What's new

Game Thread Feb 11, 2023 05:30PM MT: Jazz at Knicks

Added to Calendar: 02-11-23

He is good on D. Something I really like that maybe goes unnoticed is how he rotates to contests shots under the basket to help the big. He has a big body and long arms and usually does a good job on being pyhsical without fouling
Yeah, only issue is that I don't think he's great at guarding quick guys, especially through screens. His strength is more guarding the bigger wings/guards/forwards. He can really defend up a position with ease and makes transition difficult if he's back.

THT is easily our most talented passer. He's a guy who can see a difficult passing window and instantly act on it. Most players have a level of fear of making hard passes that THT just doesn't have.
That is the good and bad with THT. The dude has no conscious which leads to some bad plays but it also allows him to stay confident and hopefully turn into a consistent player for us.

THT showing flashes late in the season like this is actually best case scenario.

Showing enough promise to where you want him to exercise his option, but not enough to where he could get more now by opting out of it.

He is showing a bit of his inexperience, still very good for a rookie. Also needs to learn to not leave his feet on help when he has zero chance of blocking (think mid range jumper). He needs to box out instead to avoid letting the opponent have so many 2nd chance points.
Yes. I think it took Rudy a couple of years to be disciplined and stop going for every pump fake or jumper. Kessler will get fewer blocks and that's fine

THT was great, played about a under control as I've seen him.

Kessler wasn't great. Kept taking himself out of position.

Sexton is awesome, but has a ways to go before he starts making his teammates better.

Still a pretty competitive game considering how poorly our main offensive weapons were shooting most the game.

He is showing a bit of his inexperience, still very good for a rookie. Also needs to learn to not leave his feet on help when he has zero chance of blocking (think mid range jumper). He needs to box out instead to avoid letting the opponent have so many 2nd chance points.

Kessler was out of position a lot tonight trying to cover for his teammates. Still pulled down 15 boards. The rebounding issue ain't him.

Should have traded him and rolled with Sexton/THT as our starters for the rest of the season.
I imagine they tried. If they could have gotten a FRP and turned it down, they are stupid. I don't mind his style of play after a broken play, but he takes too many early shots.

THT was great, played about a under control as I've seen him.

Kessler wasn't great. Kept taking himself out of position.

Sexton is awesome, but has a ways to go before he starts making his teammates better.

Still a pretty competitive game considering how poorly our main offensive weapons were shooting most the game.
Sexton running into WK on the rebound and giving the Knicks another 3 was the dagger of the game

Win is a win and a loss is a win.

THT has been a revelation last two games just like I predicted he will be to end this season. Damn I love to see it as a believer.

Inserting JC back tonight did not kill the ball movement - a huge win. This was a good game aside threes not falling. Overall good ball movement

And Lauri... Effectiveness has been off last few games BUT - now he has done some good damage on the 4th as he needs to do. Earlier on the season he started hot and diminished in the end. Now it has been other way around and his shooting will not be as bad it was tonight for the 1st half. Also about five of his missed shots came from few tip-ins
lol. I would love to see his effectiveness get higher soon again but I guess for the tank this is good.

Last edited: