What's new

Donovan Mitchell’s Historic Season

lol. I basically adapted CM 00/01 player profiling to basketball. More of a Euro thing

Emanuel%20Mammana_zpsvqzvavnp.png

Dude football manager is more addictive than crack.

Dude football manager is more addictive than crack.

I'm a master at that game. In FM 2014, i took Crystal Palace from being a relegation candidate to the most fearsome team in the world within 3 seasons.

Reactions: MVP
I'm a master at that game. In FM 2014, i took Crystal Palace from being a relegation candidate to the most fearsome team in the world within 3 seasons.

You are nothing, i once took dover athletic to the premiership. When i think of the things i could have done instead of playing that game i shudder. If they had AA meetings for football manager addicts i'd go, but only to get tips off other addicts.

In the 3 point era of basketball (Rookies older than that arent really comparable the league was so different) Mitchell is currently #21 on PPG tied with Durant (although Mitchell is doing so on better shooting percentages)

Of the players in front of him Jordan, David Robinson, Mitch Richmond, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan, Carmelo Anthony, Alonzo Mourning, and Hakeem made it to the playoffs. That is some pretty rare company.

Only Jordan, Robinson, Carmelo and Bird lead their team in scoring. Jordan and Robinson both had other 20 ppg scorers on the team. Bird had 2 HOF players and 2 league MVPs, 1 finals MVP player on his roster his rookie year so he had a pretty damn good roster around him. Carmelo was only the 3rd leading scorer on his team in the actual playoffs, which we will have to see what Mitchell does.

That is some pretty elite company.

It is incredibly rare what Mitchell is doing. Honestly I dont think there is a good comparison of another player for him. He is having one of the greatest seasons ever as a rookie. Very few rookies lead their team to the playoffs as the main offensive option.

In case you missed it, for a closely related post of mine, see here: https://jazzfanz.com/threads/list-of-rookies-who-have-led-their-teams-to-the-playoffs.84630/

Mitchell now up to 42 games with 20+ points. More than LeBron. More than Lillard.

Looks highly likely that he finishes with more than Kevin Durant at 44. He needs three more in their last six games. Stud.

Donovan Mitchell has 43 - 20+ points games (35 games at 20-29, 5 games at 30-39, 2 games at 40-49 in 65 starts) this year.

One short of KD

Three short of Larry Legend. That’s the one I hope he gets up to. He’ll need to top 20 in 4/5 games to get above Bird.

Donovan Mitchell has 44 - 20+ points games (37 games at 20-29, 5 games at 30-39, 2 games at 40-49 in 65 starts) this year.

Tied with KD - 2 short of tying Larry Bird at 46. Needs 3/4 games to get above Bird.

You are nothing, i once took dover athletic to the premiership. When i think of the things i could have done instead of playing that game i shudder. If they had AA meetings for football manager addicts i'd go, but only to get tips off other addicts.

A highschool friend of mine dropped out of his Architecture degree after I got him hooked on the game. At first, he would drive home between his morning and afternoon classes and play the game. Then he'd just drive home and play and not bother showing up in the afternoon. Then he just stopped going to class period. He sells used cars now, but he did win the old UEFA Cup with Maccabi Haifa.

A highschool friend of mine dropped out of his Architecture degree after I got him hooked on the game. At first, he would drive home between his morning and afternoon classes and play the game. Then he'd just drive home and play and not bother showing up in the afternoon. Then he just stopped going to class period. He sells used cars now, but he did win the old UEFA Cup with Maccabi Haifa.

That is what friends are for. LOL

Seriously worse than heroin. I've been off work for two days with a crook back, pretty much done nothing but play football manager. I'd be ashamed of myself if i didn't have a big FA cup game to get through.

Donovan now up to 45 games at 20+ points. More than Lillard, LeBron and KD.

One game behind Larry Bird. If he goes over 20 in the last two games, he’ll finish at 47 - between Larry Legend (46) and The Answer (48).

More importantly. . .

• Gordon Hayward had 45 - 20+ points games (41 games at 20-29, 4 games at 30-39) in his first four seasons in Utah!

Donovan did it in ONE!