What's new

El Paso Shooting

Whats this mean then?

"I’m just confused as to why some people are tying Warren, the democrats, and antifa together when the focus absolutely should be on trump, the republicans, and white supremacist terrorism."

This was the post that started this little detour. Notice anything there explicitly laying the grounds of the topic at hand?

What difference does it make. Its all horrible.
It is all horrible, no one is disputing that. Having a discussion about a particular topic doesn't preclude someone from also caring about other topics. Crimes of passion are also terrible, so are rapes and a slew of other monstrosities. But the conversation we were engaged in was about white supremacist terror. We can have another discussion about these topics if you'd like but I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to derail the conversation I'm currently engaged in. Thanks.

Oh I don't know, maybe read the posts I wrote that you responded to. I specifically said "terror attacks" a number of times.

Why isnt a drive by that guns down a bunch of innocent people considered terrifying? Im sure those gunners have some views that align with extreme leftist views such as hating the police, anti-authoritarianism, socially liberal views, etc..

Why isnt a drive by that guns down a bunch of innocent people considered terrifying? Im sure those gunners have some views that align with extreme leftist views such as hating the police, anti-authoritarianism, socially liberal views, etc..
Things that are terrifying =//= terrorism. Words have meanings.

We are talking about mass shootings. I was anyways. You dudes were the detour.
Were you though? Because here are the posts of mine you responded to.
Well, for one white supremacist terrorism is responsible for the vast majority of terror attacks in the US lately. And Trump and the Republicans hold the levers of power that could actually do something to enact gun control.

Like I said earlier, there's nothing to point to a political (or any at this point) motive for the Dayton shooting, although hatred of women may have played a part in it.

Yeah, he was a leftist, the right doesn't have a monopoly on deranged lunatics, but we aren't experiencing a spate of out of control leftist terror attacks.

Which far right inspired terror attacks you mean?

Parkland and the Tree of Life synagogue come to mind.

Then there's this which describes a report by the ADL which found that every extremist killing in 2018 was perpetrated by white supremacists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/extremist-killings-links-right-wing-extremism-report-2019-1

And this, in which FBI director Christopher Wray says that most of the terror attacks in the US are being perpetrated by white supremacists.

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/24/fb...ses-are-driven-by-white-supremacist-violence/

Every one of them was specifically about terrorism. Now, maybe you thought you were engaged in a different conversation. But I made it pretty clear what we were talking about. You only switched gears to something else once I pretty conclusively proved my point.

I've been talking about mass shootings this...entire...time...
Then why were you asking me about terror attacks? You must have been mistaken about what we were talking about. Or, simply not reading what I was saying.

Seriously man, this isn't that hard.

Then why were you asking me about terror attacks? You must have been mistaken about what we were talking about. Or, simply not reading what I was saying.

Seriously man, this isn't that hard.
Because I thought we were talking about mass shootings as in terrorist attacks. I didn't think we were talking about the Boston Bombers. That has absolutely nothing to do with mass shootings.

Edit: even the examples you posted were mass shootings.

Last edited:
Because I thought we were talking about mass shootings as in terrorist attacks. I didn't think we were talking about the Boston Bombers. That has absolutely nothing to do with mass shootings.
Jesus christ dude. The very first message that started this conversation was your quote of Thrillers asking what he meant by the focus needing to be on "white supremacist terror attacks." I went to great lengths to try to explain to it to you. I'm done wasting my time with someone incapable of basic ****ing reading comprehension.

Jesus christ dude. The very first message that started this conversation was your quote of Thrillers asking what he meant by the focus needing to be on "white supremacist terror attacks." I went to great lengths to try to explain to it to you. I'm done wasting my time with someone incapable of basic ****ing reading comprehension.
Night. Sorry I made you so angry, you should try lightening up.

Kind of makes sense that the majority are white though right? Considering whites are the majority of the population.

It would be actually weird if it were led by some other group that were the minority.
White isn't the only thing in common silly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

What difference does it make. Its all horrible.

Terrorism aims not only to kill a small number, but also to frighten a larger number. That makes it different than domestic violence, gang turf wars, and many other types of murders, and in some sense worse, because the pool of intended victims is much larger. The El Paso shooter was trying to discourage Mexicans in general from entering the US.

I don't find this statement funny.

It's not. The "lol" was meant to be facetious.
It's an el Paso shooting thread actually. It's right there in the title

Well there's no Dayton thread for obvious reasons. Can't use this tragedy to blame whitey and Trump. What's going on now is no different than Republicans blaming San Bernardino, Florida Gay club, Dallas cop killer on Obama. This childish story has been written already and its disgusting in my opinion.