What's new

Coronavirus

While it wasn't propaganda, I agree too many people accepted the ivermectin overdose exaggerations on too little evidence.

I have no idea if this story is true or false. What's your evidence that it's false?
It was propaganda. It was literally made up out of thin air to cause fear.

From the CDC. You're soooo naive

Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to spread the virus for a shorter time: For prior variants, lower amounts of viral genetic material were found in samples taken from fully vaccinated people who had breakthrough infections than from unvaccinated people with COVID-19. For people infected with the Delta variant, similar amounts of viral genetic material have been found among both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people

This time last year. 35,763 cases

moa.png
A few days ago 154,272
moa1.png

IT's WORKING!!!! IT's STOPPING THE VIRUS!

Where we going to be once October and November hit?!

It was propaganda. It was literally made up out of thin air to cause fear.
What was the political cause being promoted by the ivermectin scare? I suppose you could argue it promo0ted a public health cause, but that's not inherently political.

From the CDC. You're soooo naive
Given the option of "yes" or "no", "yes" is the more correct answer. Does a Stop sign get people to stop at an intersection? Between "yes" and "no", "yes" is more correct. Your quote supports my answer.

Well, it can't stop the virus in the people who don't take it, which is over 90% of the infected despite being less that half the population.
A study, conducted by Mayo Clinic and Cambridge-based biotech company nference and posted in preprint MedRxiv last week, suggested that the Moderna vaccine’s effectiveness against the Delta variant fell to 76 percent and Pfizer’s dropped to 42 percent.

OMG GUYS PEOPLE ARE USING THIS?!?!? You idiot... Propaganda again. They are not using the "cuts and scrapes" version you absolute morons. I am aghast at Thrillers, OB's, Logs and Fish constant stupidity.
beta.png
This is why Thriller ignores me. He post such stupid s* and I expose him.

Last edited:
My personal take is that disbanding mask use, social distancing and all the other mitigation techniques that were once part of our lives were essentially disbanded so we gave the virus ample room to rise once again. We essentially went back to life before Covid and Covid reminded us that it's still here. Add in the Delta variant as more adept at spreading and it was off to the races and into an uncertain fall/winter.

We let our foot off the gas basically.

Vaccinations won't inherently change case rates, but they will influence hospitalizations and deaths which is more important IMO. That data shows a clear pattern that the bulk of those are unvaccinated individuals and the elevated numbers we're seeing today are within that group.

My personal take is that disbanding mask use, social distancing and all the other mitigation techniques that were once part of our lives were essentially disbanded so we gave the virus ample room to rise once again. We essentially went back to life before Covid and Covid reminded us that it's still here. Add in the Delta variant as more adept at spreading and it was off to the races and into an uncertain fall/winter.

We let our foot off the gas basically.

Vaccinations won't inherently change case rates, but they will influence hospitalizations and deaths which is more important IMO. That data shows a clear pattern that the bulk of those are unvaccinated individuals and the elevated numbers we're seeing today are within that group.
We went away from these things because the vaccine was supposed to work plain and simple.

We went away from these things because the vaccine was supposed to work plain and simple.
And the vaccine is working as it's reducing what our hospitalizations and deaths could be - things are pretty bleak right now, but the unfortunate checkmarks we see within those categories are in the unvaccinated population. Doesn't mean that being vaccinated is some golden ticket as breakthroughs do happen, but the chance of such is reduced. Also doesn't mean we should treat unvaccinated people like lepers either as that just creates more disdain.

Our case counts are not going to go down unless we turn up the dial again to more rigid enforcement which, to be candid, would really suck for us all. I like not wearing a mask in a store, going out to dinner, attending a HS football game, etc., but realize that we can't wish this away and all the hopes and prayers aren't going to change anything unless we interject some course correction.

And the vaccine is working as it's reducing what our hospitalizations and deaths could be - things are pretty bleak right now, but the unfortunate checkmarks we see within those categories are in the unvaccinated population. Doesn't mean that being vaccinated is some golden ticket as breakthroughs do happen, but the chance of such is reduced. Also doesn't mean we should treat unvaccinated people like lepers either as that just creates more disdain.

Our case counts are not going to go down unless we turn up the dial again to more rigid enforcement which, to be candid, would really suck for us all. I like not wearing a mask in a store, going out to dinner, attending a HS football game, etc., but realize that we can't wish this away and all the hopes and prayers aren't going to change anything unless we interject some course correction.
Personally I'm just not afraid and will take my chances. I went through the worst of it unvaccinated, I'll survive the rest. If I don't, than I die. Something we all do. I'm refuse to live in fear and believe stupid propaganda like others(not you) that think a cough medicine is used for cuts

What was the political cause being promoted by the ivermectin scare? I suppose you could argue it promo0ted a public health cause, but that's not inherently political.

Given the option of "yes" or "no", "yes" is the more correct answer. Does a Stop sign get people to stop at an intersection? Between "yes" and "no", "yes" is more correct. Your quote supports my answer.
Heh, not in California it doesn't.

Personally I'm just not afraid and will take my chances. I went through the worst of it unvaccinated, I'll survive the rest. If I don't, than I die. Something we all do. I'm refuse to live in fear and believe stupid propaganda like others(not you) that think a cough medicine is used for cuts
It's entirely your right to do what you will with your own body. If your employer requires it or something like that or be tested weekly, you're an adult and can make up your own mind on what your next steps could look like and what matters most through your lens.

It's entirely your right to do what you will with your own body. If your employer requires it or something like that or be tested weekly, you're an adult and can make up your own mind on what your next steps could look like and what matters most through your lens.
Luckily I'm the boss but if I do have to follow the mandates it'll be a lot easier to get under 100 staff so unfortunately both vaccinated and unvaccinated are going to pay. I'm going to refuse until I can't anymore.

So that is your solution? No vaccines, no avoidance measures, because we all are going to die anyway? Wow, I'm glad I'm not in your RL world since you care so little about the people in your life, or your own life apparently. I'm 61, have chronic illnesses and live with a great deal of pain, and I still would rather live than die. A couple of shots and a mask have not been a terrible hardship up to this point, but I'd really like to go back to a normal life. People like you are preventing that, and I'm really tired of you trying to justify your ignorance and carelessness and lack of compassion. We get it - you don't care about this life. I took you off of ignore because I had hoped you had grown up a little, but enough is enough. I do not have the patience of Job or of One Brow.

Last edited:
A study, conducted by Mayo Clinic and Cambridge-based biotech company nference and posted in preprint MedRxiv last week, suggested that the Moderna vaccine’s effectiveness against the Delta variant fell to 76 percent and Pfizer’s dropped to 42 percent.
Which, if true, does not rebut that the current population getting infected is overwhelmingly unvaccinated.

are not using the "cuts and scrapes" version you absolute morons.
You know this because ... ? I agree that is you are going to gargle a useless medicine, you should choose one for gargling. However, betadine is much more common in the topical formulation than the gargling formulation, and I'm not sure how many people know of the latter.

Personally I'm just not afraid and will take my chances.
You're just another America-hating conservative, then.