What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

Y'all are just telling on yourselves by simply not being able to read, or the fact that you can read but somehow your anger about a black person speaking up is preventing you from actually processing information.

Stay up all night building your soapbox?

You’re analyzing all the angles, but there’s no way Elijah lied?

I don’t think analyzing all the angles means what you think it does.
What I don't understand about his argument is that he keeps insinuating that these exit interviews are intense which they aren't. They tend to be focused on what the player did well and what they need to work on in the offseason. Particularly with minimum contract guys like Millsap. There is absolutely no reason his exit interview would be some intense situation.

You’re analyzing all the angles, but there’s no way Elijah lied?

I don’t think analyzing all the angles means what you think it does.
1. I dont know a lot of background on Elijah other than his family (which by all accounts are great/humble people, not a family that is going to toss dirt just to toss dirt), so I guess there is a chance he has some shady things there that I'm unaware of

2. I just cant see any motive for him to lie. This has a higher chance of hurting him than it does DL. Maybe there is some angle I'm not seeing, but the revenge for firing angle just doesnt seem to fit when he was clearly underqualified and Utah gave him an opportunity. Could he still be bitter, sure, but he has more of a reason to be bitter to the other teams that cut him and never gave him regular minutes or even let him onto a regular season roster.

3. Its' not like Elijah held onto this and popped it at the worst possible time for the Jazz. It isnt the playoffs. It's smack dab in the middle of the regular season. It's fully understandable why someone would hold onto this and wait until they were out of any NBA position.

If DL did in fact say it we'll have some clarity very soon.

Bigots, especially bigots with power, don't make these kinds of comments just once.

Someone else will come forward.
People can say things. DL doesnt have to be a bigot for him to slip up and have a moment where he says something. People can hide things. I often say a lot of curse words and inappropriate things but I go into work and I'm a good boy.

What I don't understand about his argument is that he keeps insinuating that these exit interviews are intense which they aren't. They tend to be focused on what the player did well and what they need to work on in the offseason. Particularly with minimum contract guys like Millsap. There is absolutely no reason his exit interview would be some intense situation.
There's no reason why an open discussion where people are being honest and critical can get intense? You being for real or just putting the blinders on?

1. I dont know a lot of background on Elijah other than his family (which by all accounts are great/humble people, not a family that is going to toss dirt just to toss dirt), so I guess there is a chance he has some shady things there that I'm unaware of

2. I just cant see any motive for him to lie. This has a higher chance of hurting him than it does DL. Maybe there is some angle I'm not seeing, but the revenge for firing angle just doesnt seem to fit when he was clearly underqualified and Utah gave him an opportunity. Could he still be bitter, sure, but he has more of a reason to be bitter to the other teams that cut him and never gave him regular minutes or even let him onto a regular season roster.

3. Its' not like Elijah held onto this and popped it at the worst possible time for the Jazz. It isnt the playoffs. It's smack dab in the middle of the regular season. It's fully understandable why someone would hold onto this and wait until they were out of any NBA position.

How does it have a higher chance of hurting Elijah than it does DL. Elijah is out of the league. How is it going to hurt him more?

If this happened I'm wondering what was said in the conversation ( leading up) that would make DL lose his mind and say that. With Snyder being there maybe EM was unhappy about playing time and the conversation got heated. Of course, we're all speculating on this thread trying to dissect because we want to know the truth. Not knowing what happened is frustrating because it's a serious accusation.

How does it have a higher chance of hurting Elijah than it does DL. Elijah is out of the league. How is it going to hurt him more?
He still works in a NBA-adjacent business working for the Millsap's basketball training center in Atlanta. He might want a NBA job at some point as a coach/trainer. That door could be closed if the people hiring think you are someone who is going to speak out against power.

Most of the people on this board (myself included) have said a lot worse than what Dennis Lindsey is accused of saying. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't.

However, we didnt just say it, we have and continue to WRITE IT DOWN under an avatar that hides our face. It's published for those of you who need someone to look up something inappropriate or seedy or slanderous or racist or sexist.

I get that his position matters but we're all guilty at some level of a double standard.

If he said it, he should be reprimanded. It wouldn't be right. But all of us need to hold ourselves to a higher standard on the INTERNET FORUMS we subscribe to. Especially if we think we are somehow contributing to change by labeling people as bigots and STFUs, etc.

Deloy Hansen and Donald Sterling had long historys full of a steady flow of filth streaming from their mouths. I think there is a big difference between that and this IF it holds true.

Whoever is not guilty of saying something inappropriate at some point over the last 10 years, keep throwing your stones.

People can say things. DL doesnt have to be a bigot for him to slip up and have a moment where he says something. People can hide things. I often say a lot of curse words and inappropriate things but I go into work and I'm a good boy.

If that's the case do you think he should be fired?

Not a leading question, just want to know your opinion.

There's no reason why an open discussion where people are being honest and critical can get intense? You being for real or just putting the blinders on?
No I am not putting blinders on. These aren't intense open discussions. These are interviews where they talk about what they feel the player did well during the season and what they would like them to focus on in the offseason. After the way Millsap played to finish the season there was no reason for any animosity. The jazz were clearly happy with the way he played defensively and offensively he needed to work on his outside shot. There is nothing intense about these types of meetings when you are talking about minimum contract guys that are definitely coming back.

No motive?!

Here is this. For the first time in years his name is being mentioned. Attention. Clout. This is no new phenomenon. IF he is lying, it won’t wreck his career.

I just think your bias is showing if you can’t even consider it a possibility.

Let’s walk through a potential situation. What conversation could Elijah be having with Quin that would lead to a reply like that from DL? What could Elijah have said that would make DL react like that?

If that's the case do you think he should be fired?

Not a leading question, just want to know your opinion.
At the end of the day it's a matter of public opinion. It isnt a right or wrong thing. Utah as a reputation (earned or unearned, not here to argue, but it exist). If this was a medium wage worker who worked in a non-public facing position it's a different conversation and one where I would lean more on the side of "We need stronger evidence/reasons to believe". DL is going to be fine regardless.

I'm sure Utah will let it simmer, see how the media picks up the story, then act accordingly based on player reaction. This could easily get swept under the media rug because what Elijah claims isnt that headline grabbing.

But yeah, I would probably fire him, especially if no players are coming out to defend him. Utah has to be more diligent about these things to help their image. I would probably wait to hear from Rudy as well since he says he would contact him for the larger story.

B-yTFVqVIAAyM68

Quin played with the GM who last got fired for leaked racist comments and he worked for the next?

Let’s walk through a potential situation. What conversation could Elijah be having with Quin that would lead to a reply like that from DL? What could Elijah have said that would make DL react like that?
Does it matter?