What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Trump is expected to retain a private attorney, Marc Kasowitz, to represent him in the federal investigations into Russian collusion with his campaign and the subsequent possibility of obstruction of justice. The Kasowitz hire would eliminate Joe Lieberman as a leading candidate for FBI director since Kasowitz and Lieberman are partners in the same law firm, a huge conflict of interest.

Trump is expected to retain a private attorney, Marc Kasowitz, to represent him in the federal investigations into Russian collusion with his campaign and the subsequent possibility of obstruction of justice. The Kasowitz hire would eliminate Joe Lieberman as a leading candidate for FBI director since Kasowitz and Lieberman are partners in the same law firm, a huge conflict of interest.

Trump needs good lawyers, for sure. Probably the best already work for Hillary, considering how she prances through the tulips, metaphorically speaking. Nobody wants to investigate her or the connections she has, or the money trail to her accounts. Dems make good lawyers because since Obama the judges are Dems too.

I'd say if Trump trusts Joe Lieberman or Marc Kasowitz with his legal neck, he's a bit naïve, still. Still, maybe he thinks it will cool the attacks because he's throwing dems out in front. I don't think so......

Trump needs good lawyers, for sure. Probably the best already work for Hillary, considering how she prances through the tulips, metaphorically speaking. Nobody wants to investigate her or the connections she has, or the money trail to her accounts. Dems make good lawyers because since Obama the judges are Dems too.

I'd say if Trump trusts Joe Lieberman or Marc Kasowitz with his legal neck, he's a bit naïve, still. Still, maybe he thinks it will cool the attacks because he's throwing dems out in front. I don't think so......
Not sure why you think Kasowitz is a Democrat. I’ve never seen or read anything to that effect. Anyway, Kasowitz has represented Trump on other matters for about fifteen years. Here’s a good background article on him:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-24/trump-s-go-to-lawyer-kasowitz-a-pit-bull-loyal-to-the-boss

Just a note: Despite your inflated opinion of your own brilliance, you actually told me all I'll ever really need to know, in terms of ever taking you seriously at all is concerned(as in never) when you actually recommended the writings of Helga Zepp-Larouche, she of the Satanic climate change swindle.

Double down on your ignorance if you wish. To the political "left" or those with visons of an actually important United Nations, the Carbon tax is the objective. It doesn't matter if we have an Ice Age ahead or a return to a Carboniferous geological epoch to ideologues who will use whatever horrific scenarios they can conjure up to advocate some solution that requires funding world government. Massive redistribution of wealth is the dream, with the "leaders" of the new world particularly benefitting.

George HW Bush didn't like Lyndon LaRouche, neither did Winston Churchill. I believe he was once a bit of a communist, then a labor activist, and somewhere along his road he found the world's leaders being overly partisan to oligarchs. Helga is oh maybe almost thirty years younger and is picking up the torch. I consider the LaRouche movement to be ideologues as well, with some of the problems that entails. But it is worthwhile to read their literature because they are articulate, and they do look for reasons why the political people do what they do.

Helga is a Catholic believer, and in the context of that faith there is sometimes the issue of "Satanic" possession wherein Priests undertake to exorcise some demon. I have no experience or expertise on the subject, and even though sometimes it is a topic on Coast to Coast, I don't think we have Siro's ideal of rational materialism in evidence to prove the case. And so, as in all subjects beyond the reach of our ability to produce and reproduce objective data, we cannot prove or disprove the thesis. I find her comment a bit Hillaresque, as comparable to Hillary's demonization of all the "deplorables" who don't see the light she sees.

I have written elsewhere some of my concerns about the science on climate change being political and pressing the evidence to the political cause.

There is justifiable skepticism about the scope, bias, and conclusions put forth by the government-financed "science".

I might accept the data on temperatures across recent decades and recognize that there has been a rise of about 2 degrees F coupled with a rise in ambient CO2, but we have experienced fairly large changes like this in epochs before we "invented" fire. I believe there could be other factors of more significance;, perhaps related to earth's trajectory through not-entirely empty space, with fluxes in hydrogren gas with or without reduced carbon gases, or energetic ionized particles. We do know of huge variations of such materials in space, having the density or size required to occlude vision of beyond. Other possibilities are variations of the earth's core nuclear heat-generating activity which could conceivably warm the ocean floor and cause outgassing of dissolved CO2, or actual volcanic emissions. I have yet to see scientific reports capable of quantifying such factors, and to date they are mostly ignored or minimized with dismissive assumptions.

But even if Climate Change is as portrayed by our concerned politically-correct and well-recompensed and fully accredited government-compliant professionals, the Carbon Tax is not a solution to the problem.

