What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

Not if it never happened. He'd be a fool to do that.
Why? Even if Lindsey remembers it differently, if he is an anti-racist as others claim, he can acknowledge that he obviously said things very poorly (and if Millsap has this much resentment 6 years later, he said something poorly), that he needs to be better, and that he will work on being better. What does Lindsey lose by saying that?

I just said me and his wife had fun. What are you thinking fun is?
Saint Cy of JFC said:
I have fun with your wife while bearing the cross while she complains about her racially insentive husband.
Nope... don't try to down play it. You can't hold people accountable for their tongues when you can't control yours.
What do you think have fun is? I must of been doing a pretty good job of controlling my tongue if you are insinuating that I crafted some sort of innuendo.
Everyone on the board knows your tone. It's repetitive, belittling, crass, and worse. Everyone has read something inappropriate that you have said and will continue to spew. You are the last person who should be calling for someone's job based on their speech.

I have said things that I am not proud of. I will gladly apologize and I think my tone has cleaned up over the last few years. You seem to want to justify or spin it. You say that DL needs to apologize for his comments and step down while you have the freedom to say whatever filth comes to your mind with no apologies or consequences. I am done here. I'm embarrassed for you.

It is ok. It just came off as provocation would justify it.

I understand. Nothing would justify it. I’m actually just trying to paint a picture of how everything went down for more context. Almost impossible given we don’t know much. Actually would help Elijah’s case with more specific information. For example, it is possible DL said this to him because of this, etc. It being an exit interview is really interesting to me because DL said something to him in reaction to what he said per Elijah.

Nope... don't try to down play it. You can't hold people accountable for their tongues when you can't control yours.

Everyone on the board knows your tone. It's repetitive, belittling, crass, and worse. Everyone has read something inappropriate that you have said and will continue to spew. You are the last person who should be calling for someone's job based on their speech.

I have said things that I am not proud of. I will gladly apologize and I think my tone has cleaned up over the last few years. You seem to want to justify or spin it. You say that DL needs to apologize for his comments and step down while you have the freedom to say whatever filth comes to your mind with no apologies or consequences. I am done here. I'm embarrassed for you.
So not only are you a racism apologist, you also dont think members of the opposite sex can have platonic fun while they complain about their spouses?

3. Its' not like Elijah held onto this and popped it at the worst possible time for the Jazz. It isnt the playoffs. It's smack dab in the middle of the regular season. It's fully understandable why someone would hold onto this and wait until they were out of any NBA position.
Not just him, but his brothers as well. If Paul is retiring after this season, then it will be too late for much push-back.

I remember when I got warnings on Jazzfanz for posting something inappropriate. There was a multiple strike policy. I thought it was silly at the time because my content didn't feel "that bad". If said amongst friends it wasn't a "big deal". When said online, it took on less meaning because my name wasn't attached to it.

At a time when we are all trying to hold ourselves to higher standards... and where we are trying to not "cross the line" in our speech in person and online... methinks it's probably time to remind the forum of what is and isn't appropriate and then ENFORCE those standards. Repeated personal attacks and slandering should receive warnings. Repeated offenses should have consequences. If we are to hold others to a standard then we should hold ourselves to that same or higher standard.

Yes, standing up against racism apologist is now being a keyboard warrior. Funny coming from a fat slob.
No, making comments like that unwarranted insult is what makes you a keyboard warrior, YOU are the one who drew the connection to racism because it is the only way you can justify your behavior. You are all tough and childish behind your keyboard, instead of engaging people on an intellectual level with the strength of argument. But thanks for making assumptions and confirming exactly what I said. Proof is in the (reported) pudding there.

Another thing is that you take the stance of "agree with me or you are the worst kind of racist in the world who just wants to bring back slavery" or they are stupid or morons, or fat, or slobs, or whatever insult you need to sling to make yourself feel superior and put down the other person so you don't have to actually address what is being said. Textbook ad hominem, you are the master of that. And that is a sad tired schtick. But I have learned to not expect any more from you. You are incapable of actual discussion, or any level of nuance within a discussion. Your way or the highway. Pathetic really.

Why? Even if Lindsey remembers it differently, if he is an anti-racist as others claim, he can acknowledge that he obviously said things very poorly (and if Millsap has this much resentment 6 years later, he said something poorly), that he needs to be better, and that he will work on being better. What does Lindsey lose by saying that?

Even if he remembers it differently, he’s wrong because the accuser is always right.

That’s a hell of a take man.

Cy is the biggest stand in victim on the board. He'll bear the cross of offense for anyone.
That's why I have his dumb*** blocked. A few years ago I compared a player's style of game to another player's style of game and both are black players (I think one player I compared was Thon Maker) and for that reason he claimed I was being racist comparing two black players.

I don't play dumb imaginary argument games with people and so I blocked him so I wouldn't have to read his stupid **** again; he's probably called every known member on this board a racist which leads me to believe he's likely one and is deflecting as that's what people with a nasty secret typically do. It's like those politicians who rally against gay rights and then they're exposed for being gay themselves.

I saw that a couple of pages later, and gave it a thumb, but it was devoid of reasons for Millsap lying.

I discussed that later, but in general, the same reasons people have lied for the last millennia. Attention, clout, the usual. Some people just lie.

I don’t know the truth. You don’t know the truth. What you think are facts are only assumptions. It would be wise to remember that.

Really, you're better than this. Almost no one suffers serious consequences from cancel culture, whether they are cancelled for kneeling at the wrong time or for tackling teen-age kids. Other opportunities always turn up for them.
Almost no one isn't no one. Any lives destroyed by an accusation alone is too much. Or are you espousing straight utilitarianism in these scenarios? it is fine to hurt or even destroy a few as long as it is better for more people in the long run? Or are you better than that?

To be fair, I might have gone at this a little hard, but it is because I have a couple of close friends who were directly impact by cancel culture. I will not discuss their situation because I told them I would not, but I will say they were both teachers, emphasis on "were". So when it is a real thing to a real person you know some of the ability to stand back and just try to brush it aside as if it isn't a thing goes out the window.

So I disagree with you there, and I stand by it. It is damaging and hurts real people. Period. It needs to stop.

If there is a claim against DL then Elijah needed to take it to the organization ideally. However, he has the right to do exactly what he did, even if I disagree with that approach. And even though I might disagree with that approach, I still think the organization owes it to Elijah to investigate, and in the same breath Dl deserves his due diligence, and the chance to defend himself. Period. Regardless of the accusation.

I made no claims about the accusation itself. Anything along those lines are words put in my mouth, and you did that here as well, put words in my mouth. I was purely speaking out about cancel culture and the need people feel to immediately take any accusation at face value and be judge, jury, and executioner regardless of what the actual facts might be.

I believe the answer to that question would depend on what hypotheticals we'd be willing to grant. Under the presumption that DL said something ranging anywhere from what's alleged to saying something inadvertently that could be misconstrued or interpreted in such a manner, then the above makes sense. In a hypothetical where nothing was said nor anything that could be misconstrued, then perhaps the question of response in that scenario is conceivably different than the others. But the implication, I'm assuming, is that you're concluding, among many hypotheticals, that the latter is entirely off the table, thus only one response (generally speaking) is appropriate.

The is the way things SHOULD work, but that is not the world we live in today. You think Milsap is going to let this rest? He chose this outlet an manner purposely. If he was interested in a learning experience, he could have contacted Lindsey directly at any point in the last 6 years.