What's new

Does Burks deserve to be a starter yet?

I like Jefferson's 3 point-shooting in the starting lineup. Burks can shoot the three but that's not his main weapon. He needs the ball more and Trey and Gordon will dominate it.

I like Jefferson's 3 point-shooting in the starting lineup. Burks can shoot the three but that's not his main weapon. He needs the ball more and Trey and Gordon will dominate it.

This is true and i agree, but we have no idea what would happen with trey, alec, gordon, derrick, enes starting together.
Maybe you would like that even more!.... no way to find out though :(

Love the way he's playing, but he does provide a necessary punch off the bench. AND he will get the ball more in the 2nd unit, when he's not playing with G-Hay.

18/6/6 on 45% shooting is inefficient?

Those are his last 10 games btw. If you'd like to go further back, he's shooting 44.6% for the months of December and January. I'd hardly consider that inefficient.

He has been using a possession below the league average. Last year he was way above league average.

I understand the argument that Burks off the bench helps give the second unit a legitimate scorer. However, by human nature ambitious people want to move up in life. Players like Burks that have swagger and confidence in themselves, don't come into this league with the goal of being a career backup, they want to start, they want to be on the court when the game is on the line. If the Jazz continue having Burks come off the bench, I think Burks takes this as an insult (I would, knowing that I'm better or just as good as guys starting in front of me like Hayward and Jefferson) and will bolt the first opportunity he has. Let him start...he has earned it.

seriously if you qoute bane. qoute it right

PEACE HAS
COST YOU YOUR STRENGHT, VICTORY DEAFEATED YOU!

Yes, I purposefully changed it to "these" (meaning W's playing non-core players) has defeated you (not developing players and losing out on a good draft pick).

And I'm pretty sure it is strength and defeated. I think deafeated is when you get eaten by a deaf guy.

On another note, I just noticed we have one of the worst defenses in the league. I remember DL stating Corbin would be judged on defense, etc. not Wins/Losses. I just hope when judgment day comes, DL gives Corbin two choices: Death or Exile!

Burks as a starting SG (3 games)

23.3 ppg (54% fg, 29% 3pt, 76% ft)
3.66 ast (1.3 to, 2.82 ast/to)
4.33 rebs

Why do Hay and Trey need to dominate the ball? Hay has developed a nice off-the-ball game + is BETTER in spot-up situations. Trey is great in spot-up 3 situations + can play traditional PG (where he gets Burks the ball in his spots).

I see absolutely no reason Hay, Trey, and Burks can't share the floor with success.

The argument that our bench needs Burks is also pretty stupid if we aren't trying to win a bunch of games.

No, he still hasn't paid his dues. Jefferson and Williams have been in the league a lot longer. The young 'uns need to learn to follow the example of the veterans who know how to play hard. Let Burks continue to make meal runs until he's at least 30.
Got a neg rep from LunaticWolf on this one. Obviously he has to have the word SARCASM printed out and bolded in any post that is made, even when it is so outrageous and, IMO, pretty obvious (seriously, meal runs until 30?).

Got a neg rep from LunaticWolf on this one. Obviously he has to have the word SARCASM printed out and bolded in any post that is made, even when it is so outrageous and, IMO, pretty obvious (seriously, meal runs until 30?).

Negged for being a consistently obnoxious, tired, worn out cliche machine and then whining about getting negged for it.

Well, damn, I've given out too much red in 24 hours.