What's new

Coronavirus

So
We ever figure out who threatened to kill a sitting president on this board? I for the life of me can't remember who that violent thug was. I could give some history of the guy but I don't care to as he was in bad shape and he was so terribly immature he blamed all his problems he created on another man not his blatant alcoholism, anger issues and addictions. I don't understand why you guys wont tell me who this violent thug was. Again he has to be banned because threating to kill a president is a federal offense. I'm guessing this guy is in jail now but hopefully he got help.

Last edited:
I honestly couldn’t tell you if the origin was from a bat, pangolins, raccoon dogs or any other creature but there is a possibility that it did. Just like there is a possibility that it came from a lab leak. No one has a definitive answer.
Sure... I think it's mathematically impossible that it came from a market 700 feet from a lab literally mutating mice with human lungs just to infect them with sars but I guess that's just me and many others that people like Fauci silenced.

Maybe if Biden would release the classified info that shows it most likely came from a lab according to our intelligence community that had 100% Democrat and Republican support to release, we would know more. For whatever reason he wont sign it.

Sure... I think it's mathematically impossible that it came from a market 700 feet from a lab literally mutating mice with human lungs just to infect them with sars but I guess that's just me and many others that people like Fauci silenced.

Maybe if Biden would release the classified info that shows it most likely came from a lab according to our intelligence community that had 100% Democrat and Republican support to release, we would know more. For whatever reason he wont sign it.
Yeah as of yesterday he hasn’t made a decision yet on signing off on it. To me it would have been an easy decision to sign off on it. Maybe theres a bit more to consider.

Even the lockdown happy mandate happy Australian government are now admitting they've had it wrong and modifying their advice. All you ****wits who mocked and villified people who called for a considered layered risk based approach to Covid vaccination can go shove your moral pontificating ******** up your clackers. The rest of the world outside your terminally corrupt CDC has recognized for some time the dangers and issues with these medications.

Im sure some of you still cannot grasp the immensely difficult concepts of age and at risk.

Again i ask are any of you honest enough to admit you've been wrong and apologise to those you abused ?? Unlikely i'd say

337169475_759490075608734_970233977456448422_n.jpg

• Hmmm
Reactions: MVP
Even the lockdown happy mandate happy Australian government are now admitting they've had it wrong and modifying their advice. All you ****wits who mocked and villified people who called for a considered layered risk based approach to Covid vaccination can go shove your moral pontificating ******** up your clackers. The rest of the world outside your terminally corrupt CDC has recognized for some time the dangers and issues with these medications.

The CDC website is not laid out so clearly, but their advice is not worlds different from ATAGI.

Im sure some of you still cannot grasp the immensely difficult concepts of age and at risk.

Again i ask are any of you honest enough to admit you've been wrong and apologise to those you abused ?? Unlikely i'd say

View attachment 14100
Not sure what your rant is about? 2020-2021 situation with COVID and vaccinations is completely different from 2023. I had 3 Pfizer vaccines. Last one 13 month ago 2 weeks before trip to Mexico. Am I getting 4th booster? No. Am I scared of side effects? No. I just do not see a need for it based on how virus mutated and how mild it is compared to initial variants.

Not sure what your rant is about? 2020-2021 situation with COVID and vaccinations is completely different from 2023. I had 3 Pfizer vaccines. Last one 13 month ago 2 weeks before trip to Mexico. Am I getting 4th booster? No. Am I scared of side effects? No. I just do not see a need for it based on how virus mutated and how mild it is compared to initial variants.
It’s part of his identity. He’s just too far down that rabbit hole it’s a lost cause.

Well, just speaking for myself, I have absolutely nothing to apologize for, in supporting the validity of the statement I quote below. And I abused absolutely nobody in pointing out this obvious concern, and on quite a few occasions in this thread. Not that you’re accusing me at all, of course….

“Long COVID can affect anyone of any age, including children and adolescents. Even if you had mild or no symptoms when you were first infected, you can be impacted by long COVID. For some, long COVID symptoms can be more severe than the acute COVID-19 infection itself”.

Worse symptoms than Covid itself, and quite enough to remove quality of life entirely. In fact, Long Covid destroys lives. It destroys quality of life. Quality of life is a fairly important thing for most humans. We don’t always have control over that, some are dealt really bad hands in life. From the get-go. And, some Covid sufferers, perhaps 1 in 8, perhaps more, wind up with quality of life issues. Issues that I’m guessing, since you have ignored these considered concerns whenever raised, are a non factor to you, when considering and describing the risks presented to people of every single age group by Covid. Simply put, Long Covid is the result for a not insignificant number of people of all age ranges. Last stat I saw was 65 million Long Covid victims worldwide.

Have I been wrong in suggesting Long Covid is a reasonably risky possibility in all age groups? Is that scare mongering? I really believed vaccines was a way to avoid Covid 19, and, in turn, the life destroying debilitation of Long Covid. But, naturally, people are always free to believe what they wish about all of this, from the craziest conspiracism theories to reasonable concerns about vaccine risk.

I do know that the extreme distrust of authoritative sources of knowledge, in so many areas of human knowledge, science, medical science, the facts of History, religious dogma, political norms, all is under assault to some degree, and contributed to conspiracism becoming a default thinking stance for many, and anti-vaccine sentiments in general are the specie of conspiracism most influential in the debates over how to deal with Covid.

Since I am no medical expert, I’m in no position to simply dismiss concerns over the vaccine, or age based issues regarding who should or should not be vaccinated. But, I’ve got experience studying the “Age of Conspiracy Theories”, just a pet term for our era, and at the least that trend has seeped into the conversation and reactions to Covid and government response to Covid.

