What's new

Cousins signing with Warriors

Achilles injuries(like most injuries) are certainly tougher on older athletes. Not trying to downplay it as it will have a effect on him but Cousins is only 27, he still has hope. For a guy who's done a lot of head scratching things on the basketball court this might actually be the smartest thing he has done. He can take as much time to recover come back and could be just used as a role player on a team already stacked with talent.
It is worth noting to my knowledge, big guys who tear their Achilles never seem to be the same again. Cousins isn’t real old yet, so he may be okay, but he’s a big dude.

Achilles injuries(like most injuries) are certainly tougher on older athletes. Not trying to downplay it as it will have a effect on him but Cousins is only 27, he still has hope. For a guy who's done a lot of head scratching things on the basketball court this might actually be the smartest thing he has done. He can take as much time to recover come back and could be just used as a role player on a team already stacked with talent.

Dude is a huge skilled monster... Achilles stays attached and he will still be effective.

Who cares? Players can go where they want. I'm so tired of people crying about this stuff.
It's getting to the point where it doesn't matter what move you make if your team isn't in California, Texas, Boston or Florida you are screwed.
Look at the NFL, that league has a real salary cap, franchise tags and non guaranteed contracts. The teams that have the best coaches and GM's get to superbowls.
It's really not that hard to understand this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NBA has a hard cap, *******s. GSW must have been far enough under the apron to pull this off.

Bird rights are the only exception but GSW won't even be able to snt Boogie for a player on return next summer.

Last edited:
Cool. ESPN and Cousins are saying different than Jazzfanz. Cousins says he'll be ready by training camp. He's running right now. GG League

It makes them a better matchup for us... if they play him. If he’s ineffective they can bench him. It makes them more injury proof if he’s healthy... if one of their other stars gets hurt they can up his usage... he has largely been part of losing teams but he’s never had a great basketball situation... in NO the best player is another big... and Sacramento never had much around him and a new BS coach every year...

If he’s say 75%... with the space that team provides... he will be a terror.

It’s just dumb that they licked into to huge lucky cap situations because of the frickin spike... they got a superstar on the way up and an all star on the way down... reminds me of the real estate crash... some dudes got out after the rise and killed it with cash when it tanked.

It's getting to the point where it doesn't matter what move you make if your team isn't in California, Texas, Boston or Florida you are screwed.
Look at the NFL, that league has a real salary cap, franchise tags and non guaranteed contracts. The teams that have the best coaches and GM's get to superbowls.
It's really not that hard to understand this.

The NFL ****ing sucks ***.

Cousins hasnt helped a team win in his career. He's an overweight man child who uses possessions inefficiently and is coming off the worst injury in basketball.

Further this actually helps the Jazz matchup with Golden State. Jazz have always guarded Cousins well. He's also a fat lazy turd on defense WHEN NOT HAVING A RECENTLY TORN ACHILLES. I imagine that won't get much better.
Cousins never had problems with scoring on Rudy. What are you talking about?

Um. No, they are rated as the #1 sport revenue wise. Kinda sounds like they have it figured out.

And The Eagles greatest hits album is the best selling record of all time but it isnt better than Black Sabbath.

Cousins never had problems with scoring on Rudy. What are you talking about?
dude Rudy crushes Boogie into the dust when they play lol have you watched the games ?? He's scored but terribly inefficiently and then given up as the game has gone on

Hard cap, and no max contracts.

You want LeBron? Fine. Pay him $100M and build the rest of your roster with peanuts.
So what happens when Lebron and another star decide to take paycuts to join one team?

I don't like the max contract system, but to abolish it is assuming everyone is going to maximize their financial value through contracts when that might not be the case and it offers an even bigger advantage to teams who find stars willing to sacrifice.