What's new

Coronavirus

So your argument against exponential growth, the math for which has been shown to you, is that it makes numbers too big?
I have never argued against exponential growth. Every single country is going through exponential growth. I'm saying predictions of 2000+% exponential growth compared to any other country is flat out wrong. There's absolutely no data that suggest Americans will get sicker at 2000+% the rate as other countries. None. Zip.

I have never argued against exponential growth. Every single country is going through exponential growth. I'm saying predictions of 2000+% exponential growth compared to any other country is flat out wrong. There's absolutely no data that suggest Americans will get sicker at 2000+% the rate as other countries. None. Zip.
What do you mean by 2000+%? You are talking a lot of nonsense around here and I've been trying to avoid your BS, but please enlighten us what do you mean by 2000% the rate of other countries and who has made that argument?

This is gibberish. Just say you don't understand the math, maybe someone here with more patience than I will teach it to you.

I’ve been told we shouldn’t talk about trump in this thread but this seems like a political decision from Trump’s administration that will only exacerbate this pandemic.

This is gibberish. Just say you don't understand the math, maybe someone here with more patience than I will teach it to you.
Lol bull. K let's make bets(going against my good will) then. Full out account ban for me if over 75,000,000 cases. Full out account ban for every single one of you who like Zombie comments if it's under 75,000,000.

Put your money where your mouth is. You won't though I guarantee it.

You can't help yourself :D

Having health insurance which provides you with health care is important in normal times, yes? But is even more important when fighting a global pandemic, don't you agree?
If our goal is to save lives, what logical reason is there for not opening up health insurance exchanges?

Lol bull. K let's make bets(going against my good will) then. Full out account ban for me if over 75,000,000 cases. Full out account ban for every single one of you who like Zombie comments if it's under 75,000,000.

Just going back through some posts and I'm not seeing zombie or stitches or gameface making any claims of any amount of cases.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Having health insurance which provides you with health care is important in normal times, yes? But is even more important when fighting a global pandemic, don't you agree?
If our goal is to save lives, what logical reason is there for not opening up health insurance exchanges?

I 100% agree with you. I was teasing you about the fact you begin your sentence with "I’ve been told we shouldn’t talk about trump" immediately followed my mentioning Trump.

You realize there are unprecedented measures being taken by the whole world to stop the spread of this thing, right?

Just going back through some posts and I'm not seeing zombie or stitches or gameface making any claims of any amount of cases.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I have made some rough calculations about the spread in previous posts, but in all of them I'm qualifying that those are the numbers if no measures are applied and/or if the current rates keep up(i.e. if the exponential growth is not broken). For example, right now it looks like Italy has managed to break the exponential growth with their lockdown and they might be on their way down the curve(still need several more days or a week to be sure) which would mean that they are at about the middle of their numbers and you can roughly expect their current numbers to double by the end... again this is all conditional that they are able to keep the measures until they beat it completely or the summer comes and it's heavily impacted from the warm weather or they find a cure or... some other way to keep the spread very low... etc.

The US number is still growing exponentially, but it has been lowered from the uninterrupted 35% daily with no measures to now leaning toward slower spread(around the 22% line I think). Keep in mind that you can see the results of measure about 10-15 days after the measures are taken, because the sick people who are hitting the healthcare system now probably became infected around 10-14 days ago. So yeah... that's the path of most countries when they institute measures and lockdowns - the spread slows down from 35% increase daily to then lower and lower exponential growth until they become constant and the exponential growth is broken and the new numbers start getting smaller rather than larger. Lets see how much time it will take. The thing with the US is that it's huge and there are pockets that will probably go one after another in their own mini-curves...

tumblr_n3smrj0xJg1qgf4joo1_250.gifv

We'd have to have 75M tests before we get 75M cases. What's the time frame here?

BTW I have no idea what happens when we get it all under control and the numbers start going down. This will be the real test. Lets say in 2 weeks the US is on the downturn and you get fewer and fewer people infected and more and more recovered, etc. How do you continue life like before? At what point? You are at about 200K now... Lets say it goes to several million and back to a 1000 people left known to have it? What do you do?

If you unleash the workforce you are very likely to experience a second jump. This thing started with LESS than 1000 people in the US. It probably started with less than a 100... theoretically there is nothing stopping it from going berserk once again if you don't keep the measures... or at the very least some of the measures... I really want to see a plan for return to normal after this. I'm not seeing much of one right now anywhere in the world.

Last edited: