What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

"Some outside counsel or somebody, all they can do is just try to stir it up and make [me] look as if I'm lying."
As somebody defending Millsap and cautoning people from jumping to conclusions, I'm not gonna lie: This quote triggered my sus-o-meter. And this following one here:
"These guys, they had the opportunity to tell people the truth about who I was," Millsap said. "And they didn't do that. That's disgusting to me."
Straight up is not a good look for him. It makes it sound like this is indeed about a grudge, and not about shining a light.

I don't know what the truth is, but he's basically just answered the question "Why would he lie?"

If Elijah actually is lying like Lindsey is stating then there is no way he should reach out to him. We are talking about someone that is trying to destroy Dennis Lindsey and make no mistake about it that is Millsap's intention here. If it wasn't his intention then he would have actually called him to discuss this.

Yeah...how's that going to pass with the players on this team. You're not even going to hear what Elijah has to say and call him liar instead...really? What kind of message does that send to your players who believe what their friend is telling them. There is no harm in hearing what Elijah has to say. Quite frankly, that is the only path for DL to exonerate himself. If you truly believe you did nothing wrong, there is nothing wrong with hearing what he has to say.

This idea that Elijah is looking to destroy someone's life is so ridiculous to me. If he wanted to destroy him, why wouldn't he accuse him of something that would actually destroy him. He could be on tape saying this, it would not destroy him. Why would he go on to say that this is a one time thing and that he does not believe he is a racist.

We don't know the full truth and we never will. I find it very uncomfortable that people are so willing to dismiss Elijah and call him a liar whose trying to destroy someone. It's as uncomfortable as someone calling DL a racist without knowing the full truth.

Elijah displays that he has resentment for things the Jazz did to him and also claims they talked to other teams about him(not sure how he knows this). He waited 6 years to say a word.

DL has witnesses who say he never said it. Not one other person or player has yet to has come forward with DL saying anything even remotely negative.

Unless someone comes out and says DL has said something similar, it's going to be really hard for him to get the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah...how's that going to pass with the players on this team. You're not even going to hear what Elijah has to say and call him liar instead...really? What kind of message does that send to your players who believe what their friend is telling them. There is no harm in hearing what Elijah has to say. Quite frankly, that is the only path for DL to exonerate himself. If you truly believe you did nothing wrong, there is nothing wrong with hearing what he has to say.

This idea that Elijah is looking to destroy someone's life is so ridiculous to me. If he wanted to destroy him, why wouldn't he accuse him of something that would actually destroy him. He could be on tape saying this, it would not destroy him. Why would he go on to say that this is a one time thing and that he does not believe he is a racist.

We don't know the full truth and we never will. I find it very uncomfortable that people are so willing to dismiss Elijah and call him a liar whose trying to destroy someone. It's as uncomfortable as someone calling DL a racist without knowing the full truth.
No offense dude, but let's assume Elijah is lying, and you're DL. Somebody on twitter just posted a blatant lie about you for the entire world to see, without reaching out to you first.

Why on earth wouldn't he think it was malicious? Why on earth wouldn't he immediately seek legal counsel on how to proceed, considering this is jeopardizing his career and professional reputation? Any lawyer worth their salt would tell him NOT to contact the accuser.

This is of course assuming Elijah is lying, which we obviously don't know. But if he is, Lindsey's actions are completely justifiable.

It will pass with the players just fine. We already know what Elijah has to say and if Lindsey says he is lying then there is no reason to speak with someone that you consider to be a terrible person.

Also there is nothing ridiculous about believing that Millsap wants to destroy Lindsey. In fact it is pretty ridiculous to think otherwise with the way he has gone about this. If the goal wasn't to hurt Lindsey then there are better ways to go about this.

No offense dude, but let's assume Elijah is lying, and you're DL. Somebody on twitter just posted a blatant lie about you for the entire world to see, without reaching out to you first.

Why on earth wouldn't he think it was malicious? Why on earth wouldn't he immediately seek legal counsel on how to proceed, considering this is jeopardizing his career and professional reputation? Any lawyer worth their salt would tell him NOT to contact the accuser.

This is of course assuming Elijah is lying, which we obviously don't know. But if he is, Lindsey's actions are completely justifiable.
No kidding. The fact that he thinks that Lindsey somehow owes him a conversation if he is in fact lying is crazy to me.

Because there were WITNESSES that said that it didn't happen. These witnesses are welcoming a full investigation, and other than saying that things didn't happen as Elijah said, have pretty much treated him with respect and restraint. THEN Elijah comes out in an article going full Uncle Rico.

Just like Chappelle said when talking about Jussie Smolett, the other players are supporting Elijah WITH their silence.

Why wouldn't I think he's malicious? Because if he was being malicious, he would have made an allegation that would have actually jeopardized my career. He wouldn't have gone on to say that he doesn't think I'm a racist and he wouldn't have said it was an isolated incident.

Now assume Elijah isn't lying. Actually, just assume that there are people in your locker room that don't believe that Elijah is lying. They believe what their their friend is telling them. They don't know the truth for sure, but how bad is it to not even consider his concerns?

