What's new

Does Lauri Get Traded?

Does Lauri Get Dealt Before The Season Starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cite and/or elaborate plz
“I want to win. Let’s put it this way, it’s a longwinded way of saying that it if it is a situation where you’re a bottom feeder and it’s just because you want to stay there, I’d have a hard time with that. But I don’t think that’s going to be the reality.”

“I want to win. Let’s put it this way, it’s a longwinded way of saying that it if it is a situation where you’re a bottom feeder and it’s just because you want to stay there, I’d have a hard time with that. But I don’t think that’s going to be the reality.”

LFG

You know he’s already said the same thing to them privately and this is him notching up the pressure, too.

I doubt we view Lauri that differently. It might be our view of Keyonte that may be the most different. Not that I don't like him but his on/off numbers were putrid... not surprising for a rookie lead guard. Even if he takes a leap he will still be very much a guy that helps you lose more than he helps you win. He'd have to take a few steps to really push winning.

I just think young players are detrimental to winning... even when solid. I think Key/Taylor are firmly in the rotation. I'd guess Cody gets some spot minutes and Flip too. Once you move Kessler or Clarkson I think Collier/Flip/Brice are regular rotation pieces. Its almost not a choice by Hardy at that point. He may play Bazley or Juzang more but those guys are kind of developing as well.

The west is just so tough... remove 1 of Sexton and Kessler and we are almost surely bottom 5... remove 1 of the JCs and I think chances are pretty good you are bottom 5.
I definitely view the young guys the same. I like Keyonte but he would have to take a huge jump to be a winning player most nights. I'm looking at year 3 for that hopefully. It is a possibility though he takes a jump. I tend to look at the optimistic side of things since I'm a fan for that reason.

I view Lauri as a legit all NBA level player who could be your 1a/b on a championship team though. Although that would require high level 3-5 players. I think he just needs a little help and could really carry the team to at least play in. All he needs is a decent guard and some solid role players. That's within this teams grasp.

I think if Sexton keeps playing well and gets more minute and/or Keyonte takes a bigger jump than expected we win a lot more than expected.

Also typing this from the airport lounge after 6 whiskeys hoping to pass out on a red eye flight.

I prefer Kuminga to Podz straight up. I'm not over the moon on Kuminga, but his star potential is certainly higher. Not afraid of the situation where he's too good and ruins our tank and also not afraid of a potential situation where we might overpay him. If we were in the Warriors cap situation and trying to win now, it could be different. But we'd be on the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Also, I love Moody. We should get him.

I have no idea why Lauri would prefer to go to GS. The team would be gutted and no way to improve their aging roster. They would be a playoff team if healthy but not a competitive one. Green has already fallen off and will continue. Steph is still elite but I am not sure that is enough to do much and they are 1 Steph injury away from out of the playoffs and wont have their own pick. He is better building something here. If he cares about winning then he would not sign an extension and sign as a FA with a team and give up the extra money. That way the team isnt gutted to trade from him. Or wait it out and build with Utah.

Personally I would not trade him for any package GS can or is offering. The only way I would feel slightly okay is if GS gives up every pick, swap, and young player we want. But I doubt they do that. So I think he stays since its a bad move to trade him.

That said I dont think we are a bottom 5 this year with Lauri, Sexton, and others. We are better than last year. Last year we were awful at the Guard positions for about the first half of the year. I think that part is likely solved. Sexton is drastically improved from the start of last year. I think Clarkson likely has a bounce back season, especially since I think he goes back to his role he is used to. I think its clear that Keyonte is improved. Not having THT get major minutes is a plus. Kessler will be improved. Collins improved a lot across last season despite being in a bad role for him. I think he has continued to learn and will be better after an off season with the staff. The 1st and 2nd year guys will be up and down but a few of them have a chance to actually contribute to winning.

