What's new

Draft Homers List 2023

I'm still in on GG. I can take him too.
I’m not completely out on GG, but I’m definitely not as high on him as I was right after the combine. I believe he had a chance to cement himself as a top 10 guy with workouts and interviews and I just think he really failed to do that. I’ve had a number of guys move ahead of him on my board since then.

I won’t be upset if the Jazz draft him - in fact I’ll be excited for him - but I have a couple of guys that I’d prioritize before I really even looked at taking GG.

I’m not completely out on GG, but I’m definitely not as high on him as I was right after the combine. I believe he had a chance to cement himself as a top 10 guy with workouts and interviews and I just think he really failed to do that. I’ve had a number of guys move ahead of him on my board since then.

I won’t be upset if the Jazz draft him - in fact I’ll be excited for him - but I have a couple of guys that I’d prioritize before I really even looked at taking GG.

I think he'll be fine, but a team isn't going to get much from him the first year or even two probably. I'm not convinced he's the guy that's rumored to be sabotaging himself in workouts. He should still probably be a top 20 pick.

I think he'll be fine, but a team isn't going to get much from him the first year or even two probably.
There’s a lot of guys I like that are going to be in that boat. That doesn’t bother me. I want the Jazz to draft high upside wings and sort out the position for the next 5-7 years.

Bobi Klintman, Sidy Cissoko and Bilal Couliably all are probably going to have an adjustment period in the NBA as well. Would be happy with any of them as well.

@Saint Cy of JFC , change mine to Leonard Miller when you get a chance. it is becoming more apparent that brandon miller will be #2 overall and i look at this thread as a "my guy who will outplay his draft position thread" and at #2, unless he's better than wemby, he won't outplay his draft position.

@Saint Cy of JFC , change mine to Leonard Miller when you get a chance. it is becoming more apparent that brandon miller will be #2 overall and i look at this thread as a "my guy who will outplay his draft position thread" and at #2, unless he's better than wemby, he won't outplay his draft position.
I mean, I guess that's the general thought process for most of us who do this, but that doesn't have to be the criteria.

I think most draft people fetishize being first on things and knowing what other people don't know, so most of us gravitate to someone who is a bit of gamble, but if you correctly predict Miller is the 2nd best player that is still impressive as it's far from consensus.

I mean, I guess that's the general thought process for most of us who do this, but that doesn't have to be the criteria.

I think most draft people fetishize being first on things and knowing what other people don't know, so most of us gravitate to someone who is a bit of gamble, but if you correctly predict Miller is the 2nd best player that is still impressive as it's far from consensus.
I’m still all about Cam Whitmore, but if I was going with guys I think will outplay their draft projections. . . Bobi Klintman and Sidy Cissoko would be my guys all day long.

Last edited:
Bilal is definitely my favorite prospect this year, but I'm not even sure that much higher on him the rest at this point. His development has been awesome to watch from afar. But If had to pick one guy it's gotta be him. I'm also a big fan of Noah Clowney. He has very little discussion about him, but I've seen him ranked in the mid teens. Big Amari Bailey fan as well. He had a strong combine and had some people join the bandwagon but I still think he deserves a much higher rating than he's been given.

And for the record, no I do not care who was first or when someone joined the bandwagon. I care that certain badwagon hoppers will say the dumbest **** ever to justify their opinion and I just wanted people to know that my reasons for liking for Bilal do not include the incredibly stupid justifications/excuses that will probably come about lol. But if you push the angle that there's a conspiracy out against GG because he's out of shape I think that's gotta be your guy lmao.

That 1-2 weeks of GG hype was ****ing insane haha. It wasn't even hype, it was just making the most extreme excuses I have ever seen.

Last edited:
One highlight of his, he rebounds brings it up the court spins in the lane on a defender and dunks it like he's in his sleep. That one play reminded my of Kawhi. He says he watches a lot of Jimmy Butler's game.
He would be 3rd on my list of "my guys". The issue with him is that I just dont see a lot of shot creation upside. Think he's more Jeff Green than anything else. He also measured smaller than everyone expected at the combine.

I picked Leonard Miller back on page 4.
Miller still seems like he is being slept on, by the majority of outlets, which is not surprising despite his production and archetype being special- I am guessing its just cricket treatment. I def see him as high as 7th as a sleeper Indiana selection down to to us at 16 as the far he would slide. Most likely OKC's pick though imo

I guess my shortlist would be
- Ausar. The potential on this guy, put him on the jazz and watch him go, if he goes 8th overall jazz fans wont be happy I know that.
-Taylor Hendricks. He looks like a player you would create in NBA 2K. However I do have some concerns with offensive playmaking and his rebounding was surprisingly not the best but he mabye he can develop these.
-Cason Wallace. Defense translates, he has a solid enough offensive game to keep building on. Consider him one of the "safer picks".
-Brice Sensabaugh. From a pure scoring standpoint he is very exciting. Little worried about the lower body injuries and lack of athleticism.

Miller still seems like he is being slept on, by the majority of outlets, which is not surprising despite his production and archetype being special- I am guessing its just cricket treatment. I def see him as high as 7th as a sleeper Indiana selection down to to us at 16 as the far he would slide. Most likely OKC's pick though imo
Nobody is being slept on more than @Handlogten's Heros' mom.