What's new

Exum upset after being fouled by Oni in practice

really expressed badly, but the main idea is of some inches of lenght not being meaningful to me
It’s meaning becomes exponentially more important depending on which end you’re on.

You can't add inches to arms.

bullshizzle:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Limb-Lengthening-Surgery-Creates-Controversy-269145341.html

Limb lengthening has been around for a long time. It is very popular in China, and with midgets.

That reminds me. My neighbor is a midget, and I saw him get off the city bus when I was headed home the other day. I stopped and told him to hop in. He flipped me off and told me to **** off. I thought, "what an ungrateful little a-hole", as I zipped up my backpack and continued my walk home.

so is he wrong oncthe previous part of "can't teach height" ?

asking cause i could use get a few inches from some height class
The previous part is his measurements being “elite” are at least debatable, if not simply incorrect. His wingspan isn’t godly, especially since he isn’t a PG. His leaping ability is mediocre at best.

He got into this league by being a “PG” that’s quick and 6’6” and thumping on nobodies. He’s one of the least talented or skillful players I’ve ever seen, and his ‘tantalizing potential’ (being a 6’6” PG) isn’t even a thing anymore because he is not a good enough ball handler to be a PG, tall PGs are more and more common, and so is positionless baaketball.

I pity him as much as you can reasonably pity a 24-year-old that’s been handed >$40 million for being a nice, hard-working kid. Which is to say that I don’t really. Whether it’s fair or not, it really looks like his psyche is only marginally tougher than the tissue paper his body is made of.

The previous part is his measurements being “elite” are at least debatable, if not simply incorrect. His wingspan isn’t godly, especially since he isn’t a PG. His leaping ability is mediocre at best.

He got into this league by being a “PG” that’s quick and 6’6” and thumping on nobodies. He’s one of the least talented or skillful players I’ve ever seen, and his ‘tantalizing potential’ (being a 6’6” PG) isn’t even a thing anymore because he is not a good enough ball handler to be a PG, tall PGs are more and more common, and so is positionless baaketball.

I pity him as much as you can reasonably pity a 24-year-old that’s been handed >$40 million for being a nice, hard-working kid. Which is to say that I don’t really.
I’ve seen a couple people ask on Twitter if he should be a stretch four. I know you’d appreciate that.

I’ve seen a couple people ask on Twitter if he should be a stretch four. I know you’d appreciate that.
He should medically retire and devote his life to something actually helpful to the world and be so ****ing grateful that he ever got a shot in the league, not to mention dozens of millions of dollars.

Or, sure, yeah, a stretch 4. It’s been a while since I’ve watched a person literally explode.

I pity him as much as you can reasonably pity a 24-year-old that’s been handed >$40 million for being a nice, hard-working kid. Which is to say that I don’t really. Whether it’s fair or not, it really looks like his psyche is only marginally tougher than the tissue paper his body is made of.

Hyperbole much?

Only thing about this that bothers me is he left the court. Bush league stuff there. They are grown men, throw hands or hug and make up. Don’t leave like a little beatch.

Hyperbole much?
It’s a quick, hot take. I should clarify; he’s one of the least talented or skilled NBA players I’ve seen that are supposed to be actually good at playing the game of basketball. This doesn’t take into consideration the pedestrian, stiff big that roamed the league for most of the NBA’s existence, nor does it consider speed or height basketball-specific skills. Given that criteria, I’m not being hyperbolic.

. I should clarify; he’s one of the least talented or skilled NBA players I’ve seen that are supposed to be actually good at playing the game of basketball.

We do not agree on a lot of things but you are spot on about Exum. I ( and yamers I think) was saying the same things way before the draft, really hoping Jazz would not fall for the hype. Too bad Orlando was smart enough to skip on Exum and took Gordon from us.

I understand the frustration with him being injured all the time. But, if he didn’t have the injury concern and was in this last draft he would still be a top 15 pick and probably top 10. Sure, it would largely be based on potential, but he has a lot of potential to be good. Question his toughness, but saying he has no skill is just plain wrong.

I don't get the hate for Exum. Yea people have a right to be disappointed in his performance so far. However, he didn't purposively get hurt. He has had bad luck. I cannot be upset with him for getting hurt. It is frustrating that he gets hurt but the hate regarding Exum seems over the top. Maybe his draft position has something to do with it. Looking back at that draft all the top 5 guys have underperformed. Not one of them have made an all-star game. So perhaps Exum was overrated to begin with or his draft class was.

I just would like to see him stay healthy before I completely give up on him. Maybe his DNA/body can't support playing in the NBA, I don't think that is a reason to hate on him. I would feel bad if he gets hurt again because despite having money I think Exum likes to play basketball and if that was taken from him then it would be tragic.