What's new

Coronavirus

You know what else keeps getting bigger? Everything. Bigger doesn't mean diabolical and evil.
True, but it does mean more able. The way I view government is like gun control advocates see guns. The gun itself is just an assembly of machined pieces. It isn’t inherently evil. It is a tool that increases the ability of whoever wields it.

If you are stripping away regulatory safeguards such as prohibitions against fully automatic receivers, maximum caliber sizes, background checks, letting single individuals rule by executive order, ignoring jurisdictional limitations, etc., that isn’t in and of itself diabolical. Those in command of such capabilities may be truly good who only use it to do good. If we knew with absolute certainty that only good people would be in control of these things then it makes sense to get rid of these regulatory safeguards because it only increases the capacity of the good people to do good.

I don’t personally believe those who would wield those capabilities can forever be counted on to exclusively be good people. I think some of the most power hungry, narcissistic, worst people are drawn to gain control of the power that flows from these constructs.

My family got our flu shots yesterday :)
I heard that Bill Gates, through a series of misinformation, told people the tracking chips were in the Covid shot, while he secretly put them in the flu shot.

Flu shots only have a 31% lower risk of death than those that are unvaccinated. Yet people complain about the Covid vaccine which has close to 100% protection against death. Crazy.

I heard that Bill Gates, through a series of misinformation, told people the tracking chips were in the Covid shot, while he secretly put them in the flu shot.

Flu shots only have a 31% lower risk of death than those that are unvaccinated. Yet people complain about the Covid vaccine which has close to 100% protection against death. Crazy.
Im hoping to get the tracking chip. Could come in handy if im ever lost or injured while hiking/fishing. Or if someone tries to frame me for murder.

Im hoping to get the tracking chip. Could come in handy if im ever lost or injured while hiking/fishing. Or if someone tries to frame me for murder.
You already have one except its worse... this one can also read your mind and will tell companies what you are thinking...

You already have one except its worse... this one can also read your mind and will tell companies what you are thinking...
But I always have my location turned off so that cancels everything out right?

I read an article today claiming that some scientists in Japan are close to creating a vaccine that would work against all forms of Severe acute respiratory syndrome viruses. An all in one vaccine. Supposedly would even work against any future viruses of that type.

I read an article today claiming that some scientists in Japan are close to creating a vaccine that would work against all forms of Severe acute respiratory syndrome viruses. An all in one vaccine. Supposedly would even work against any future viruses of that type.
No no no, it has to work against the corvid.

I swear you know every person that has caught covid. I know exactly 2 people that have had covid and neither got very sick.
I think I know about 10-15 who have got covid (mostly co workers). I know 4 who have been hospitalized. 1 died (he was the one I knew the least. My wife knew him and really only interacted with him on facebook. He was 52 years old and in great shape. Hit the gym almost daily and it showed). 2 of the hospitalized were close to getting put on ventalators. One of them is a very good friend of mine (in the hospital for 7 days) and the other is a pretty good friend who happens to also be a co worker (he is the one currently in the hospital). The other one that was hospitalized was in the hospital for 4 days was never in any extreme danger. He is also a co worker who I have went to a jazz game with and hung out with outside of work a few other times.

Edit: I probably know more who have got covid but it was mild enough that they didn't tell anyone or I forgot about it. I mean according to google there have been about 45-46 million people diagnosed with covid in the US. And I know lots of people so just going with odds/percentages it makes sense that I know some people who have had it.

Novavax, Novavax, Novavax
That looks quite promising. Though I did find this: Novavax did not address the assertions of two people with direct knowledge of the company’s processes that it has struggled to eliminate impurities in its vaccine production or that its tests for those vaccine batches had been inconsistent.
I dont think its too concerning though. Looks like Novavax (or covax as its also called) should be another great option.

I swear you know every person that has caught covid. I know exactly 2 people that have had covid and neither got very sick.
Only 2? We’ve had 6 in my family (oddly enough - or not - all of them believe the COVID conspiracies). Numerous coworkers, neighbors, relatives.

That looks quite promising. Though I did find this: Novavax did not address the assertions of two people with direct knowledge of the company’s processes that it has struggled to eliminate impurities in its vaccine production or that its tests for those vaccine batches had been inconsistent.
I dont think its too concerning though. Looks like Novavax (or covax as its also called) should be another great option.

yeah same with Moderna, they've had issues with purity consistency

My supervisor caught covid from her baby daughter (who is in day care), and so did her husband. That's just one family. I'm practically a hermit with very little social life.