What's new

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

I don’t give a damn about what you wanted for public consumption. You think it’s ok to call someone a racist name just because it’s in private? You deserve to be called out. You are EXACTLY what you claim to be against. I don’t care how much research you’ve done now. You should have done that before you acted like an absolute *******.
You mean cracker. You're from Alabama, and you knee jerk attacked Floyd because of a prior criminal record instead of focusing on the outrageous behavior of the cops. And actually supported it by talking about the training they receive in the academy and how difficult their job is. But that doesn't excuse their treatment of Floyd as subhuman, likely because he was black. Maybe you're not a cracker but based on the side you took I felt it was racist, Mr. Cracker from Alabammy.

I probably should state my feelings about cops, so that people don't get the wrong impression. I only hate bad cops, and in fact, because law enforcement is such need of reform, we actually need to increase funding, and hire professional psychologists and social workers as part of the force, people who use their training to de-escalate situations rather than use brute force. We need to remove the animals who are currently part of law enforcement, like the creep who knocked over an old man during a protest in SLC, and he was not disciplined! That is totally unacceptable and that person should've been fired. Why no public outcry?

A cops job is protect us and we need people who value human life, not people like Chauvin who like to control people and impose their power by harming or killing them. These bad cops deserve our deepest contempt.

How many cops are bad cops? 50%? 80%? 99% 5%? This is very interesting to me to see responses on this, maybe I should make a poll. What percentage of cops do people think are just racist assholes baiting everyone they can so they can kill someone legally, and how many are just regular guys doing a very difficult job with poor tools and following their conscience the best they can?

You mean cracker. You're from Alabama, and you knee jerk attacked Floyd because of a prior criminal record instead of focusing on the outrageous behavior of the cops. And actually supported it by talking about the training they receive in the academy and how difficult their job is. But that doesn't excuse their treatment of Floyd as subhuman, likely because he was black. Maybe you're not a cracker but based on the side you took I felt it was racist, Mr. Cracker from Alabammy.
Again, you are exactly what you claim to be against and a sad excuse for a human being.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Kneeling on George Floyd's neck while he was handcuffed and in the prone position was "top-tier, deadly force" and "totally unnecessary," the head of the Minneapolis Police Department's homicide division testified Friday.

"If your knee is on a person's neck, that can kill him," said Lt. Richard Zimmerman, adding that when a person is handcuffed in the prone position, "your muscles are pulling back ... and if you're laying on your chest, that's constricting your breathing even more."

Zimmerman also testified at Derek Chauvin's murder trial that once Floyd was handcuffed, he saw "no reason for why the officers felt they were in danger, if that's what they felt, and that's what they would have to feel to be able to use that kind of force."

"So in your opinion, should that restraint have stopped once he was handcuffed and thrown on the ground?" Prosecutor Matthew Frank asked.

"Absolutely," Zimmerman replied.

I think this is extraordinarily damning to the defense. You've got to imagine that the jury is going to weigh this testimony very heavily in considering weather or not Chauvin's behavior was in-line with standard police procedures. It clearly was not.

This is the definition of 3rd degree murder in Minnesota

Whoever, without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life, is guilty of murder in the third degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 25 years.

I think that this case easily satisfies that criteria and wouldn't rule out 2nd degree yet at all.

Ok, but why? This evidence speaks directly to the point that he murdered Floyd and showed intent by keeping his knee on Floyd's neck AFTER he was dead.
I would respond, mentioning that I am unable to justify something I disagree with, but... you're on a 6 mo ban, anyway.

How many cops are bad cops? 50%? 80%? 99% 5%? This is very interesting to me to see responses on this, maybe I should make a poll. What percentage of cops do people think are just racist assholes baiting everyone they can so they can kill someone legally, and how many are just regular guys doing a very difficult job with poor tools and following their conscience the best they can?
I would guess between 5 and 10% are the bad kind

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Well, as usual, The Thriller and Eenie-Meenie are putting things in an extreme light, but if you go looking for videos of police training and seminars, you'll see a lot "us vs. them" and "establish control" being emphasized over more than "respect and protect".

Common trend of us and them in any paramilitary organisation. Establish control and maintain the initiative are fundamentals in managing fluid high risk environments and confrontations.

Even if it is 5 or 10% it doesn't really matter when it's readily obvious the other 90-95% at best aren't willing to do anything about them and at worst aid and abet them.

Even if it is 5 or 10% it doesn't really matter when it's readily obvious the other 90-95% at best aren't willing to do anything about them and at worst aid and abet them.
That is the big issue. I have talked to officers who claim there is no Blue Wall of Silence anymore, but whether that's true or not is another story, and I'm not sure how they'll gain the public trust to convince people it isn't true anymore, especially when all it takes is a few cops to not report things and for it to blow up in their faces.

Common trend of us and them in any paramilitary organisation. Establish control and maintain the initiative are fundamentals in managing fluid high risk environments and confrontations.
Is it necessary, though?

The better question is how many cops are taught poorly and put into a culture where they face few consequences for over-reacting?

I genuinely think most cops start out with ideas of service, but these things build in them over time.

The better question is how many cops are taught poorly and put into a culture where they face few consequences for over-reacting?

I genuinely think most cops start out with ideas of service, but these things build in them over time.
This is a very good post