What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

I read something (dont know if its true or not) that said that 97% of federal cases end in a conviction and that part of the reason for that is because a federal judge will only sign off on the indictment if there is a really good amount of evidence of a crime.

I read something (dont know if its true or not) that said that 97% of federal cases end in a conviction and that part of the reason for that is because a federal judge will only sign off on the indictment if there is a really good amount of evidence of a crime.
In a general sense, only 2% go to trial. About 90 to 95% plead Guilty and remainder have the charges drop (can't find a hard source on this). Of those that go to trial, I don't know. Generally speaking, most cop a plea and call it good.

Here are the crimes (general allegations lol) that are listed on the 44 page unsealed indictment document for those who care:

The indictment lists 37 counts in all against Trump:

31 counts of willful retention of classified documents
1 count of conspiracy to obstruct justice
1 count of withholding a document or record
1 count of corruptly concealing a document or record
1 count of concealing a document in a federal investigation
1 count of scheme to conceal
and one count of making false statements and representations

Soon to follow will be indictments from DC related to January 6th and indictments from georgia related to election interference/tampering.

GA probably. Donald being caught on tape telling the Sec. of State to "find him" 11k votes is asking for it. I don't think we'll see anything on Jan. 6.
Also I believe they have evidence that he tried to send fake electors as well.
If you are right about january 6th then that is too bad. I think that is the worst thing he has done (so far). If he doesn't hold a rally that day and say what he said then multiple people who died are most likely still alive. Not to mention the international embarrassment of that debacle.

From what I have seen from trumpers it seems like they are getting extra misinformation lately. Im wondering if the falling out between trump and fox news and the firing of tucker has made them get their news from an even less trustworthy source now. Im thinking trumpers stopped watching fox news for their info and now just get it from truth social. I mean its got the word truth right in the name and is owned by the most honest person ever so how could it lead them astray.

If he doesn't hold a rally that day and say what he said then multiple people who died are most likely still alive.
Maybe, or maybe it saved lives if the most radical elements are as dangerous as some on JF allege. A not insignificant number of the most rabid supporters were there that day because of that rally, and they are now incarcerated for years. How sure are you that if we didn't have a January 6th event, that those followers being dispersed in society is less risky or that Trump wouldn't have a better shot in 2024 of getting elected?

I don't think we'll see anything on Jan. 6.
I agree with you but likely not for the same reasons you believe that. I think the DNC's FBI and DOJ want a damaged Trump on the ballot. Going forward with the January 6th prosecution carries a risk of disqualification via participation in an insurrection. If that happened, it would clear the way for the much more electable-in-the-general DeSantis, who beats Biden in nearly every head-to-head poll. The FBI and DOJ have effectively seized control of the government by installing a figurehead President who lacks the mental ability to challenge them. They won't Eff that up by boosting DeSantis by disqualifying Trump.

Maybe, or maybe it saved lives if the most radical elements are as dangerous as some on JF allege. A not insignificant number of the most rabid supporters were there that day because of that rally, and they are now incarcerated for years. How sure are you that if we didn't have a January 6th event, that those followers being dispersed in society is less risky or that Trump wouldn't have a better shot in 2024 of getting elected?
We also should have thanked Charles Manson for getting those murderers together in his cult and having them murder people so they got caught and imprisoned instead of still being out on the streets lol. Nice logic.

On the other hand if trump never even runs for president in the first place to create the cult of MAGA then maybe those folks never got so riled up and never go to jail or cause any trouble

I agree with you but likely not for the same reasons you believe that. I think the DNC's FBI and DOJ want a damaged Trump on the ballot. Going forward with the January 6th prosecution carries a risk of disqualification via participation in an insurrection. If that happened, it would clear the way for the much more electable-in-the-general DeSantis, who beats Biden in nearly every head-to-head poll. The FBI and DOJ have effectively seized control of the government by installing a figurehead President who lacks the mental ability to challenge them. They won't Eff that up by boosting DeSantis by disqualifying Trump.
Lol.