What's new

D'Angelo Russell

Brogdon >>> Russell and he's more obtainable.

Same with Bledsoe.

I soured on Bledsoe during the Boston series, but Bucks had a truly awful coach and Boston is a really good defensive team. The hate went to far. He's been friggin awesome this year. He's quite good at staying with the ball handler on pick and rolls and locking guys up that way... if you paired that with Rudy... whoa.

Bled
DM
Ingles
Gallo
Rudy

I'm fully erect.

I agree with Cy's statement and the trouble in acquiring him is either you have to overpay as mentioned by stitches or trade and then hope you can sign him to something closer to value or match something reasonable. You pay a premium for the name/draft pedigree. His teammate, Spencer Dinwiddie, is a much better player... but fought through injuries, being waived, etc. so he may not be viewed as better.

Russell's game last night is a good example... 22 and 13 is great... did it on 21 shots (4 turnovers is fine) but zero FT attempts... and pretty bad defense. That's a really good Russell game though. He's like Zach LaVine to me... kinda empty stats and doesn't always play winning basketball. If we got him at 17-19M a year in FA with no other acquisition costs then I'm cool with the gamble. Overpay him and that could go sideways quickly... give up assets in a trade and then have to overpay him and I think its horrendous.

Remember... there are some **** teams with cap space this year... no one will come cheap.

Sounds a whole lot like Utah's young phenom.

And Lavine>DM right now.

I soured on Bledsoe during the Boston series, but Bucks had a truly awful coach and Boston is a really good defensive team. The hate went to far. He's been friggin awesome this year. He's quite good at staying with the ball handler on pick and rolls and locking guys up that way... if you paired that with Rudy... whoa.

Bled
DM
Ingles
Gallo
Rudy

I'm fully erect.
Im no huge fan of Bledsoe, and he's another guy I don't think is a clear and obvious upgrade to Rubio, but he's better than Russell.

What if I told you there was a guy that is almost Russell exact same age... that is a more efficient scorer this year, but has some of the same knocks. This player also can be had for about half the price and has recently had a 9 game run where they put up 20 and 6 in 30 mins a game on 57% TS... you want him... how much would you pay a year for him?

No one responded to this... Go compare Russell to Mudiay and tell me how much you think Russell will get in FA and how much you think Mudiay will get.

Why does Russell have his own thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Locke had a long segment on his podcast about Russell being intriguing for the Jazz. He's shooting like 57% from the corners this year or something and pretty well on catch and shoot 3s. He specifically said he chose Russell because he's so un-Jazzlike that no one would accuse him of insider knowledge. He said he's more interested in finding the next Oladipo (high draft pick, played for bad teams/coaches, undervalued around the league). Then on today's podcast he said he's obsessed with Russell and that he was going to have a segment on him later on in the show, but he said he'd save his obsession for another day.

David Locke had a long segment on his podcast about Russell being intriguing for the Jazz. He's shooting like 57% from the corners this year or something and pretty well on catch and shoot 3s. He specifically said he chose Russell because he's so un-Jazzlike that no one would accuse him of insider knowledge. He said he's more interested in finding the next Oladipo (high draft pick, played for bad teams/coaches, undervalued around the league). Then on today's podcast he said he's obsessed with Russell and that he was going to have a segment on him later on in the show, but he said he'd save his obsession for another day.
He talked about him again?

Locke was the guy who started me souring on Russell when he talked about him last week (or the week before?).

The appeal for me with Russell is his age and how he would fit here (a large combo guard that can spread the floor, handle the ball, hit open guys, and take some scoring pressure off of DM [who I think really suffers from the load he shoulders often without any ****ing spacing]).

It’s time to put the Jazz’s unblemished culture to work.

He talked about him again?

Locke was the guy who started me souring on Russell when he talked about him last week (or the week before?).

Yup, he used the word "obsession" today. Unfortunately he ran out of time, so I couldn't tell if "obsession" means he's "enamored" or if it means he's obsessed with figuring out if he's actually good or not. I kind of think it's the former.

Yup, he used the word "obsession" today. Unfortunately he ran out of time, so I couldn't tell if "obsession" means he's "enamored" or if it means he's obsessed with figuring out if he's actually good or not. I kind of think it's the former.
Oh, I listened to it, and it's definitely the latter.

When he first brought him up a week or two ago, he came to the conclusion that he wasn't good.

Oh, I listened to it, and it's definitely the latter.

When he first brought him up a week or two ago, he came to the conclusion that he wasn't good.

I just re-listened to the end and yeah that's probably it. Earlier he talks about his obsession that he'll get to later, and at the end he doesn't have time and just says "We won't talk about D'Angelo Russell and my obsession with him. Big shot last night, bad shot, went in. I've never had a player who I should like less who I'm so intrigued by."

I just re-listened to the end and yeah that's probably it. Earlier he talks about his obsession that he'll get to later, and at the end he doesn't have time and just says "We won't talk about D'Angelo Russell and my obsession with him. Big shot last night, bad shot, went in. I've never had a player who I should like less who I'm so intrigued by."
Yeah, I feel the same way about him. I'm curious to see what his newest take on him is.

Some skills here tho.

If we didn't have Donovan Mitchell, I would not have interest in D'Angelo Russell. I'm not some Russell fanboy. I'm intrigued by Russell because of his fit next to Donovan. I feel that he does want to facilitate the offense more than drive and shoot a crazy high number of shots. His passes recently have really been eye opening and just imagine the damage he can do with these improvements:

Gobert instead of Allen
Favors/Crowder instead of Hollis-Jefferson
Ingles instead of Harris
Donovan instead of Dinwiddie

No offense to any of those guys, but the personnel here is so much better. His job would be so much easier.

Oh damn, I had not seen Russell's FTr stats. Yikes. That is concerning. I love his offensive creation and passing, as well as his shooting... and I do think he fits really well with Mitchell in theory. He's got PG feel and skills. But as I said earlier - he definitely has not done enough to deserve what it would probably take to get him. You will have to project a bit and you will have to trust in your development staff to refine his game and make him more efficient.