Misunderstandings happen all the time. It could have happened on either end in this situation. If you truly believe you did not say this, respect Elijah enough to know why there is a misunderstanding.

Because there were WITNESSES that said that it didn't happen. These witnesses are welcoming a full investigation, and other than saying that things didn't happen as Elijah said, have pretty much treated him with respect and restraint. THEN Elijah comes out in an article going full Uncle Rico.

Just like Chappelle said when talking about Jussie Smolett, the other players are supporting Elijah WITH their silence.

The investigation is good, even though it has zero chance of resulting to anything. But the fact that the Jazz are taking it seriously is good. I've said this many times in this thread. We will not know the full truth, it is impossible to do so. What's most important is make it abundantly clear that this type of behavior is not allowed in the Jazz culture and that if these concerns are brought up, they will be listened to and treated seriously. In other words, if you have a concern we're going to hear you out and not immediately call you liar. That basic respect is deserved.

"Obviously, I know my truth," Millsap said in an interview with The Associated Press.

This, along with his belief that the Jazz blackballed him are starting to make me feel like this is all made up. Anytime someone says "my truth" instead of "the truth", I become very skeptical. There is no Millsap truth and there is no Dennis Lindsey truth. There is just the truth. If you have to clarify that it is "your truth", you are admitting that there are potential differences between your truth and reality. Very questionable.
I apologize for making assumptions, but I assume from this post that you may have enjoyed the privilege of identifying with a dominant culture. I believe that most people who have come from a marginalized culture understand the significance of “my truth”. When a dominant culture erases or rewrites history in its favor, my truth is all that is left for everyone else. It is actually a very powerful statement used by many who are trying to voice things that have been silenced.

I am certainly not saying that DL is certainly guilty here, but Millsap’s use of the phrase my truth should not be the thing that casts doubt on him.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for giving this perspective some consideration.

Why wouldn't I think he's malicious? Because if he was being malicious, he would have made an allegation that would have actually jeopardized my career. He wouldn't have gone on to say that he doesn't think I'm a racist and he wouldn't have said it was an isolated incident.

Now assume Elijah isn't lying. Actually, just assume that there are people in your locker room that don't believe that Elijah is lying. They believe what their their friend is telling them. They don't know the truth for sure, but how bad is it to not even consider his concerns?

Misunderstandings happen all the time. It could have happened on either end in this situation. If you truly believe you did not say this, respect Elijah enough to know why there is a misunderstanding.
I'm sorry but Millsap saying I'm not calling him a racist is a joke. He is clearly calling him a racist. He wanted to make a big deal out of this and hurt Lindsey. He clearly hates Lindsey and thinks he ruined his career. Millsap made a big mistake with that ESPN interview. Before that everyone was wondering what reason would he have to lie. Now we know he did have a reason. As of now we have a big reason for why Millsap would lie and 2 witnesses saying it never happened. Also to say this allegation doesn't jeopardize his career is really naive. It absolutely could jeopardize his career and more importantly his reputation. For most people reputation means a hell of a lot and to have a reputation as a racist or bigot is horrible if it's not true.

Last edited:

Why do you assume anyone in the Jazz locker room is close friends with Elijah Millsap? I think Gobert said they talk or something, but I haven't heard much about any kind of super close friendships with Jazz players.

Does it matter that Quin Snyder was in the meeting and doesn’t recall Lindsey saying it?
It does in that in a follow up response Quin said he's sensitive to those kinds of issues and it would have stood out to him if it had happened and that he doesn't remember that comment at all.

Last edited:
Why do you assume anyone in the Jazz locker room is close friends with Elijah Millsap? I think Gobert said they talk or something, but I haven't heard much about any kind of super close friendships with Jazz players.

I assume that Gobert is friends with Millsap because he said they were very close. They also don't need to be friends with Elijah to believe him. Nobody here is personal friends with DL, but they seem to believe him and feel very comfortable calling Elijah a terrible person.

As I've said repeatedly over and over, it's less important to find out what was actually said for sure. It cannot be done. What's most important is how the Jazz set a precedent on how they handle these types of concerns. If you're a player, employee, or anyone associated with the Jazz you want to know that if something happens to you, they will hear you out.

I assume that Gobert is friends with Millsap because he said they were very close. They also don't need to be friends with Elijah to believe him. Nobody here is personal friends with DL, but they seem to believe him and feel very comfortable calling Elijah a terrible person.

As I've said repeatedly over and over, it's less important to find out what was actually said for sure. It cannot be done. What's most important is how the Jazz set a precedent on how they handle these types of concerns. If you're a player, employee, or anyone associated with the Jazz you want to know that if something happens to you, they will hear you out.
There were witnesses. It is pretty clear that Elijah embellished. It is also pretty clear that the Jazz already have a culture that already accomplished whatever the Hell Elijah was trying to do with his six year old allegation. The fact that the players could listen to Elijah, listen to Lindsey and not do anything stupidly overboard tells me that they have this thing figured out far better than the philosophers on this message board.

All of the players have been active on racial justice. The fact that they have remained silent here speaks volumes. They have a better view than anyone.