What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Coronavirus

Al-O-Meter

So, as long as it's only few, so that we only get a new story every few days or so, it's not a real issue? I'm just making sure that's your standard, for future reference.
Evidence is my standard. It is your standard too. I know you well enough to know that you looked and couldn’t find any. There are a bevy of news stories and none of them could find examples either. This narrative of angry parents showing up to school board meetings and threatening board members is a myth. It is a story being made up by school boards trying anything to stem the torrent of anger they are receiving for refusing to conduct operations in a manner consistent with the will of parents.

Red

Last edited:

One Brow

I know you well enough to know that you looked and couldn’t find any.
You think I couldn't find any actual stories of school board members being threatened by parents? Just how thick are you?

Verified incidents just from the first page of search results.

There are a bevy of news stories and none of them could find examples either. This narrative of angry parents showing up to school board meetings and threatening board members is a myth. It is a story being made up by school boards trying anything to stem the torrent of anger they are receiving for refusing to conduct operations in a manner consistent with the will of parents.
You are not only wrong, you are dangerously wrong. You are spreading lies designed to support the continuation of violence. I wonder if you have any shame left at all.

Al-O-Meter

Verified incidents just from the first page of search results.
They may be verified incidents but none of them are angry parents threatening board members in school board meetings. These threats are supposedly so common as to require the involvement of the FBI and DOJ to curb it. Someone needs to explain why if this is the case that we have more video of Bigfoot than we do of parents threatening school board member in these school board meetings.

bigfoot-film-patterson-gimlin.jpg

Eminence

Had a dude well out of line at our most recent schoolboard meeting.

Didn't even show up to the right meeting, was off by a week (he was at a special session dealing with an expulsion), but he'd be damned if he wasn't going to yell for 10 minutes about mask mandates.

Al-O-Meter

Had a dude well out of line at our most recent schoolboard meeting.

Didn't even show up to the right meeting, was off by a week (he was at a special session dealing with an expulsion), but he'd be damned if he wasn't going to yell for 10 minutes about mask mandates.
Out of curiosity, has your district done any polling of parents to gauge the level of support for mask mandates?

One Brow

They may be verified incidents but none of them are angry parents threatening board members in school board meetings.
You are fine with school board officials getting threats from angry parents, as long as it doesn't happening during the meeting itself. You are fine with violence outside the building where the board meeting, as long as the meeting itself is undisturbed. You have no objection to people breaking through doors to attend private meetings, as long as there are no threats at the public meetings.

You have set a standard so narrow and bizarre that I see it as a confirmation that you indeed have no shame nor sense of proportion. Thank you for the conversation.

I've heard the Tsarnaevs never interrupted a single school board meeting. Perhaps you feel their conviction was unjustified.

Eminence

Out of curiosity, has your district done any polling of parents to gauge the level of support for mask mandates?

Just a parent here (I like to go to city council/school board meetings), but not that I'm aware of.

In terms of meeting attendance I'd guess around 80%/20% (favor vs against). Attendance overall certainly way up these days.

TheGoldStandard

I tend to find that the "violent" people are outliers. Yes, I have raised my voice to councilmen, school board and other members when they are being stupid, but I try to remain respectful, and understand that people are trying, even if they are going about things different than many of us would like.

I actually have a lot of respect for what school board members have to do, and board members generally.

If we have to cater to people that think it is acceptable to cause violence and threats to others in our communities to get what they want, then we are lost.

FAILED STATE

I tend to find that the "violent" people are outliers. Yes, I have raised my voice to councilmen, school board and other members when they are being stupid, but I try to remain respectful, and understand that people are trying, even if they are going about things different than many of us would like.

I actually have a lot of respect for what school board members have to do, and board members generally.

If we have to cater to people that think it is acceptable to cause violence and threats to others in our communities to get what they want, then we are lost.
“I’m sorry, but you don’t actually exist.”
- Al-O-JazzyFresh