What's new

Game Thread Feb 09, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Celtics

Added to Calendar: 02-09-21

Niang needs to be upgraded. I mean lets be real we could do better.

Love the roster beyond that. Oni finally in the rotatation.

Howard, Brantley, and Hughes all waiting in the wings ;-)

Lots of talent, and everyone has bought in.

Niang needs to be upgraded. I mean lets be real we could do better.

Love the roster beyond that. Oni finally in the rotatation.

Howard, Brantley, and Hughes all waiting in the wings ;-)

Lots of talent, and everyone has bought in.
miscellaneous-nit-nit_picking-nit_pickers-competitions-championship-bstn880_low.jpg

I hope for Favors's sake that his back is acting up and he's playing through some pain because...oof. He was kinda just standing there while a layup line flew past him.
I would put Oni's minutes with Favors to see if it helps.

Great game, love how Jazz were able to dominate in last minutes under pressure. Also I really like that new dunking Bogey much more than his previous flopping on drives without getting the calls.

I hope for Favors's sake that his back is acting up and he's playing through some pain because...oof. He was kinda just standing there while a layup line flew past him.
He can’t move anything like he used to. Looks so stiff out there.

It's weird Kemba is having such a underwhelming season. I feel bad for the dude - when he's on he's fun to watch.

Both games were bad matchups for Favors as he got hit with a good stretch 5 playing the backup minutes, leaving him less available to protect the paint. Rudy can do both simultaneously, but almost no one else can.

I don't think recent matchups have been tough and he's getting torched at the basket even when he's in position. Really, he's looked heavy on his feet all season. I'm not too worried about it....but I don't think he's been playing with the activity level that he did a couple years ago.

I don't think recent matchups have been tough and he's getting torched at the basket even when he's in position. Really, he's looked heavy on his feet all season. I'm not too worried about it....but I don't think he's been playing with the activity level that he did a couple years ago.
I think he likely has chronic back pain that limits him. It isn't enough to miss games, and it isn't anything that will improve much more with increased therapy, he has likely gone past that point. It is something he will just deal with, and if it gets too bad they will sit him for a game or 2. But that is how it looks to me. I think he needs a rest right now for a few games. Maybe after this homestand.

I think he likely has chronic back pain that limits him. It isn't enough to miss games, and it isn't anything that will improve much more with increased therapy, he has likely gone past that point. It is something he will just deal with, and if it gets too bad they will sit him for a game or 2. But that is how it looks to me. I think he needs a rest right now for a few games. Maybe after this homestand.

Favors play over the years has been very dependent on his health. He has a bad back and had knees. Without knowing the situation, I agree that an extended rest might be in order. I would honestly feel better about our defense if Morgan was getting the minutes.

Last night our bench only produced 19pts on 6-22 from the field.... and yet even without Conley we still beat the Celtics by double-digits.

These kinds of wins are really encouraging.

But they also show us a little bit about how important our health is. I think this team really depends on excellent bench production, and we shouldn’t expect to win very often when the bench puts up those kinds of numbers. We’re a steady-flow assault kind of team, so the bench needs to be able to keep turning the screws.

Favors came in and grabbed a couple of nice offensive rebounds, then promptly disappeared for the rest of the night. Hopefully the extra rest before Milwaukee will help him.

On another note, I had no idea Daniel Theis was a threat from deep. Without his 5-6 performance on threes, the Jazz might have pulled away earlier in the game.