Post trades last year should not really be looked at. The team went full tank and the players quit. They also benched a lot of guys and made it clear we wanted to lose and thats what happened. We lost a couple guys but I dont think that matters too much and the improvements from our other players is bigger than the loss of those guys. I think we are a borderline play in team again unless there is more trades with a chance to be even better if we have a breakout performance from a young guy.

Sexton would be the player to move to drop off but I dont think his value is high around the league. He also could take another jump and/or play like he did in the second half with more minutes and really be a difference maker. His value would jump up big time or make himself a keeper. If he can improve passing even more and play with Lauri better that could win a lot of games.
Agree. If we’re going to trade Lauri, we’ve got to find a better offer than what the Warriors can give us. We already have many young players with good potential. If Lauri is moved, we do it for the 2025 and 2026 drafts to get more young players, hopefully even better ones. I’m not high on Kuminga or Podz. Get more picks and tank with the kids we have. I mean I wouldn’t trade Lauri, but who knows if Danny wants to do it.

It will be tough to be much worse at guard than we were to start the season last year. The Hunger Games method ended up yielding a bunch of me first play. It was awful. That said… we have offloaded 3 of our top +- guys from last year in Tech Dunn KO. I think the over under of 27.5 is pretty spot on right now. Move one vet and our rotation will be made up of 40-50% developing players and we can end up firmly bottom 5
I wouldn’t like to take any chances when it comes to tanking the upcoming season. Whether we move Lauri or not, we should try to trade Sexton, Clarkson, and Collins if we’re serious about the 2025 draft. Danny has to get creative. Although even so, I’m afraid he may not be able to find teams who want them. He could trade Kessler but not sure he wants to do it.

Having a good player on a rookie contract is great…it’s just not the same when you’re tanking. For teams with an extreme cap crunch, solid production on a small amount of salary is vital. It’s one of the reasons why a Kessler trade makes sense. His contract means so much more for a team trying to win now and with salary concerns. For a tanking team with no salary concerns, not so much.

We can hyper fixate on very specific scenarios that make Kuminga doomsday (including when he’s good apparently)…but considering all possibilities, we’re in a great position to bring in Kuminga and see how he does playing for his next contract.

You do not have to take a blood oath to automatically give him a bad deal. The fear of making a bad decision on him would be like not wanting draft picks because we might make a bad decision.

Having a good player on a rookie contract is great…it’s just not the same when you’re tanking. For teams with an extreme cap crunch, solid production on a small amount of salary is vital. It’s one of the reasons why a Kessler trade makes sense. His contract means so much more for a team trying to win now and with salary concerns. For a tanking team with no salary concerns, not so much.

We can hyper fixate on very specific scenarios that make Kuminga doomsday (including when he’s good apparently)…but considering all possibilities, we’re in a great position to bring in Kuminga and see how he does playing for his next contract.

You do not have to take a blood oath to automatically give him a bad deal. The fear of making a bad decision on him would be like not wanting draft picks because we might make a bad decision.
  • Podz was better as a rookie than Kuminga was as a 3rd year player
  • Pod is a more universal fit, which does matter when you are team building
  • Having a guy on a rookie contract vs a guy on a max when the rookie contract player is better is the same across the board. It's better.

• Podz was better as a rookie than Kuminga was as a 3rd year player
  • Pod is a more universal fit, which does matter when you are team building
  • Having a guy on a rookie contract vs a guy on a max when the rookie contract player is better is the same across the board. It's better.

Eh….I wouldn’t say Podz was better than Kuminga. I don’t really have anything bad to say about Podz except that he was very inefficient especially given his offensive load, but Kuminga had a really good year especially after his slow start. They are basically the same age and I think Kuminga has more room for growth as a less polished product.

Podz is very portable across different teams and that is something he has over Kuminga atm.

Rookie contract is also better across the board, never contested that. But it’s significantly more important for a win now team with cap issues than a tanking team with no long term money.

Podz is a really nice player, but Kuminga is also a really nice prospect and we would be in a great position to take a chance on him. I see more upside potential with Kuminga and if we’re in complete tank mode I value that most.

Back