What's new

Donovan and Rudy selected last for all-stars

We really need to sign Ron Artest. Does he have any legs left?

"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'"
Sign stephen jackson while we are at it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sign stephen jackson while we are at it

There aren't many of the modern tough guys... some marginal 3 and D guy with muscles should see that and take advantage of the opening. Every team needs a guy who the other team is a little afraid might actually fight if **** goes down. A crazy enforcer.

There aren't many of the modern tough guys... some marginal 3 and D guy with muscles should see that and take advantage of the opening. Every team needs a guy who the other team is a little afraid might actually fight if **** goes down. A crazy enforcer.
I mean Georges Niang is RIGHT THERE!

I think we can calm down with the conspiracy talk. They don't want the team to move. They just like making fun of Utah. It isn't a cool place by their definition. Rudy is not well liked because he's different. Bunch of teams and players make fun of him.

DM and Rudy are both guys that are considered try hards... they weren't the blue chip can't miss prospects... they aren't in the cool kids club.

If they do something meaningful we can shove it in everyone's face. This isn't a directive from the NBA. Is two dudes teasing the outcasts.
Spot on.

Don't want to read through all of this so it may have been said before....I'd like Rudy and Donovan to have a giant chip on their shoulder...there was one there already...hopefully this just made it bigger.

There was a center that played at florida a few years back that would have been perfect. Looked like Ben wallace. Wonder what happened to him

A. His team is in the playoff hunt. Tied for the 8th spot.

B. The all star game is an individual award rather than a team award and has always been that way.

C. Lavine is averaging 29 points on 52.5% from the field, 43.5% from 3, and 86% from the line, plus 5 assists and 5 rebounds.
Those numbers aren't ok or pretty good, they are amazing. He is playing as good as any player in the league.
I do agree that his teammates aren't very good though.

You’ll have to forgive those of us that side-eye a guy who’s never played on a winning team continuing to lose even relative to the putrid conference he plays in.

I'm telling yall how hilarious would it be if Rudy is salty and comes in just goes hard. Few blocks... hard fouls at the rim... just screams "Nothing EASY!" after every time he blocks or fouls someone. Becomes the only player to foul out in the first half. Sets the tone for the Bad Boy Jazz.

If any big man on our team screams out anything other than "Grab it Memo!", then that is a straight up fail.

I just love that the NBA is the equivalent of junior high. Donovan just wants to sit at the cool kids table and Rudy is the kid in the corner that everyone is kind of afraid of cause they know he could lose it any time and everyone thinks his dad is in prison for murder

With Conley in they need to redraft so all three of our guys go last.

Gonna spice up this thread by saying;
The Jazz would certainly not be as large a target for ridicule if it weren't in and named after the state that is the closest thing to a theocracy allowed in this country, beholden to a religion that has staggeringly (and unsurprisingly) low membership among blacks, and with a state population to match. To cap it all off, fair or not, the Jazz fanbase has a reputation as being (particularly) racially insensitive/ignorant/naive.

Sucks the organization and the players have to suffer for that.

I dislike the league trending towards player-control. I dislike KD and Lebron acting like elementary school bullies. I resent the absence of attention and the fact that we clearly don't get help from the refs. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Jazz. But if I take my homer hat off, a few things seem pretty undeniable to me:
1. Even I, a diehard, don't have a ton of faith that we'll go past the 2nd round. The recent losses to good teams at full strength have done nothing to bolster that confidence. They have to prove it in the post-season, pure and simple.
2. Crying about the calls and the lack of respect and the All-Star ********* will not help. Maybe it shines a spotlight on the refs briefly and makes them acutely aware of any bias, real or perceived, but that, if taken too far, can quickly backfire.
3. I think Rudy Gobert is a really good defensive presence, and I like him. I think his personality is misunderstood, and as far as foreign-born players go, I think he's much more likable than that punk Joel Embiid. Having said that, I think he actually does get a pass on a lot of fouls because the NBA likes the idea of the "Stifle Tower." I really do. I think he fouls quite a bit more than the calls would suggest. And second, he just sucks against people like Towns, Jocic, AD and Embiid. He just sucks. So does he make an enormous difference against run-of-the-mill players? Yeah. Does he provide excellent help defense? Hell yeah. Can he shut down superstar centers? Rarely. He's got a strange, niche skillset, and we're maximizing it. And that's great. But I wish people would stop pretending he's something he's not.

i don't think you understand basketball very well if you think Rudy Gobert sucks against elite Centres Really You're probably someone just looking at the box score.