What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

My main views:
1. What does Elijah have to gain from this? Absolutely nothing.

2. If he wanted to makeup a fake he said/she said story, couldn't he have thought of something much more damaging?

3. We know that DL has a fiery streak. Things can be said in the heat of the moment and exit interviews can get heated as they are very "real" moments.

4. Is what DL said that egregious? No, but if he's denying it then it just makes it look worse. Will we ever truly know if Quin doesn't speak up? No. Hell Quin might legitimately not remember. From the responses in this thread, you can tell white people don't consider that bad to the point that I don't think it would register to many.

At the end of the day you should probably just go ahead and fire DL immediately. He can be replaced and Utah already had shakey race relations. This could do a ton of damage to the org if the story stays in the media.

Best thing would be to own up and apologize. I think most players/people would accept that.
Memory is extremely unreliable. Elijah got fired from a job that was everything to him. Of course he hates Lindsley for that. He will for the rest of his life. After six years of stewing about what might of been, it is entirely possible that ALL of his memories of Lindsley have been distilled to a caricature of the villain he needs him to be.

And Cy, don't pretend you know Dennis Lindsley. You don't. I'm, in fact, really embarrassed for you.

Memory is extremely unreliable. Elijah got fired from a job that was everything to him. Of course he hates Lindsley for that. He will for the rest of his life. After six years of stewing about what might of been, it is entirely possible that ALL of his memories of Lindsley have been distilled to a caricature of the villain he needs him to be.

And Cy, don't pretend you know Dennis Lindsley. You don't. I'm, in fact, really embarrassed for you.
Why would Mill sap hate DL, though? He wasn't a lock to make the team anyways. That wasn't the only time he got waived and DL is the one who gave him his first multi-year deal.

I think your caricature of Millsap caricaturing DL is absurd.

Actually I do know people he has worked with.

Also keep in mind the Millsaps run a training center in Atlanta, one of the bigger destinations for NBA players outside of LA/NYK.

Yes, I'm sure Elijah hates the GM who helped him enter the NBA and stick for 2 of his 3 year career.

It's strange you are so willing to jump to the conclusion that Elijah is some bitter person who is doing this out of hate.

honestly yall, whats more likely?

A guy is bitter about being in the NBA when he obviously had very little business doing so and I'm sure he is at least partially aware of this. If this was the case, why didnt he drop it on the Suns GM, who he only got to play two games for?

or

Someone in power abused their power and out of anger mistakenly used race power dynamics to intimidate a subordinate?

I'm in no way calling DL a racist, but racism isnt black/white (no pun intended). There are layers and we all must work to better understand these things. The ignorance shown in this thread is astounding.

Reactions: hgb
Really dude? What a garbage thing to insinuate. I'm new here but I remember reading what an absolute drama king you are and I never seen it until now. Bite me with your own hate filled bigotry.
Learn to read dude. ITs not my job to explain things to you that I already wrote down in a very concise easy to read fashion.

ANd the final trump card, reverse racism! lmfao

Whatever bigot.

I have proof on that.
Man, you really are pathetic. Just admit your bias is to side with those in power and white people, or that your fandom is so blinding it prevents you from looking at something objectively and with any common sense.

I think memory is reliable enough even after six years that Elijah is not forgetting what happened. He is either lying or telling the truth. My guess is he's telling the truth. I question his timing though. DL should be held accountable if true of course, but Millsap could have brought up these allegations at any point instead of right when the Jazz are peaking. He's screwing over every single person who has an interest in this Jazz run, especially the players.

Man, you really are pathetic. Just admit your bias is to side with those in power and white people, or that your fandom is so blinding it prevents you from looking at something objectively and with any common sense.
I am waiting for both sides of the story as I believe that's important. I'd like to see an independent investigation and hear from other players. That's common sense. You on the other hand just went on some bigoted emotional diatribe calling people who simply aren't jumping the gun racist. Calling "most" jazz fans racist. What a garbage bigoted take.

I think memory is reliable enough even after six years that Elijah is not forgetting what happened. He is either lying or telling the truth. My guess is he's telling the truth. I question his timing though. DL should be held accountable if true of course, but Millsap could have brought up these allegations at any point instead of right when the Jazz are peaking. He's screwing over every single person who has an interest in this Jazz run, especially the players.
Dude, DL being fired or not has little to no impact on the Jazz this year. I dont think its "screwing" the Jazz too badly in the immediate. Maybe it hurts the Jazz in free agency, but DL should be an easy fire with how many assistant GM's Utah has been grooming.

Personally I hate it when the victim of this type of slander wether it happened or not comes forward 6 ****ing years later. Maybe this is insensitive of me, but I don’t understand why you wait 6 ****ing years and it just happens to be when the jazz are having easily the greatest season in jazz history to this point, smells of having an ax to grind regardless of if true or not. If true have the courage to say something in the same calendar year. If someone had done this to me and I didn’t feel the need to say something at the time, this is going to my grave. If not true you’re just being a bitch and looking to ruin someone. Even if true and you wait 6 years to the point it’s the jazz best season ever you’re just looking to screw someone.

My main views:
1. What does Elijah have to gain from this? Absolutely nothing.

2. If he wanted to makeup a fake he said/she said story, couldn't he have thought of something much more damaging?

3. We know that DL has a fiery streak. Things can be said in the heat of the moment and exit interviews can get heated as they are very "real" moments.

4. Is what DL said that egregious? No, but if he's denying it then it just makes it look worse. Will we ever truly know if Quin doesn't speak up? No. Hell Quin might legitimately not remember. From the responses in this thread, you can tell white people don't consider that bad to the point that I don't think it would register to many.

At the end of the day you should probably just go ahead and fire DL immediately. He can be replaced and Utah already had shakey race relations. This could do a ton of damage to the org if the story stays in the media.

Best thing would be to own up and apologize. I think most players/people would accept that.
Exit interviews aren't fiery like you are claiming. They tend to be extremely low key. Especially for a player like Millsap that had a solid end of the season and was clearly coming back.

I am waiting for both sides of the story as I believe that's important. I'd like to see an independent investigation and hear from other players. That's common sense. You on the other hand just went on some bigoted emotional diatribe calling people who simply aren't jumping the gun racist. Calling "most" jazz fans racist. What a garbage bigoted take.
Both sides are out dude.

Millsap said his thing. DL denied it. Quin said he can't remember.

And the fan reaction, especially on this board where anonymous takes are allowed, is quite telling.

Exit interviews aren't fiery like you are claiming. They tend to be extremely low key. Especially for a player like Millsap that had a solid end of the season and was clearly coming back.
They can be very fiery, especially if someone knows they arent coming back. It's the moment of truth where everyone lays it out. The coaches/GM tell you what you need to work on and your expected future with the team and the player either takes it or gets to vent about how they were treated/coached/minutes/etc.