What's new

DA/JZ Press Conference

Ehh, I don't think so. Chicago is a fading team. Gobert would have been a bandaid, but I think with all their injury concerns it wouldn't be a smart bet.

Chicago should be looking to do what Utah did soon

No, they literally should have traded for Gobert. They just signed LaVine and DeRozan to huge deals. They traded future picks to win now. Their front office is trash.

No, they literally should have traded for Gobert. They just signed LaVine and DeRozan to huge deals. They traded future picks to win now. Their front office is trash.
Yeah they should trade those guys next year when they lose in the first round like Utah did. That's why I compared them to Utah.

That could also be a diss. Some people insist on a certain name and are not happy if addressed differently. Robert/ Bobby, Charles/ Chuck. It can be a way to put a pretentious person in their place.

Or not
Don't forget Richard/Dick, Gordon/Dick, PK/Dick, Jessica/Karen, There are lots of options I've heard out there. People are mean when they want to be.

Yeah, but he went to that game in Boston. That PR hit we took by him being seen in the TD Garden in Boston colors... how are we going to survive that? What a bad look for rhe franchise. Can you imagine how much better he would have been if he watched that game from his office at Jazz HQ? He might have gotten like 12 unprotected picks for Rudy and Mitchell.

I said the Jazz had a running start with their assets. You seem to be missing how picks will be parlayed into trades that accelerate the rebuild. It is not just drafting and developing.

Future picks mean zero in terms of winning in the next 1-2 years unless you trade them. It’s really that simple, there has never been an unused pick that contributed to a win.

And don’t give me that straw man BS lol. You literally replied to my comment comparing the Jazz rebuild to HOU and OKC stating that it will take multiple years. You countered by saying they don’t have the picks that the Jazz do, which makes zero sense. Future picks don’t help you win games in the immediate future. It’s not difficult.

I’m pretty confident that a 2027 pick will not help you win in 2025 unless you trade it. If you think otherwise, I’m all ears.

I don't think the front office has any plans to keep every single pick they have between now and 2029. I'm sure some of them will be used in trades along the way to add good vet players to the roster. Maybe they will even package some of them at some point in a trade for a star.

I’m pretty confident that a 2027 pick will not help you win in 2025 unless you trade it. If you think otherwise, I’m all ears.
I mean it does give the Jazz more runway to draft a project like Gobert or Giannis if you know you still have a boatload of picks in the chamber instead of going all in on a win now Trey Burke.

I feel like the Jazz are starting the rebuild from the point we were at after we cashed out all of the Williams assets, and we still have more to liquidate and redeem, and haven't yet used ANY of the picks.

What we have on the roster is pretty close to the total realized value of "the core 4" with Hayward, Kanter, Burkes, and Favors while adding Burke and Exum. We were in the playoffs soon after that.

Unless the Cavaliers make the finals or win a championship in the next three seasons I don't think Donovan resigns there. The NBA salary cap is going to make a huge leap when the new CBA comes into effect so he basically has to opt out because he'll be eligible for a much larger max contract.

The Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Knicks, and Heat will probably all have a max slot for him when he does opt out.

Unless the Cavaliers make the finals or win a championship in the next three seasons I don't think Donovan resigns there. The NBA salary cap is going to make a huge leap when the new CBA comes into effect so he basically has to opt out because he'll be eligible for a much larger max contract.

The Clippers, Lakers, Nets, Knicks, and Heat will probably all have a max slot for him when he does opt out.
I think they trade him before he can bolt. They have two years to change his mind - not three.

I think they trade him before he can bolt. They have two years to change his mind - not three.
I disagree unless they just aren't good or one of their core players gets injured. I think that they take advantage of their potential championship window. They have Garland/Mobley secured for the foreseeable future and their ability to add another player like Donovan is gone since they dumped all of their draft assets. I think they go for it over the next three years while they have their core 4 under contract, even if Allen/Donovan dip they can either rebuild around Mobley/Garland or sell those two off to rebuild their asset base like we just did.

I disagree unless they just aren't good or one of their core players gets injured. I think that they take advantage of their potential championship window. They have Garland/Mobley secured for the foreseeable future and their ability to add another player like Donovan is gone since they dumped all of their draft assets. I think they go for it over the next three years while they have their core 4 under contract, even if Allen/Donovan dip they can either rebuild around Mobley/Garland or sell those two off to rebuild their asset base like we just did.
Maybe. I just don’t think they’re going to get to the finals (much less win a championship) in the next two years.

I think by year three at the trade deadline, they’re going to be looking to recoup some of what they spent and trade him to one of his top 3 destinations before he can opt out and sign elsewhere.