes

Who can say? Anti-science is rampant in America. Anti-government sentiment. Masks have become part of the partisan divide. Assuming it helps slow/prevent spread, and I do so assume, I am wearing a mask to protect you, and you are wearing a mask to protect me. This is a form of “one for all, and all for one”. I like that approach. Yet, in a recent poll, 57% of Republicans find the number of American deaths from Covid-19 “acceptable”. I’ll post a link to that stat, and here are articles discussing the issue of masks....

Who can say? Anti-science is rampant in America. Anti-government sentiment. Masks have become part of the partisan divide. Assuming it helps slow/prevent spread, and I do so assume, I am wearing a mask to protect you, and you are wearing a mask to protect me. This is a form of “one for all, and all for one”. I like that approach. Yet, in a recent poll, 57% of Republicans find the number of American deaths from Covid-19 “acceptable”. I’ll post a link to that stat, and here are articles discussing the issue of masks....

With the percentage of people within businesses and offices and other gatherings wearing masks today, and the degree of compliance presently observable in all public places, plus the percentage of recovered Covid-19 people, we are nearing a reasonable expectation of dropping frequency. Many of the demonstrations are referencing excessive policies where not needed because of adequate social distancing and other prudent measures, where there has been an effect on business that is too harmful in consideration of the risks.

It would appear that Fauci's original advice that masks are not needed, or that Covid-19 is comparable to the flu...... or Nancy Pelosi's sage advice for San Francisco's tourists and residents to please show up at the Chinatown businesses, or that New York's orders to please go have a good time in Manhattan, somehow were wrong to begin with. A helluva lot of irrational advice and unfounded government orders going on in this whole crazy thing, which appears to have been some kind of deliberate attempt to counter Trump's "racist" travel restrictions last January.

People are justified in believing orders from the government have proven the Government is significantly unqualified to direct daily life even in a flu outbreak.

The bureaucratic edicts against the trial of HCQ are a further example of how the government gone wrong is actually fanning the Covid-19. Trump takes the reasonable position that advice is more effective, and may produce better observation of reasonable safer practices than orders, but he has correctly left it to the local government and the federal agencies where he could.

Many of the precautions we are doing in schools and businesses actually are less reasonable and less scientific than the common sense people are going to use anyway, based on what is known at present

With the percentage of people within businesses and offices and other gatherings wearing masks today, and the degree of compliance presently observable in all public places, plus the percentage of recovered Covid-19 people, we are nearing a reasonable expectation of dropping frequency. Many of the demonstrations are referencing excessive policies where not needed because of adequate social distancing and other prudent measures, where there has been an effect on business that is too harmful in consideration of the risks.

It would appear that Fauci's original advice that masks are not needed, or that Covid-19 is comparable to the flu...... or Nancy Pelosi's sage advice for San Francisco's tourists and residents to please show up at the Chinatown businesses, or that New York's orders to please go have a good time in Manhattan, somehow were wrong to begin with. A helluva lot of irrational advice and unfounded government orders going on in this whole crazy thing, which appears to have been some kind of deliberate attempt to counter Trump's "racist" travel restrictions last January.

People are justified in believing orders from the government have proven the Government is significantly unqualified to direct daily life even in a flu outbreak.

The bureaucratic edicts against the trial of HCQ are a further example of how the government gone wrong is actually fanning the Covid-19. Trump takes the reasonable position that advice is more effective, and may produce better observation of reasonable safer practices than orders, but he has correctly left it to the local government and the federal agencies where he could.

Many of the precautions we are doing in schools and businesses actually are less reasonable and less scientific than the common sense people are going to use anyway, based on what is known at present

This has been my frustration... people keep saying "we still don't know..." Actually we do know a lot about this thing and we are ignoring a lot of it. The initial mask thing is a killer to me. What would it have hurt to tell people to wear masks to help slow the spread if they have the virus. We did it early and people would judge you like you stole masks from doctors and how could you be so selfish... now I walk outside and get weird looks from people on nature trails because I'm not wearing a mask outdoors.

We have gone full stupid and it starts at the top... dems, republicans, independents... we all being dumb AF.

Although the study must undergo the rigors of peer review before it is published in a scientific journal, both outside experts and the scientists involved say it shows the power and promise of an emerging field of research known as genomic epidemiology. The small mutations that accumulate in a virus’s genome are like genetic bar codes; by tracking them, researchers can trace infections to their sources and develop more effective interventions to stop the disease.

“This is the kind of study that … defines why genomics can be so useful in outbreak reconstruction,” said Vaughn Cooper, a microbiologist at the University of Pittsburgh who was not involved in the Boston research. “It reflects a great deal of coordinating work, and that's what in part makes this so powerful."

Although the study must undergo the rigors of peer review before it is published in a scientific journal, both outside experts and the scientists involved say it shows the power and promise of an emerging field of research known as genomic epidemiology. The small mutations that accumulate in a virus’s genome are like genetic bar codes; by tracking them, researchers can trace infections to their sources and develop more effective interventions to stop the disease.

“This is the kind of study that … defines why genomics can be so useful in outbreak reconstruction,” said Vaughn Cooper, a microbiologist at the University of Pittsburgh who was not involved in the Boston research. “It reflects a great deal of coordinating work, and that's what in part makes this so powerful."

reports on genomic tracing were quite available last February. The tracking using genomic technology is quite widely available today due to the common availabilityh of the instruments and know-how, which has been invested in for years as an inexpensive law enforcement tool, paternity testing method, and research tool.

The net effect of publication of such studies means it would be difficult for a malevolent schemer to deliberately spread the virus, say spraying stadium seats with the virus or dispensing an aerosol in public, which is why the sudden disappearance of such reports from Google's First Page searches justifies real concern about Google.

In February you could actually get the research reports including genomic sequencing online. Pretty hard to hide the truth when the facts are actually available.

Last edited: