What's new

Down On the Farm

The thing that is impressive about the Heat is that they find a bunch of undrafted players that turn out to be decent. Sioux Falls has two bigs and a wing who could help the Jazz. And those guys weren't the best the Heat signed this off season. The Heat have four guys on their roster now that were undrafted. The two bigs are from Creighton and Wisconsin and wing from Miss. State. They don't need no stinking draft picks.

I saw a blurb that the Stars had five players in Covid protocol with two getting out in time to play Saturday with Macio Teague being one. They might be the source of the Jazz cooties.

The thing that is impressive about the Heat is that they find a bunch of undrafted players that turn out to be decent. Sioux Falls has two bigs and a wing who could help the Jazz. And those guys weren't the best the Heat signed this off season. The Heat have four guys on their roster now that were undrafted. The two bigs are from Creighton and Wisconsin and wing from Miss. State. They don't need no stinking draft picks.
Yep. Omer Yurtseven being the biggest example. Gabe Vincent and Max Strus been balling too. Then Duncan Robinson from a couple of seasons ago. Kudos to their scouting department.

The Stars lost again but only by 10 this time. Marquis Bolden made his debut for the Stars last night and had 19 points and 9 boards which led both teams. He was a McDonalds All American with Dok, Tony Bradley and Jayson Tatum. Perhaps he and not Dok are the big man of the future. Carsen Edwards had 21 points for the Stars who still have four guys in Covid protocols. My editorial comment is that Zaire Wade is way overmatched at this level. He needs to put on at least 30 pounds of muscle. He gets abused on both ends of the floor.

Fitts was diagnosed with a wrist fracture so he's out at least four weeks.
I wonder if they cut him... I'm sure they can pay out the rest of his deal and try again next year. Would be nice to get another call up since our whole team is in health and safety protocols.

I wonder if they cut him... I'm sure they can pay out the rest of his deal and try again next year. Would be nice to get another call up since our whole team is in health and safety protocols.
Can you sign someone in the D League on another team to a two-way? Bring in Dunn on a two-way.

The Stars today signed Yoeli Childs 6'8" 225 lbs. He is a player that scored over 2,000 points and had over a 1,000 rebounds in college. Not too many people have done that.

The Stars acquired a 29 year old player who said his idols growing up were DWill and Dee Brown. He has never played GLeague or the NBA but has been an international vagabond. "Rayjohn Rice (6-4, 220, Illinois) joins the Stars with 173 games (112) starts, internationally, since the 2015-16 season. The Champaign, Ill., native owns international career averages of 16 points and 4.4 rebounds." He's scored everywhere he's been and supposedly is a solid defender. It will be interesting to see if it translates.

The Stars have a home game tonight. I would like to see Trent Forrest get some serious minutes to see how the Jazz great development program is doing. I would also like to see him try and score.

Stars had a nice win tonight over the Lakers GLeague team. Three Stars players scored over 20 points Carsen Edwards, Derrick Alston and Jared Wilson Frame, Wilson Frame lead the Stars in assists and Rayvonte Rice lead them in rebounding and +-. The Lakers had a two way player Mason Jones drop 42 points and Pierre Jackson that the Jazz once had the rights to for about five minutes scored over 20 for the Lakers and led them in assists. No Forrest for the Stars.

There are a couple of GLeague guys I would like to see the Jazz kick the tires on that would provide some wing size and both were first round picks: Justin Jackson and Chandler Hutchison. Jackson had 10 days with the Celts and Suns and Hutchison was a two way player for the Suns.

Stars got spanked in Birmingham today. Carsen Edwards had 37 points but was -28 in the box score. A couple of the Stars' better players didn't make the trip. Alston had a double double but needed a lot of shots to get there. Teague had a nice game. Last night our old pal Frankie Ferrari had 20 points and 17 assists for the Santa Cruz Warriors. We might have given up too soon on the lad.

Stars welcomed David Stockton to Salt Lake and had an eleven point win over Little Stock's team. Little Stock came within three assists of a triple double. Carsen Edwards had 25, and Alston had 24. Yoeli Childs played and had 8 points 7 boards playing with the second unit. Same two teams play tomorrow.