What's new

Donovan Mitchell - We are lucky to have him

The consensus has been positive. But I’ve seen a handful of critical replies (from jazz fans) to DM’s tweet that have 50+ likes. To me, that’s appalling.

DM’s tweet was pretty straightforward and non-political. But even if it was, so what? It’s pretty obvious we have a jackass in the White House. He just admitted today over twitter that the meeting with Russians in trump tower was designed to get dirt on Clinton. Something he lied about one year ago when he claimed that the meeting was designed over “childhood adoptions.”

And he has the nerve to go after Lebron???

The more people who call trump out for his divisiveness, the better IMO.
I mean it’s gonna happen. Karl Anthony towns posted something as well, and his tweet has more comments. I haven’t looked through them much but there’s plenty of negativity there. I’m actually perfectly fine with the intolerant Trump defenders being chased out of the fan base. If you aren’t reasonable, I would rather you weren’t a fan. Donovan will go farther than that at some date, so the snowflakes better get out now.

It's hilarious when people still believe that a flood of pro-Trump people commenting on a popular tweet are actually American.

What are you basing this on? Do you have a study or poll?

This is from 2013.

How-Politics-Correlate-With-Sports-Interests_FULL.jpg
http://images.thepostgame.com/sites...tics-Correlate-With-Sports-Interests_FULL.jpg

View attachment 6226
Yeah he’s 100% right. NBA has the most liberal fan base for sure. And as for the picture above, just more reason to love Don.

My God this surpassed the awesomeness threshold of being the superhero he already was. It also gives me the feeling that he is not pro enough on tweet decisions as he is not on shot decisions. I mean what makes you think that you won’t end up in there? Nothing is impossible. But then again dude is just a rookie (rookie-dom is now two years right?) how much more can he give to us? NBA will support this guy until they are convinced that he is not worth supporting.

Also, just back to the tweet thing. I’ve noticed a trend, most the
My God this surpassed the awesomeness threshold of being the superhero he already was. It also gives me the feeling that he is not pro enough on tweet decisions as he is not on shot decisions. I mean what makes you think that you won’t end up in there? Nothing is impossible. But then again dude is just a rookie (rookie-dom is now two years right?) how much more can he give to us? NBA will support this guy until they are convinced that he is not worth supporting.
? I mean he’s done it a couple times. I think him not worrying about his tweets give authenticity which is what fans love. He’s smart, he knows what he’s doing.

Nah. Upper middle class. Senior is an MLB middle manager and Mom was a clerk turned teacher. They probably net <$200K
His dad's official title is "Director of Player Relations", so it's probably like <150K since his mom is a private school teacher (they make less than public school). It might be more for inflation in NYC. It's pretty wild how they could afford private school for two kids (which is probably like 80K a year, though it's probably less w/ financial aid that I'm sure is substantial when you're a high level athlete the school wants) and living in NYC.

Funny how some people think that pro athletes should only shut up and dribble. As if they aren’t given first amendment privileges to voice their opinions about anything.

Meanwhile, Trump and his ilk are given platforms to yell about any topic. Often, they spew lies and bigotry. And if they’re corrected or resisted, they’re labeled “fake news” or “intolerant” or “overstepping into politics.”

I think we’re quickly learning who the real snowflakes are. If you look on twitter right now they’re the ones whining about DM. Sad. I’ve already seen far too many jazz fans ripping him. Unbelievable

It’s a damn good thing I don’t use Twitter or any social media other then jazzfanz. Twitter would drive me crazy fighting thousands of idiots

Stupid tweet by Trump... what was the purpose. LBJ has been about as good of a superstar athlete as one could ask for on and off the court. Why send a shot so you can call another guy dumb.

I have more traditional Republican beliefs/values, but I won't vote for this guy again. He's a friggin cartoon/internet troll. I hate the two party system and that other good candidates can't get enough support/traction without selling their souls to one of the parties. Please America bring me one candidate I feel I can trust.

Glad DM voiced his tweet... it was super tame for a politically charged tweet.

Stupid tweet by Trump... what was the purpose. LBJ has been about as good of a superstar athlete as one could ask for on and off the court. Why send a shot so you can call another guy dumb.

I have more traditional Republican beliefs/values, but I won't vote for this guy again. He's a friggin cartoon/internet troll. I hate the two party system and that other good candidates can't get enough support/traction without selling their souls to one of the parties. Please America bring me one candidate I feel I can trust.

Glad DM voiced his tweet... it was super tame for a politically charged tweet.
Same I went from being pretty neutral thinking both sides are a little ridiculous, to absolutely sick and tired of the disgusting followers Trump has on twitter who will literally defend anything he does. Trump is a ****** person, and even when he acts like a bafoon they defend him and attack the others. Some of them are pretty damn disgusting. I will not vote for him in 2020, I didn’t in 2016 either, he’s the most divisive, childish President I’ve ever seen. I’m Truly over him and his blind scumbags.

That wasnt obvious when you voted for him last election?

Yes, but I didn't feel I could trust the Clintons. I also thought maybe he'd get good advisers and tone his BS down. Like maybe he will act presidential.

I went back and forth a lot... almost punted and voted for Mickey Mouse. It was like a bad would you rather question where there was no right answer in my opinion.

That wasnt obvious when you voted for him last election?
I'm guessing it was. The Democrats need a more convincing candidate the Hillary though. I didn't vote last election because I could not feel comfortable after voting for either of them and if I voted someone else, it would have been a waste of time.

Hooray for bipartisanship. Here we go Team Jacob and Team Edward. Which team you on, dudes? Smh.