What's new

Donovan Mitchell...First Team All-Defense

The mental fatigue to do that would be enormous. I doubt any rookie that is not a center can do it. There's a reason the experienced guys get on all team defense. If you are thinking heavily then you are too worn out and distracted to play great defense. Experience is a huge advantage.

We're hyping Mitchell up to the point where he'll never be able to fulfill our expectations.

That's a fan's job. Well done everyone. Well done.

He wont get enough minutes his rookie year to lead the league in steals but he has a shot one day to make all defense, I hope he turns into our little kawhi

The refs have a lot to do with it when it comes to rookies. Spida is going to get called for a lot of fouls most likely before adjusting his game and earning the respect of the zebras.

However, dude has the kind of personality that I believe the refs will cut him a break sooner than later. I want to agree with other posters that he won't get enough minutes, but I honestly believe he will be getting a lot more time than most expect by the end of the season. Injury problems with this team and the fact we will be desperate to find someone who can score consistently puts DM in a good spot this year.

As for the hype, the nay sayers are just practicing for their gloomy gus routines this year. Mitchell has to be the most exciting rookie we've had since Deron. Kid is going to be good, and there's nothing wrong in believing.