What's new

Coronavirus

Anyone who thinks this is just an old person problem is fooling themselves.

Yesterday’s deaths in Utah span the full range.

The statistics are not your friend on this one. And I never said only the old, the old, the obese, the diabetic, the already very sick, those already on the verge of death.

Take a look at this.

1_xESVBVWPZsIoCinp554XeA.png

Anyone who thinks this is just an old person problem is fooling themselves.

Yesterday’s deaths in Utah span the full range.

Covid is very clearly crazily skewed toward harming those with weak immune systems. Be it old, poor health, congenitally compromised.

No excuse for why this information should be hidden from the public.

Last edited:
Seems to me this is a piss poor place to find ourselves....

“In Friday's interview with the Post, Fauci also criticized Atlas, a neuroradiologist and Trump's hand-picked coronavirus adviser, for his lack of expertise.

"I have real problems with that guy," Fauci said. "He's a smart guy who's talking about things that I believe he doesn't have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn't make any sense."

Atlas responded to Fauci on Twitter, tweeting on Saturday night: #Insecurity #EmbarrassingHimself #Exposed #CantThrowABall #NoTimeForPolitics.

Fauci gave a grim warning of a Covid-19 surge as the country heads into fall and winter.

"We're in for a whole lot of hurt. It's not a good situation," Fauci told the Post. "All the stars are aligned in the wrong place as you go into the fall and winter season, with people congregating at home indoors. You could not possibly be positioned more poorly."

No excuse for why this information should be hidden from the public.

they’re hidden because it hurts donald politically. It’s all about Spin and cover up for him.

Have any of you received the covid vaccine yet? Chief is Staff said that by yesterday, we’d have millions of covid vaccines ready.

How about Donald’s health care plan? It’s been two weeks.

At least a couple of medical facilities I know of have ordered employees to stop getting tested (and stopped their own testing) because they can't afford to be down the staff. Not so great here in the midwest these days.

Covid is very clearly crazily skewed toward harming those with weak immune systems. Be it old, poor health, congenitally compromised.
I never said it wasn’t.
What I said is that it’s not a threat to just old people. That’s it. Nor is it a threat to just old or obese people.
Yes, it’s skewed towards those with pre-existing medical conditions.

My niece had been around someone who tested positive and has symptoms now. She tried to get a test and was told that all of the testing centers have switched to appointment only and she couldn't get tested until Wednesday.
So she says she probably won't get tested and just assume she has it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Seems to me the reason Trump is saying we turned the corner on Covid is just to get to the finish line on a lie, if he can, all the while knowing he has already opted for herd immunity. Obviously Fauci is finished, at least under Trump, and Atlas is Trump’s man on Covid. If he gets a second term, herd immunity will be the way forward. Atlas just had a tweet removed for saying masks don’t help. FWIW, the handwriting is right there. Dismiss Covid to the rallies, and herd immunity if he wins.

Speaking of Dr. Atlas, "I have real problems with that guy," Fauci said. "He's a smart guy who's talking about things that I believe he doesn't have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn't make any sense."

Dr Atlas(Trump must love that name!) replied:

And so did Trump:

If Trump wins, herd immunity it is.

Last edited:
I never said it wasn’t.
What I said is that it’s not a threat to just old people. That’s it. Nor is it a threat to just old or obese people.
Yes, it’s skewed towards those with pre-existing medical conditions.

I would think skewed in a pretty massive understatement

Has this triggered any kind of conversation over there about what a bunch of incredibly unhealthy fat bastards you are ??

I would think skewed in a pretty massive understatement

Has this triggered any kind of conversation over there about what a bunch of incredibly unhealthy fat bastards you are ??
It's a conversation that has been going on here for a long time.

Unfortunately the U.S. diet is spreading faster than American's waistlines. High sugar, high sodium, big flavor, long shelf-life, low fat, low nutrition is coming to your town soon. And the fact is that you're probably going to like it.

Only in Utah County right now.
Wow.

Thousands attend Halloween party in Utah County until police arriveView attachment 9864
https://www.ksl.com/article/5004147...ween-party-in-utah-county-until-police-arrive
Aaaaand, it made national news. Great. Way to go, Utah! So much winning!

Some survivors of Covid-19 carry worrying signs that their immune system has turned on the body, reminiscent of potentially debilitating diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, a new study has found.

At some point, the body’s defense system in these patients shifted into attacking itself, rather than the virus, the study suggests. The patients are producing molecules called “autoantibodies” that target genetic material from human cells, instead of from the virus.

This misguided immune response may exacerbate severe Covid-19. It may also explain why so-called “long haulers” have lingering problems months after their initial illness has resolved and the virus is gone from their bodies.

Some survivors of Covid-19 carry worrying signs that their immune system has turned on the body, reminiscent of potentially debilitating diseases like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, a new study has found.

At some point, the body’s defense system in these patients shifted into attacking itself, rather than the virus, the study suggests. The patients are producing molecules called “autoantibodies” that target genetic material from human cells, instead of from the virus.

This misguided immune response may exacerbate severe Covid-19. It may also explain why so-called “long haulers” have lingering problems months after their initial illness has resolved and the virus is gone from their bodies.
Well, I’m not very concerned. It’s not like the virus is spreading out of control in America right now...

Utah’s numbers from wed:

That’s 500 more new cases than last Wednesday.
32 percent positivity rate??? Never seen that... anywhere!
Annnnddd still gyms, movie theaters, etc remain open. Indoor dining still happening. And foot game is still being played.

Last edited:
Six days of double doughnuts, no deaths, no cases. If i wasn't a cheap bastard i'd have bought the boys a dozen doughnuts before work. (Im skint so the fat bastards can buy their own doughnuts)