We have non-Carbon energy prospects that are becoming economical even now. Large scale exploitation of geothermal and solar power are particularly interesting at the moment. Research on industrial prototypes of "Cold Fusion", now discussed as "LENR"(Low Energy Nuclear Reactions), is underway, as the fact of cold fusion is now established scientifically. Problems with reproducibility have been reduced. One factor that made early experiments non-reproducible involved trace impurities in the palladium or other electrode materials. Beryllium doping at a fraction of a percent is apparently beneficial. Other elements are apparently not.

I favor nuclear developments in power generation generally with multiple safety measures including a potential-energy-based sort of measure that will automatically eject the nuclear accelerator rods if the positive safety measures become incapacitated.

Fusion reactors are also seeing some progress towards utility.

So I see no need to turn out the lights on planet earth and return to the dark ages technologically. There is so much we can do to replace carbon energy, and I for one would love to see all that happen.

The LaRouche groupies have been trying to promote such developments, along with the idea of better avenues of transportation, such as the Silk Road. Unlike a fully-blindered ideologue, as many totally dedicated political activists are, I read opinions of people across the world, and across the spectrum.

Here is one who knows the LaRouches:

Lyndon LaRouche and The Muslim World - Schiller Institute
www.schillerinstitute.org/conf-iclc/2007/landbridge_c... Proxy *Highlight
Ahmed Kedidi ... Dr. Kedidi is a professor at Doha University in Qatar, a former Member of ... Here is the translation of the written text of his speech to the Schiller ... a professor at Qatar University and political analyst on al-Jazeera and different Arab ... of Lyn and Helga for the new Silk Road and for Islam's entry into history.

https://www.schillerinstitute.org/index.html

https://www.schillerinstitute.org/conf-iclc/2007/landbridge_conf_kedidi.html

https://www.schillerinstitute.org/conf-iclc/2007/landbridge_conf_kedidi.html

I consider even some of the things people like Red have to say, when they are not doing the full-Ayers in slinging totally bizarre falsehood about other people.

Last edited:
Not sure why you think Kasowitz is a Democrat. I’ve never seen or read anything to that effect. Anyway, Kasowitz has represented Trump on other matters for about fifteen years. Here’s a good background article on him:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-24/trump-s-go-to-lawyer-kasowitz-a-pit-bull-loyal-to-the-boss

hmmm.... voting booths are pretty private I guess. Nobody's saying he's a Republican. Still, the son of scrap metal dealer would figure R, but Yale and Cornell and Connecticut and his name says D. I think 15 years ago and perhaps until about now, I'd guess Trump is a dem, really. If you find him a bit of a Populist, that's a dem indicator in my book, yah know. The Party of the People not the Party of Wallstreet.

Most of the lawyers I know, many of them relatives, are democrats for sure.

LOL!!!

We seem to have a few of those around here, different types too - the angry drunk, the benevolent drunk, the sympathetic drunk, the tearful drunk, etc.

Somebody needs to give Red a hug.

He believed he could convert me into a blindered ideologue cowed by fantastic unprovable truths like deterministic historical political progress and opinions based on CNN "reporting".

Now he's blubbering in his beer.

Here's the world Red lives in:

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Former Rhode Island Democratic Party Chairman Bill Lynch has lined up a new part-time job as the paid political attack dog for the state Democratic Party against the national Republican agenda.
Lynch’s as yet undisclosed salary will be paid by the state Democratic Party and the Democratic National Committee, according to a statement issued by Rep. Joseph McNamara of Warwick, the current state party chairman. Lynch’s title: special adviser and spokesman"

https://www.providencejournal.com/n...c-party-leader-hired-for-anti-trump-offensive

I think the Dem campaign to overturn the 2016 Presidential election is the first serious attempt of it's kind. This, from the party of Hillary who last October?, the last debate on TV, made a big thing about whether Trump would accept the results of the election.

makes words like "hypocritical" trite and meaningless because of the blind unthinking rage partisans are sometimes overcome with.

If the push to remove Trump fails, the next thing will be riots I guess. Great democracy, eh?

OL, this is a rehash of old news. The exact two meetings he's already been questioned about the committee on the Russian links. He answered their questions then. He said he did not include them in his reply to the question that explicitly asked if he had contacts where the campaign was discussed. The answer was "no". It was conversation about normal concerns which legislators often discuss with foreign visitors of some rank.

He initially listed these meetings in filling out his security clearance form, but was advised by (one of Comey's FBI agents) an expert on the security clearance issues to take them out because ordinary meetings required by his government position do not need to be listed.

Can you imagine, say, an ICE agent filling out his security clearance form needing to list thousands of people who walked by him at the bridge showing him their papers for entry?

