What's new

Coronavirus

Should be a lot easier for the gov to kiss his *** now that he’s immobile
Well, she can kiss his *** goodbye at least.

But I don't think it's very classy to celebrate people's deaths. I don't have to feel sorry for him, but I don't have to dance a jig about it either.

Omicron pretty much wiped out my work the last 2 weeks. All but 2 of the management staff missed a week with it. Probably 20% of the entire building had it at once or at least overlapped enough that of the 200+ people we have about 45 were out at one time. Basically ended up a full week behind on work. Just crazy.

Something is really wrong in the world, if (assuming it is true) the Taliban states that "you are welcome and as safe as possible" to a pregnant NZ woman while her home country just states "you bad, no chance to get here".
I think it would actually be really cool and something right in the world if the taliban turned over a new leaf and became nice, helpful people.

Something is really wrong in the world, if (assuming it is true) the Taliban states that "you are welcome and as safe as possible" to a pregnant NZ woman while her home country just states "you bad, no chance to get here".
Of course, telling a pregnant woman that she has to lie about her marital status and being under constant threat of being discovered isn't exactly what I would call welcoming.

And COVID sucks.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Of course, telling a pregnant woman that she has to lie about her marital status and being under constant threat of being discovered isn't exactly what I would call welcoming.

And COVID sucks.

I am certainly not a fan of a Taliban group, but i guess the "you have to lie" was said to woman because even if the Taliban leaders would like/love to start from a clean sheet and be the best leaders of the world, the population (and different tribes and their mentality) in Afghanistan are what they are.
Being an Al Jazeera reporter and in good terms with her origin country of the company (Qatar) she is knowledgeable enough to know whether and when and where to express opinions or wave flags about complicated topics. Based on my limited travel experience and reading about different blogs created by people who have travelled-visited third world (and in theory ********) countries - at least for ordinary locals and medics (not die hard imams etc) - a pregnant woman is usually a person, who is respected. Specially in muslim countries.

It certainly isn't that New Zealand doesn't respect pregnant women. They realize a pregnant woman can bring in COVID as easily as a non-pregnant woman. They have their COVID rules for a reason.

The right's antivaxxer rhetoric seems to be focused on covid19, as a response to attacks on/by Trump. They're not protesting MMR vaccines, TDAP, etc. When covid19 news is in the background, this opposition will fade.

Agreed.
Hmmmm. Seems like it’s shifting to other vaccines too. Ambitious Republicans hope to make names for themselves by rushing to the extremist position. I hope this doesn’t pass but wouldn’t be surprised if this movement continues to gather momentum.

Hmmmm. Seems like it’s shifting to other vaccines too. Ambitious Republicans hope to make names for themselves by rushing to the extremist position. I hope this doesn’t pass but wouldn’t be surprised if this movement continues to gather momentum.

17 out of 34 Rs, 56 total. I don't think it passes.

At least in this state... As the last few years have proven, that which was once fringe can quickly become mainstream real fast. The incentive structure from fundraising to winning primaries incentivizes candidates to rush to the extreme. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if this movement gains more momentum.

I certainly hope not. But I will say, with this bill being big news, and the one in Arizona about overturning elections, this is maybe the weirdest time in American politics I have seen in my lifetime. I mean politicians do dumb **** all the time, but the level of support for simply unbelievably bad and even unconstitutional or illegal agendas is mind-boggling. Clearly a product of the social media era, since everything can get around the world in 3 seconds, but that just makes it worse as regular folks get duped by all the fake **** that comes across and you have people that actually vote suddenly thinking this kind of crap is a good idea. Frightening, imo, the precedent being set.