And that growing irrationality among one American political party in particular, is a level of growing irrationality that is far more dangerous to our future than many Americans seem to realize. Especially in the merging of “Americanism”, that specie of extreme American nationalism(think Marjorie Greene as a vocal exponent of “Americanism”, or picture Trump hugging our flag, same thing being conveyed, in Trump’s case, a way of saying America and Trump are one and the same), and a highly distorted specie of Christianity, Americanized Christianity, behind the “America is a Christian nation” movement. Back in the mid 1800’s, the notion of Manifest Destiny demonstrated that the belief that God favored America was already present in our psyche.

In an age where conspiracism and distrust of authority is ascending, we should not be surprised if we have a political movement immersed in conspiracism at all levels, most certainly including vaccines, and government response to pandemics, and having now basically seriously infected a Republican Party. This Uber Americanized nationalistic Christianity could be the seeds of a broader fascist movement here….

Last edited:
I know this will probably get 1/10th the attention the incident at Stanford got. Nothing gets more attention these days than an obnoxious and entitled white repub playing the victim card. But this seems incredibly dangerous. Don’t just read the tweet. Listen to his solutions. They’re crazy and extremely damaging to anyone with work experience in public education. You’re just inviting the mob to threaten, intimidate, ruin, and hurt educators. Not that dissimilar from what DeSantis and Rufo have been doing for the last two years. He’s trying to wipe minorities off the map, stuff the LGBT community into the closet, and compel educators to toe a Christo-fascist line.

View: https://twitter.com/simonateba/status/1639786151639744514?s=46&t=QT7YFlZ_IlHq81PpZAhKgw

Turning America into Hungary is exactly what the American right wants to do. It cements their authoritarian power. Again, I know that students could’ve been more respectful of the *** judge. But the laws that are being passed to damage the academic freedom in public education is far more damaging.

Last edited:
Well, just speaking for myself, I have absolutely nothing to apologize for, in supporting the validity of the statement I quote below. And I abused absolutely nobody in pointing out this obvious concern, and on quite a few occasions in this thread. Not that you’re accusing me at all, of course….

“Long COVID can affect anyone of any age, including children and adolescents. Even if you had mild or no symptoms when you were first infected, you can be impacted by long COVID. For some, long COVID symptoms can be more severe than the acute COVID-19 infection itself”.

Worse symptoms than Covid itself, and quite enough to remove quality of life entirely. In fact, Long Covid destroys lives. It destroys quality of life. Quality of life is a fairly important thing for most humans. We don’t always have control over that, some are dealt really bad hands in life. From the get-go. And, some Covid sufferers, perhaps 1 in 8, perhaps more, wind up with quality of life issues. Issues that I’m guessing, since you have ignored these considered concerns whenever raised, are a non factor to you, when considering and describing the risks presented to people of every single age group by Covid. Simply put, Long Covid is the result for a not insignificant number of people of all age ranges. Last stat I saw was 65 million Long Covid victims worldwide.

Have I been wrong in suggesting Long Covid is a reasonably risky possibility in all age groups? Is that scare mongering? I really believed vaccines was a way to avoid Covid 19, and, in turn, the life destroying debilitation of Long Covid. But, naturally, people are always free to believe what they wish about all of this, from the craziest conspiracism theories to reasonable concerns about vaccine risk.

I do know that the extreme distrust of authoritative sources of knowledge, in so many areas of human knowledge, science, medical science, the facts of History, religious dogma, political norms, all is under assault to some degree, and contributed to conspiracism becoming a default thinking stance for many, and anti-vaccine sentiments in general are the specie of conspiracism most influential in the debates over how to deal with Covid.

Since I am no medical expert, I’m in no position to simply dismiss concerns over the vaccine, or age based issues regarding who should or should not be vaccinated. But, I’ve got experience studying the “Age of Conspiracy Theories”, just a pet term for our era, and at the least that trend has seeped into the conversation and reactions to Covid and government response to Covid.

And that growing irrationality among one American political party in particular, is a level of growing irrationality that is far more dangerous to our future than many Americans seem to realize. Especially in the merging of “Americanism”, that specie of extreme American nationalism(think Marjorie Greene as a vocal exponent of “Americanism”, or picture Trump hugging our flag, same thing being conveyed, in Trump’s case, a way of saying America and Trump are one and the same), and a highly distorted specie of Christianity, Americanized Christianity, behind the “America is a Christian nation” movement. Back in the mid 1800’s, the notion of Manifest Destiny demonstrated that the belief that God favored America was already present in our psyche.

In an age where conspiracism and distrust of authority is ascending, we should not be surprised if we have a political movement immersed in conspiracism at all levels, most certainly including vaccines, and government response to pandemics, and having now basically seriously infected a Republican Party. This Uber Americanized nationalistic Christianity could be the seeds of a broader fascist movement here….

lol ok could not care less about your conspiracy theory musings dude. Both sides of your political spectrum suck purple sweaty ballz.

My distrust of medical and "scientific" authorities has evolved from around 6-12 months into the pandemic entirely based on clear and repeated lies, blatant and deliberate misrepresentations and policy driven by narrative without basis in repeatable demonstrable facts or data, and the refusal to adapt to new evidence. Your governing health bodies are so comically inept or most likely corrupt. The CDC's website as of last week still asserts Covid vccination prevents transmission of the virus.

I cant see that i will regain respect or trust in these authorities anytime soon if at all and it is entirely their own doing not from some stealth rise in conspiracy nutters. Those nutters are out there as well, as much as the dumb self righteous pompous ****s who unquestioningly and enthusiastically went along with every bit of the ******** that has been trotted out for the last couple of years