What's new

Coronavirus

I would say the nose swab is currently not as painful as it is told on news (i had COVID test last monday).
IMHO less annoying than anesthesic injection to the backspine (before the knee surgery), cleaning with the nail kind of thing inside the tooth channel by dentist or hornet (i.e not wasp) bite.

I would say the nose swab is currently not as painful as it is told on news (i had COVID test last monday).
IMHO less annoying than anesthesic injection to the backspine (before the knee surgery), cleaning with the nail kind of thing inside the tooth channel by dentist or hornet (i.e not wasp) bite.
The nose swab is different than it used to be. I asked the doctor about that. He said it used to be quite painful and quite horrible but it's different now.
My nephew got tested a few months ago and said the nose swab was horrible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

are they part of testutah?
I don't think so. I went to test Utah to schedule the test originally but then we just called our primary doctor (copper view) and they said to come in on. So I don't know if they are part of test Utah but I don't think they are

****ing hypocrites.
I want my free cheese wah.

The CARES ACT further divided the haves and have nots in this country. The only people who support a second Trump or Pelosi version are greedy ****bags and clueless rednecks. Mitch McConnell is a liberal hero for stopping that trash, but these partisan hacks are too caught up in the game Washington plays with their to realize anything real. Go team!

Guess what happens when you give peopke money who don't need money? Guess where all those government transfer payments went. Into stocks and bonds held by well of Americans, and **** the bottom quintile in actual need. US savings is up $1.2 trillion this year in excess of what it would have been absent Covid. So yeah, ferkan haypoocreets not givin me mah free cheeze!

I want my free cheese wah.

The CARES ACT further divided the haves and have nots in this country. The only people who support a second Trump or Pelosi version are greedy ****bags and clueless rednecks. Mitch McConnell is a liberal hero for stopping that trash, but these partisan hacks are too caught up in the game Washington plays with their to realize anything real. Go team!

Guess what happens when you give peopke money who don't need money? Guess where all those government transfer payments went. Into stocks and bonds held by well of Americans, and **** the bottom quintile in actual need. US savings is up $1.2 trillion this year in excess of what it would have been absent Covid. So yeah, ferkan haypoocreets not givin me mah free cheeze!
My money went to paying off some debt

The nose swab is different than it used to be. I asked the doctor about that. He said it used to be quite painful and quite horrible but it's different now.
My nephew got tested a few months ago and said the nose swab was horrible.

Well, according to my wife, it is vice versa :). She had a first test in april (because visiting a specific doctor required test) and she told me, that the one done in spring was not annoying or feelable at all. Testing was done in the same place and by the same company.
This time our daughter was most nervous, but she was brave and told us that it was no problem at all.

Well, according to my wife, it is vice versa :). She had a first test in april (because visiting a specific doctor required test) and she told me, that the one done in spring was not annoying or feelable at all. Testing was done in the same place and by the same company.
This time our daughter was most nervous, but she was brave and told us that it was no problem at all.
So it sounds like the one your wife, child, and yourself got were all non painful. That's cool.
Sime people got different ones than you and your family though and they hurt.

So it sounds like the one your wife, child, and yourself got were all non painful. That's cool.
Sime people got different ones than you and your family though and they hurt.

I've had two tests, the first one I got was very unpleasant. The second one was nothing. I don't think there was a huge difference in what they did, I just think the person who did the second one was better at not inflicting pain. Unless the standard was to try to impale a person's brain earlier and now they are like "you actually only need to get some mucous from way up there, impaling the brain is not required."

I've had two tests, the first one I got was very unpleasant. The second one was nothing. I don't think there was a huge difference in what they did, I just think the person who did the second one was better at not inflicting pain. Unless the standard was to try to impale a person's brain earlier and now they are like "you actually only need to get some mucous from way up there, impaling the brain is not required."
The doctor who did mine yesterday said that they used to have to go way up the noise and hit the throat but they no longer have to do that.

I had kind of a strange thought/question
So we equate low unemployment with a strong economy and healthy financial wellbeing right?

But if unemployment is really low then couldn't that mean that everyone needs to work because they need money badly because without work they couldn't afford to live?

Like if everyone was financially healthy and not struggling financialy then couldn't that mean that only one parent needed to work and that more people could retire which would make the unemployment rate higher? Less people working food be a good thing and more people working could be a bad thing right?

Last edited:
I had mind of a strange thought/question
So we equate low unemployment with a strong economy and healthy financial wellbeing right?

But if unemployment is really low then couldn't that mean that everyone needs to work because they need money badly because without work they couldn't afford to live?

Like if everyone was financially healthy and not struggling financialy then couldn't that mean that only one parent needed to work and that more people could retire which would make the unemployment rate higher? Less people working food be a good thing and more people working could be a bad thing right?

I'm not an expert on how this works and oldschool franklin would be a better person to answer a question like this, but I think at some point they changed how they calculate unemployment and they only count people who are actively looking for work. If you don't have a job and aren't looking for one then you are not counted as an unemployed person. Same goes for a situation where you were looking for work but eventually gave up, even though if you could get a job you would.

I'm not an expert on how this works and oldschool franklin would be a better person to answer a question like this, but I think at some point they changed how they calculate unemployment and they only count people who are actively looking for work. If you don't have a job and aren't looking for one then you are not counted as an unemployed person. Same goes for a situation where you were looking for work but eventually gave up, even though if you could get a job you would.
This is right more or less. They only count people looking for a job, or who are capable of holding a job. So the number can be skewed a few different ways. One way is that a terrible economy can cause a lot of people to drop out of the job pool, to, in essence, give up and stop looking, making it look like unemployment is lower than is actually is.

This is right more or less. They only count people looking for a job, or who are capable of holding a job. So the number can be skewed a few different ways. One way is that a terrible economy can cause a lot of people to drop out of the job pool, to, in essence, give up and stop looking, making it look like unemployment is lower than is actually is.
There are six measures, plus we track labor participation rate . U6 includes all those you listed, unless they no longer want work.

I had mind of a strange thought/question

It would mean less production, a smaller pie to divy up. Also, there is an old idea where retiring is good for the economy because one person steps aside which creates a higher paying job for another. It's an old economic fallacy but I don't remember the term for it.

Also, wages have been rather sticky for a couple decades. We just barely started seeing strong increases in real wages before Covid.