What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Since the Attorney General works for the President and Trump is a political rival of the President the Special Counsel is supposed to provide separation and independence to the investigations. The Special Counsel will oversee all federal criminal investigations. So none of the state level stuff and none of the civil stuff.
Seems like a good thing. Thanks for the info.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
Seems like a good thing. Thanks for the info.
Oh I should add that once you've assigned a special counsel they basically can't be shut down or redirected by the President or the Attorney General. They are in charge of pursuing the investigation until they think there is no where else to go with it. If they uncover new crimes or avenues of investigation they can follow those and initiate charges if they see fit. If their evidence uncovers crimes by other people besides Trump they can charge those other people.

That's my understanding anyway. If I'm wrong I'd be happy for someone to correct my info.

Red

What is that just appointed special council for? is that for sexual assault trial? stolen documents trial? tax fraud trial? inciting an insurrection?
Sorry, I just assumed everyone had heard, but in fact it was just breaking when I posted that…

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

LOL the Warnock campaign is running an add that is simply trump talking about how great hershel walker is and how all republicans need to go out and vote for him. Thats it. No attack on trump. No attack on walker. Warnocks campaign is simply betting that trumps endorsement of walker is enough to give the win to Warnock lol. thats awesome.

RAPHAEL WARNOCK AD: Trump: We must all work very hard for a gentleman and a great person named Herschel Walker, a fabulous human being who loves our country and will be a great United States senator. Herschel Walker. Get out and vote for Herschel and he deserves that. He was an incredible athlete. He’ll be an even better senator. Get out and vote for Herschel Walker.

It’s quite astonishing because in no way is it an attack on Trump. In no way is an attack on Herschel Walker. It is just playing Trump’s endorsement of Walker. And clearly, the Warnock campaign feels this is, as you say, an albatross. This is a liability for Walker, not a plus. And, you know, the Republicans had pleaded with the former president not to announce before the December 6 run-off because they didn’t want this to be in any way a referendum on Trump. The president, of course, ignored that. And remember, Georgia is a state where the governor, Brian Kemp, was just elected after in the Republican primary beating a Trump election denier. And Brad Raffensperger, the secretary of state, was just elected after in the Republican primary beating a Trump election denier. So clearly the Democrats think that Donald Trump is a liability in Georgia, not a plus.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner

LOL the Warnock campaign is running an add that is simply trump talking about how great hershel walker is and how all republicans need to go out and vote for him. Thats it. No attack on trump. No attack on walker. Warnocks campaign is simply betting that trumps endorsement of walker is enough to give the win to Warnock lol. thats awesome.

RAPHAEL WARNOCK AD: Trump: We must all work very hard for a gentleman and a great person named Herschel Walker, a fabulous human being who loves our country and will be a great United States senator. Herschel Walker. Get out and vote for Herschel and he deserves that. He was an incredible athlete. He’ll be an even better senator. Get out and vote for Herschel Walker.

It’s quite astonishing because in no way is it an attack on Trump. In no way is an attack on Herschel Walker. It is just playing Trump’s endorsement of Walker. And clearly, the Warnock campaign feels this is, as you say, an albatross. This is a liability for Walker, not a plus. And, you know, the Republicans had pleaded with the former president not to announce before the December 6 run-off because they didn’t want this to be in any way a referendum on Trump. The president, of course, ignored that. And remember, Georgia is a state where the governor, Brian Kemp, was just elected after in the Republican primary beating a Trump election denier. And Brad Raffensperger, the secretary of state, was just elected after in the Republican primary beating a Trump election denier. So clearly the Democrats think that Donald Trump is a liability in Georgia, not a plus.
I feel like we have reached the "The Emperor Has No Clothes" moment for Trump. Finally. I thought it was happening or about to happen a few times before, like when he lost his reelection campaign, or when he incited a violent insurrection on Jan 6th, but none of that was enough.

The QAnon crowd has a shiny new toy in Ron DeSantis that has captured their attention and unlike Trump he seems like a winner to them. They don't need stinky old Trump to get their fascist boners hard, they have Ron Ron now.

Red

I feel like we have reached the "The Emperor Has No Clothes" moment for Trump.
I’m feeling the same way. That doesn’t bode well as far as how he may react, since his ego would not tolerate irrelevancy well at all.
But I do get the same sense…

Al-O-Meter

The QAnon crowd has a shiny new toy in Ron DeSantis that has captured their attention and unlike Trump he seems like a winner to them. They don't need stinky old Trump to get their fascist boners hard, they have Ron Ron now.
By the "QAnon crowd" whose boners are hard, I take it you are talking about you, Red, The Thriller and other lefties who love, love, love to post about QAnon.

BabyPeterzz

Contributor
By the "QAnon crowd" whose boners are hard, I take it you are talking about you, Red, The Thriller and other lefties who love, love, love to post about QAnon.

Oh please. Trump, the front runner for the GOP nomination for President, uses Q to spread his ********, reposts their garbage, and uses their little code words in his speeches.

The whole “Whath Q???” ********* is nothing more than MAGAs playing cloak and dagger. Cute.

Qanon is part of the GOP, just like white supremacists, antisemites, incels, etc are.

Cool party bro.

Red

Tell us again how economic issues were going to trump fears over the future of democracy in America. Funny how you vanished for awhile following your Republican tsunami…..crickets for several days…

Red

BTW, could you run down a list of all the good things that have resulted in the lives of those folks who have embraced the many faceted QAnon cult? Improvement of critical thinking skills? Tamping down the trend toward conspiracism as a default thinking mode? Reducing resentment as a prime motive in voting? I had no idea talking about QAnon troubled you so. Poor guy. Silly me, wouldn’t you know, here I’ve been thinking the emergence of QAnon was a very interesting, and somewhat alarming, development in the history of early 21st century America. Seems to me something like QAnon infecting the body politic would be of interest to virtually anyone interested in 21st century American culture.

Well, the subject may come up again. It seems to be a part of the American scene, and as far as I know, the American scene is not yet off limits for discussion.

Gameface

PICKS = FLEXIBILITY
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
This is who I'm talking about...

180810-qanon-al-1535.JPG

qanon2.jpg

Gessen-QAnon-Sacha-Baron-Cohen.jpg

qanon-trump-supporters-flags-0514211.jpg

q-anon-1016201.jpg

But no one was confused.

The Thriller

Is Al posting again? I thought he left the site after his many predictions of a “red tsunami” were found to be lacking. You’d think that would cause some bit of introspection and apology. But nah, he lacks the character and courage to do that so he’ll just keep posting through it. His identity is so wrapped up in Trump and Trumpism that he’ll never admit that Trumpism actually turned off a lot of voters this cycle… well the last 3 cycles.