Or any congressman or Senator who had to disclose every contact with any non-citizen for any reason, at every international summit or every official delegation of visitors.

Common sense says this would be stupid.

CNN is the King of Stupid.

OL, this is a rehash of old news. The exact two meetings he's already been questioned about the committee on the Russian links. He answered their questions then. He said he did not include them in his reply to the question that explicitly asked if he had contacts where the campaign was discussed. The answer was "no". It was conversation about normal concerns which legislators often discuss with foreign visitors of some rank.

He initially listed these meetings in filling out his security clearance form, but was advised by (one of Comey's FBI agents) an expert on the security clearance issues to take them out because ordinary meetings required by his government position do not need to be listed.

Can you imagine, say, an ICE agent filling out his security clearance form needing to list thousands of people who walked by him at the bridge showing him their papers for entry?

Or any congressman or Senator who had to disclose every contact with any non-citizen for any reason, at every international summit or every official delegation of visitors.

Common sense says this would be stupid.

CNN is the King of Stupid.

I just saw it on twitter so I thought it was new news.

hmmm.... voting booths are pretty private I guess. Nobody's saying he's a Republican. Still, the son of scrap metal dealer would figure R, but Yale and Cornell and Connecticut and his name says D. I think 15 years ago and perhaps until about now, I'd guess Trump is a dem, really. If you find him a bit of a Populist, that's a dem indicator in my book, yah know. The Party of the People not the Party of Wallstreet.

Most of the lawyers I know, many of them relatives, are democrats for sure.
I read your original point as being that Kasowitz is a Democrat and that Trump would want a prominent Democrat representing him as his lead attorney to “cool the attacks”. I think the latter part of the supposition is actually true; if his attorney really were a top Democrat, say like David Boies of Bush v. Gore fame, it would be great PR to have him representing Trump’s interests. Problem is there is no indication whatsoever that Kasowitz is a Democrat and you can be sure Trump would play that for all it’s worth if he were.

Somebody needs to give Red a hug.

He believed he could convert me into a blindered ideologue cowed by fantastic unprovable truths like deterministic historical political progress and opinions based on CNN "reporting".

Now he's blubbering in his beer.

"Deterministic historical political progress". Not sure where you're getting that from. I used to think that maybe mankind is an evolutionary dead end. It seems like our strength, our "intelligence" may be more our fatal flaw. I don't see other animals having the problems that the development of civilization has created for us. If there is a best case situation for humanity, I think it would be living in small groups, no more then a few million of us on the planet. And definitely no civilization, or organized religion. Shamanism is fine, our self reflection guarantees we will search for meaning in life, and shamans serve as the spiritual practitioners who help their people find that meaning. Myself, I had a near death experience at age 59, from a heart attack, and have been trying to process it ever since. I saw that we are spiritual beings, beings of light, on a human journey, but I understand that I live in a human world where too few people seem to realize that, and I live in a tinsel, materialistic, consumer oriented society many of whose members seem to live for no higher purpose whatsoever. I don't see progress in that. At any rate, I look at American civilization as more akin to the nadir of human development, not something that reflects progress. A materialistic society whose members are focused on consumerism. I can't possibly regard that as progress of any kind. It's why I look at a people like the Kogi as a people who can see far more clearly then we that everything about our civilization and life style is screwed up. So "deterministic historical political progress" seems like the furthest thing from reality to me. More like it's been downhill since the mythical garden of Eden. I think our political leaders would likely benefit from a short trip into space. I think that because of the so-called overview effect. I suspect it would help if our political leaders could experience something like that.

https://qz.com/496201/astronauts-re...ravel-and-you-can-replicate-it-here-on-earth/

BTW, not that it really matters, but the link you left for the Providence Journal article appears to be broken...

Finally found the hard evidence of collusion between Russia and the president!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

ooh wait sorry, wrong president never mind!

In what world is the statement "After my election I have more flexibility" not a reality? For any politician?

Do you think Obama and Hillary are criminals and Trump is innocent?

government is legalized criminality!

all of em are criminals.

but so far trump is the lesser of all evils!

i am a libertarian, i think most tax are theft.
it hink voting in it's current condition is wrong, and iniatiation of force!

i never vote.

but if i had to chose or people chose for me! I'd they chose the path of least tyranny and least criminality!

and yes obama is more tyranical then trump! aka gov healthvcare is tyrany! gun control is tyranny! common core is tyranny(yes i know bush started it)

i have my criticism of trump, but it is nothing compared to these fabricated criticism so why bother stating it!

It's kinda ironic that Trump himself doesn't pay any tax......

DAtipK3WsAEdMVj.jpg:large