What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Coronavirus

Al-O-Meter

You are fine with violence outside the building where the board meeting, as long as the meeting itself is undisturbed.
Of course not, but I think an incident where 2 attendees got into a scuffle outside a school board meeting is a matter for the local police, not for the FBI, DOJ, and designations of domestic terrorism. To me it sounds like government is trying really hard to find an excuse to bring in overwhelming force to cow those unhappy at the disturbingly authoritarian turn .

One Brow

Of course not, but I think an incident where 2 attendees got into a scuffle outside a school board meeting is a matter for the local police, not for the FBI, DOJ, and designations of domestic terrorism. To me it sounds like government is trying really hard to find an excuse to bring in overwhelming force to cow those unhappy at the disturbingly authoritarian turn .
The overwhelming force being investigators that are looking into the connections between these disparate incidents? Or, did you have an example where actual force was is being used? You know, your standard of having more evidence than we have for Bigfoot?

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
To me it sounds like government is trying really hard to find an excuse to bring in overwhelming force to cow those unhappy at the disturbingly authoritarian turn .
To be fair, everything seems to sound like that to you. You seem a bit paranoid about this

Al-O-Meter

To be fair, everything seems to sound like that to you. You seem a bit paranoid about this
Is it still paranoia if you’re correct? From my vantage, the government keeps getting bigger. The information gathering agencies get better at collecting information. Rights such as freedom of speech and the right to bear arms seem less strongly defended. I keep hoping the pendulum will swing back but it seems to keep going in the one direction only.

Al-O-Meter

The overwhelming force being investigators that are looking into the connections between these disparate incidents? Or, did you have an example where actual force was is being used? You know, your standard of having more evidence than we have for Bigfoot?
The verb phrase "to bring in" is future tense.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Is it still paranoia if you’re correct? From my vantage, the government keeps getting bigger. The information gathering agencies get better at collecting information. Rights such as freedom of speech and the right to bear arms seem less strongly defended. I keep hoping the pendulum will swing back but it seems to keep going in the one direction only.
You know what else keeps getting bigger? Everything. Bigger doesn't mean diabolical and evil.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Oh no. Information is being collected. That's never happened in history!
Collected information isn't on my list of things that scare me.

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
Finally some ****ing COVID cash in my back pocket, 60 bucks a day exposure money. They must think **** is going to get real bad if they're finally handing over some ****ing cash to front line workers.

Al-O-Meter

You know what else keeps getting bigger? Everything. Bigger doesn't mean diabolical and evil.
True, but it does mean more able. The way I view government is like gun control advocates see guns. The gun itself is just an assembly of machined pieces. It isn’t inherently evil. It is a tool that increases the ability of whoever wields it.

If you are stripping away regulatory safeguards such as prohibitions against fully automatic receivers, maximum caliber sizes, background checks, letting single individuals rule by executive order, ignoring jurisdictional limitations, etc., that isn’t in and of itself diabolical. Those in command of such capabilities may be truly good who only use it to do good. If we knew with absolute certainty that only good people would be in control of these things then it makes sense to get rid of these regulatory safeguards because it only increases the capacity of the good people to do good.

I don’t personally believe those who would wield those capabilities can forever be counted on to exclusively be good people. I think some of the most power hungry, narcissistic, worst people are drawn to gain control of the power that flows from these constructs.

TheGoldStandard

My family got our flu shots yesterday :)
I heard that Bill Gates, through a series of misinformation, told people the tracking chips were in the Covid shot, while he secretly put them in the flu shot.

Flu shots only have a 31% lower risk of death than those that are unvaccinated. Yet people complain about the Covid vaccine which has close to 100% protection against death. Crazy.